Babywearing thoughts opinions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I baby wear and love it! I just love having my son close to me and still be hands free. When he was a baby I used my moby wrap which I got at target it was great bit sometimes I had trouble in the beginning with tying it. I now use an ergo and carry him on my back. I can't say how much I love the ergo! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and still able to wear him with no discomfort. Boba carriers are really great I hear too and a good price. I play on wearing our new baby in the moby for the newborn stage and still wear ds on my back as long as its not too much. Dh also doesn't mind wearing either.

March 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't get the hang of it with my first 3 and I really think it was the slings I was trying.

I have a Moby this time and an Ergo so I'm hoping we'll be successful

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I liked my ring sling and dh would even use it while he sat at the computer so his hands were free. I liked wearing my last baby around the house but getting her out of the car seat to put her in a sling to get groceries didn't work. She was usually asleep after the car ride and I didn't see the point in waking her up. That being said, my sil thought I was spoiling her because I walked around the house carrying her. The opposite of baby wearing is what she did. Put the baby in something and left it there all day. I would feel so sorry for her kid when I'd go over and she was sitting alone in the highchair with no interaction. She's older now and something is just wrong with her. My dh says she acts out, begging for attention. Hmmm......

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Last edited by 8miraclez; March 23rd, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
March 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a Baby Bjorn with Nolan, I didn't like it since my bbs were always full and sore, and my incision was always sore, so I hated wearing him and didn't do it long. I also had a sling, didn't like it with him either.

With the twins, dh and I each had a Bjorn and LOVED wearing the twins, since they were so prem and fussy alot-we nearly wore those things out. I also bought an Ergo, but rarely used it with the twins.

I plan on using the Bjorn or Ergo with this bean, though.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
March 23rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have done this with all of mine. I use my carriers the most when I'm out of the house, but occasionally wear them at home when they are fussy. I have a Bjorn Active for when they are small (this one isn't my favorite but DH loves it), a homemade Moby (mine is more like 5 yards long though), and an Ergo. I LOVE my Ergo, but I bought a Beco for my best friend and I think it is even better. I wore my first in the Ergo on my back until she was about 2 1/2...she really loved it. My second I wore as a little one, but once she discovered the stroller, she didn't like being worn anymore. I think Toby is going to be a backpack baby, though...he is a snuggler.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Seven sling, a Moby, and a Babyhawk Mei Tai (came in mail today). I love wearing Ruby. She has reflux and screams all day long, but will sleep happily when I wear her.

Ruby in a sling...

In Moby...

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
March 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an Ergo that we used with DD and really liked it. We didn't start until she was around 4 months. I have a Moby ready and a Mei Tai as well as the Ergo for this little one since I have a feeling with a just 2 year old and a newborn I'll need my hands free!

March 23rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE babywearing. It was invaluable to me when Logan was little...helped me get out of the house with him and helped keep him happy...and it still works to settle him for a nap when he's sick or just really riled up, or if we're out in public and it's loud and distracting.........or just any time. I used a sleepy wrap when he was smaller, and I'm passing it on to my sister for when her daughter is born, because it has just not been used since I got my babyhawk (mei tei). I use my babyhawk every day.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I had a Baby Bjorn with Nolan, I didn't like it since my bbs were always full and sore, and my incision was always sore, so I hated wearing him and didn't do it long. I also had a sling, didn't like it with him either.

With the twins, dh and I each had a Bjorn and LOVED wearing the twins, since they were so prem and fussy alot-we nearly wore those things out. I also bought an Ergo, but rarely used it with the twins.

I plan on using the Bjorn or Ergo with this bean, though.
Just a head's up, I seem to remember reading some reviews where the Bjorn wasn't recommended because it didn't line up the baby's hips properly or his/her spine. I remember because we were given one as a shower gift and then read that and stopped using it after that and got the Ergo.

Might be worth looking into!

March 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Mine is just 7 yards of fabric. I'm lazy and haven't even hemmed the edges.

March 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Great picture!
March 24th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I love how comfy he looks. lol That was the last time I wore him, May of '10 and he was 15 months old. He likes to walk now.

March 24th, 2011, 10:08 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
He does look super happy. Darn the luck for them learning to walk. I might have to look into baby wearing more. It seems like such a wonderful thing for both mom and baby. I just worry about when they start going to daycare and don't get worn by me all day .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Here's Erin in the mei tai I made before getting the wrap. I felt like the wrap was more secure.

March 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love, Love the pictures Brittanie!

I think you have all sold me on babywearing...

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Brittanie I really like the pictures. Makes it easier to see the different types of wraps. I tried a sling with one of my babies (Jeremy I think) but I didn't like the way it covered his face. I might have to try again though.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2011, 08:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had a born for my dd1 and hated it. It was really uncomfortable. Dd2 had bad reflux for the first four months and baby wearing was a lifesaver for me. I made my own Maya style ring sling and Moby style wrap. I preferred the Moby style when she was tiny and she would sleep so good in it. When she got bigger, we moved to the Ergo. I still wear her quite a bit as a 21 lb 11 month old without any discomfort. Even now she wants to be held all the time and the Ergo allows me to do that and get other things done.
March 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love baby wearing. I don't have a stroller! It's way less bother in the snow and ice and taking public transit. It's just like being preggo
I likes my moby stlye wrap for the first 3 months and now we are all about the ergo.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search