Hi, can someone talk me down please?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
I just this Saturday found out that I am pregnant. I had my second miscarriage back in December and all I've thought about since then is trying again. So when I got my BFP I was totally unprepared for my reaction. Instead of overjoyed, I just felt horrified. I've been fretting all weekend, I've barely slept, I can't eat. I'm just terrified it's going to go wrong again. I didn't expect to feel like this and I don't know how to deal. I can't see a Dr for at least 3 more weeks. Any advice?
March 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My advice is just keep posting in here! How far along are you? When is your due date? With your previous losses is your doctor going to do betas?

((Hugs)) It is scary. I have been scared on and off a thousand times a day.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
mom2moose
With this pregnancy, we had been trying for a few months. )I had a missed m/c last March.) So, I was shocked to get my BFP and instead of being instanly elated, I was a hot mess. LOL I was crying thinking of all the things that could go wrong. But within a day or two, I got so excited and happy. I still have fears. We all do. But when that happens, I just post here and the ladies talk to me until I'm calmer. This is a great place to be!!

By the way, congrats on your BFP. And welcome!! Hope you have a marvelous 9 months!!
March 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's normal to have those feelings. I would definitely say that my first few weeks, the predominant emotions were terror, horror, nervousness, and overwhelmedness... with some temporary relief and excitement if/when I got good news at the doctor's office. As it I got further along, I got more positive and less anxious. I was incredibly excited when I first heard the heartbeat, and when I first saw a face with a nose and everything on the ultrasound. But my first thought was definitely "oh no, I'm so afraid of this going wrong again"

I hope everything goes wonderfully for you with this pregnancy!!!

March 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome and congratulations!
It is scary. But we have each other to help get through it. You will see us have crazies and know its normal and feel better. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Thank you for all your kind replies I have no idea how far along I am, I just got a BFP this Saturday and my period was due around about Sat/Sun/Monday, so I'm probably right around four weeks. I can't take any time off work to get Betas done, but to be honest I don't think I would anyway, as I think that will only make me more anxious and prone to analyse every. little. detail!
March 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
What was the first day of your last period?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

March 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
It was February 16th, but I don't have regular cycles at all, so I'm just guessing my period was due around this weekend sometime. I will probably wait until I get past what I estimate the 6 week mark before I go in to the Dr. My first loss was at 11 weeks, and my second loss was at 6, but I didn't miscarry until almost three weeks later. I don't think I'm going to be able to relax through this whole pregnancy!
March 21st, 2011, 06:40 PM
You are due the day before me!

Based on a last menstrual period of February 16, 2011:

Your due date is November 23, 2011.

Your baby was conceived around March 02, 2011.

Your first trimester begins February 16, 2011.
Your second trimester begins May 12, 2011.
Your third trimester begins August 25, 2011.

There are 247 days left until your due date.

You are 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

March 21st, 2011, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are so scared! It is understandable though... pregnancy after loss is super hard. I hope this turns out to be a great pregnancy for you!

On a side note, I can't help but notice you have a thing for beagles.... I have a Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix! We love him!

March 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is totally normal to feel the way you do. I hope that posting here helps!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 22nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Stargatemommy, yes I joined JM back when I was expecting my dd, and we had a beagle. Sadly she is no longer with us But I still love me some beagles!

thank you all again for being so reassuring. I think I will hang around here for a while if that is okay, I am not confident enough to join a due date club just yet.

Re- the due date, my cycles are usually on the longer side, but I will go with November 23rd for now
March 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same way as you when I found out about this pregnancy. It was my first cycle after my second loss, and we had decided to take a break from actively trying for a few months, but we got this surprise and I sort of freaked out. Keeping myself distracted with talking about things besides pregnancy helped. I've done a lot of reading over the past few weeks. I also opted not to get betas done, because those only freaked me out more in the past. My OB got me scheduled for an appointment about two weeks after my BFP because he knew I had been through recent losses and would be anxious to get a ultrasound. I didn't join my DDC until after I saw the hb on an ultrasound, and I'm glad I waited because reading about others losses would have just made me more nervous.

It is so difficult to be pregnant after loss. Just take it a day at a time. Good luck to you!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search