Babywearing thoughts opinions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Please share your thought, experiences, opinons on babywearing. Please be nice and respectful (as I know you ladies will). Lets just learn more about it .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 23rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
So I was poking around the AP board and found this thread http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...bywearing.html (Babywearing!!)
I thought it would be perfect to help with the babywearing stuff. It has what the ladies use and why and such. Enjoy . I also posted asking them if they could stop in and add to our discussion.

March 23rd, 2011, 07:40 AM
mom2moose
I knew nothing about this babywearing thing with my DD. So obviously, I didn't do it. I should have though, as I had a baby with severe colic. She didn't stop crying for 4 months and never slept for more than an hour at a time. (In fact, she didn't sleep through the entire night until she was 15 months old. It's why I look so tired all the time. LOL) Not sure if I'll try it with this baby. I don't know enough about it yet.
March 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessi - Thank you so much, I love these threads!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 23rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I babywore DD and plan to again. I use a Moby and love it! It is very comfortable, I could wear baby for hours and have no back pain (I have arthritis in my lower back, so this is important to me). If DD wouldn't sleep I could put her in and walk around, and out she was! It made BFing in public a breeze! Plus, I could just toss it in the wash!

There are many other similar ones and I would totally recommend baby wearing! It frees up your hands to do other things...I could fold laundry, do dishes, wash the floor, shop...etc!

I also want to point out that DD is very good at entertaining herself!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Last edited by onedaysoon; March 23rd, 2011 at 08:12 AM.
March 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I registered for an Ergo Sport and a Maya padded-shoulder ring sling! (The Maya because I heard woven-fabric ring slings were the ONLY way to go in the Mississippi summer heat if you have to be outside, hehe) I plan to wear the baby a lot around the house, and out and about. I'm forgoing a stroller for as long as possible. I just want to be able to see her and have her close to my heart all the time, especially in the beginning

I remember my SIL got some kind of generic wrap for her 1st, but she never really figured out how to tie it and just felt insecure about the baby being safely attached in it. He was a mellow baby and fine with whatever. Now she has #2, and he's a much more high-needs baby (cries and fusses A LOT, wants to be held CONSTANTLY), plus she's already got the 1st to look after too! So she got an Ergo, which is obviously totally secure with all the structure to it, and it's a total lifesaver for her right now. Just goes to show that sometimes your baby forces the issue for you!

March 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
where do I find a moby?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 23rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Moby Wrap Inc.

Moby Wrap Inc.

In case you want to look locally.

March 23rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Moby Wrap Inc. They are sold lots of places (Babies R Us, Target, Amazon, etc) and the website even has a "Shop Local" feature to find local shops that carry them! The Moby is everywhere, it is really popular!

ETA: Haha, Jessi beat me to it. I got lost looking at pretty Moby wraps and did not post my link fast enough

March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
If you go with a Moby, it can be a little daunting at first to figure out, so I would suggest going to YouTube and watching some "how to" videos, they really helped me!

~~~

March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Oh well I guess both links are the same . One was the main site one was the store locator. The locator being the second link.

March 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Moby Wrap Inc. They are sold lots of places (Babies R Us, Target, Amazon, etc) and the website even has a "Shop Local" feature to find local shops that carry them! The Moby is everywhere, it is really popular!
You would think lol...except in Canada (well, we have our own versions such at the "Kangarou"). I did buy mine online (for cheaper than the Moby website) though and got free shipping to Canada...I wish I remembered the website!

~~~

March 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
We seemed to get sidetracked in our threads

March 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't understand. What is the opposite of "babywearing"? Carrying them with your hands?

We had a baby bjorn which was nice at the time. These other things look interesting too, but I don't see my husband wearing one, haha.
March 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I don't understand. What is the opposite of "babywearing"? Carrying them with your hands?

We had a baby bjorn which was nice at the time. These other things look interesting too, but I don't see my husband wearing one, haha.
The opposite maybe being not carrying them at all. LOL I don't know.
March 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Ok, so I just read this page and it seems like the opposite is carrying them around in a car seat. I can see that the carrier would be better than a car seat. I don't know that I buy into all of the "advantages" they have listed. For example, "better sense of organization"? I don't see how their explanation connects to that title. Are they going to re-do my closet at age 2? Color code everything because I let them sleep on me?

Next time I have a baby, I will definitely check these out though. They look a LOT easier than the baby bjorn to clean and more snuggly too.

Thanks for not thinking I am insane for posting in here even though I am not currently pregnant. It's so much more cheerful in here. Plus, I am a nerd too (like someone said in another thread), so I love seeing new things and getting information.
March 23rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I made my own moby wrap...it's bascially just 5 feet of fabric and it worked just like a regular moby. Cost me less then $10
March 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
My husband said no way, just as I figured.
March 23rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
My husband said no way, just as I figured.
My husband said the same thing when we bought it....but by 6 months old he was wearing it outside for walks

~~~

March 23rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
mom2moose
My husband would happily duct tape the baby to himself before he wore it too. But it does look like something I might like. I think it depends on the baby too. My daughter HATED being swaddled or bundled too tightly, so I don't think she would have liked it. This one might though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search