Nightmares?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Anyone else haveing or had nightmares during their pregnancies?

I had another one last night and it kept me up all night. I will of course be calling the dr office to get a heartbeat check to ease my mind but I just wonder if i am alone in the nightmare department.

In the dream I started bleeding and it seemed so real and I was so upset becuase I really *thought this was our rainbow baby. Of course I wake up and realize it was just a bad dream but dang it seemed so real and I couldn't go back to sleep. That was at 1am . I am at work now but hope to get in this afternoon to get a check. I hate this. And for some reason the nightmares are centered more around our first loss then our second. Almost as if that one was harder which it could have been. Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.

On a positive note I am 13 weeks today go go second trimester!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 21st, 2011, 09:50 AM
mom2moose
I have been lucky and not had many nightmares this pregnancy. I had them ALL the time with DD. They were AWFUL! And so real, I would wake up crying and then would be depressed for days! I'm sorry you're having them. They suck!
March 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been having vivid nightmares every-night for the past 5 days or so. I am so overtired because I usually sleep like a log and now I am waking up a few times every night.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
DH said I kept groaning and reaching for him. So I kept him up too. I feel bad.

March 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks Missy! Can't wait for you to get here . Well and beyond of course.

March 21st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a lot of nightmares in the beginning. Loss dreams. They got better as my problems cleared up. Then I started having nightmares that I already had a baby, and I forgot them somehow, and I am trying desperately to find them... or the baby is taken away from me and I can't find them anymore, I am searching through some weird institutional/hospital maze... and now a new variety is coming on, where I am trying to breastfeed but I can't for some reason. My last breastfeeding dream was better, I was successfully nursing from one side and it was great, but on the other side my nipple had become as long and thin and sharp as a syringe and I was afraid it would hurt my baby's mouth!!!

These later ones are not nearly as haunting as the loss nightmares of the beginning. They are very real-feeling though. I think the pregnancy hormones can cause especially vivid and crazy dreams.

I'm sorry you are having nightmares, but I do think it's quite normal!!

March 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks Shen I do appreciate the story. It makes me feel better that its not a premontion or something crazy. I am used to vivid dreams but these are so sad and upsetting. I just hope this is the last of them.
Sorry you are having bad dreams still.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search