30 week milestone!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just hit 30 weeks! It feels unreal. I am really not used to having this belly, and the fact that it will just keep growing for (hopefully) another 10-12 weeks just seems NUTS!!!! At the same time, sometimes I forget I am this far along, and I'm like, "wait, what?! when did this happen???" (Ummmm, very very slowly over the last 26 weeks, hehe)

I can tell that some anxiety is coming back. I don't feel as safe as I did at 24 weeks. Probably because I am starting to worry about delivery and late-term problems. But at the same time, the baby feels VERY VERY real to me and I am now actively buying stuff for the nursery, etc. There is so much to do to get ready for her and it's really fun to do all that. So I am more excited too!

-----------------------

Also just a little back story for those who are interested (I think only Erica was around PAL when all this happened, but some of you TTCAL ladies may have followed some of this too):

Up until 14.5 weeks, I really did not think I would be here right now. I had rather heavy (soaked through my underwear, needed a pad, bright red blood) bleeds at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and again at close to 11 weeks. No cramps or pain, turned to brown spotting within a couple of hours. Every time there was a heartbeat at the next u/s, no sign of a clot or any problem, and everything measured on time. At 12 and again at 12.5 weeks, I had absolutely massive bleeds (soaked through overnight pads within seconds, with huge clots) and was completely sure I had lost the pregnancy, but INSANELY there was no problem visible on the u/s, baby just hanging out looking totally fine, no subchorionic hematoma, nothing. Never had any cramps or pain with those either. I kept continually spotting brown. I wore pads all the time and kept a complete change of clothes and overnight pads in the car, just in case. I was afraid to go places or even leave the couch. My only saving grace (blessing in disguise) was bad m/s. Every time I got sick, I thought to myself that maybe the baby would be okay after all.

Finally at 14.5 weeks, I had a high-res ultrasound to examine my placenta and its placement more closely (it was too small to see before that). Everything looked fine, placenta was big and high, but they could see the remains of a huge blood clot or SCH or something sitting on my cervix. It must have been too low down for them to see earlier. That was also when we found out we were having a girl

Anyway, about a week or two later the spotting cleared up and since then it has been smooth sailing. But I wanted you guys to know what happened before. I clearly remember the unbelievable stress of my 1st tri and even beginning of the 2nd, and I got a lot of support from this board, it helped a lot.

March 20th, 2011, 01:17 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so so so happy for you- and I cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl!
March 20th, 2011, 01:17 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not too much longer and she will be here! What a journey you have had.

What kind of nursery theme are you going with for her?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 20th, 2011, 01:41 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What an amazing journey and miracle. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to say I am at 30 weeks. That will be amazing! My belly always caught everything when I was that far along .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
What kind of nursery theme are you going with for her?
You know I *HAD* to answer that one!!!

We painted the room a very nice blue-green (Sherwin Williams "Restful") with basic white trim and new white blinds. It looks grayish and sage-y in dim light but very vibrant in sunlight, I love that color. I have a lot of VERY bright-colored items (bold quilts, purple-framed mirror), but most of the stuff I'm getting is "natural" (neutral beige-y) or wood. In general I'm making a lot of stuff myself or using hand-me-downs or gifts, not going for the usual Babies R Us matching sets of things, so it will be very eclectic (I think that's a nicer word than "mismatched" ) I try to get a lot of things in the most light neutral color possible or a brown/wood tone, because various bright colors, like purples, rose-y pinks and reds, various blues and greens, some bright yellows, etc etc, just call my name sometimes and I can't resist, but at the same time I don't want the whole room to look overwhelming. I have no idea how it will look when it's all put together but I know I will love it!!! (even though it won't exactly look like a magazine cover)

March 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I think is sounds great!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
mom2moose
Woo hoo!! It must have been so hard having all that bleeding and not finding out (until much later) what was causing it. I would have been a crazy mess! Congrats on being so strong!

I like the colors for your nursery. I also like that it's going to be a bit different. I don't like those nursery's that look as though they were designed and furnished by a baby store as much. In 8 to 12 weeks, she'll be home to enjoy it!!
March 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats hun! 30 Weeks is awesome, let me tell you, your belly WILL get bigger! Mine is HUGE! Although, interestingly enough it has not gotten any bigger in the last month, because baby keep dropping lower!

I had a horrible first trimester as well. I was certain this little guy wouldn't make it. I am so glad we are both still here! You are getting so close! I am so happy for you!

March 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy for you Shen! As you know I had an SCH with this pregnancy too and had just 1 bleed, but had lost a prior pregnancy due to an SCH with several of those huge terrifying bleeds you describe. I feel so fortunate to have reached 27 weeks today and am so happy for you that you only have 10 weeks left!!

March 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRN View Post
So happy for you Shen! As you know I had an SCH with this pregnancy too and had just 1 bleed, but had lost a prior pregnancy due to an SCH with several of those huge terrifying bleeds you describe. I feel so fortunate to have reached 27 weeks today and am so happy for you that you only have 10 weeks left!!
Thanks, MamaRN! I remember you had a tough time with the diagnosis of another SCH. And knowing what had happened with you, we kept thinking I MUST have a SCH, but they just couldn't ever see it for some reason, until it was detached and on its way out. And you were on rest and everything. Stressful times. But somehow we made it to the 3rd tri!! Congrats on 27 weeks!!!!!

March 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on 30 weeks!!!!!

Your story is amazing!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search