My first Beta is in...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first HCG results are in...3042---yay!! And I'm getting an early u/s tomorrow...I'm so excited...I really hope we can see the heartbeat!!

March 23rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is so wonderful! Can't wait to hear about your u/s tomorrow.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 23rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome, Congratulations!!! Looking forward to your good news

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
mom2moose
Good luck at your u/s tomorrow!!
March 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great number, and good luck tomorrow (today?)! Although you are still a bit early, so don't be too worried if you don't see the heartbeat yet!!

March 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!!!!!!! Hoping everything goes wonderful tomorrow!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is a great beta! Good luck at your ultrasound! I'll be thinking of you!

March 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM
No heartbeat yet....in fact it's a bit younger than we expected...it's measuring slightly smaller than 5 weeks...we thought it was 5 weeks 4 days but our dates could be off so no worries. They saw the sac and said it looks good and has a nice "halo" around it. Also it is waaaayyy high up in my uterus...I don't think it could get any higher...and the tech said the higher the better.

We go for another betta tomorrow!!

March 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
mom2moose
That's great news. Glad everything looks good. Did they tell you when you'd get another u/s? Or will they just do another beta for now and that's it?
March 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great news!! A good looking sac in a good spot is a very exciting thing!!! I only had a sac at my 5w4d u/s and my betas were similar to yours. I didn't have any more betas though, and I didn't go back to check for a h/b until I was over 8 weeks though. By then there was a little sea monkey with a tail in there

March 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a great appointment! I hope your beta's come back great!

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

March 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
My 2nd beta was only 4 thousand and something...I asked if I should be concerned about it since it didn't double and the dr's office said that when the # is so large that it doesn't always double. Has anybody else heard this? I know I shouldn't worry too much since my son didn't double every two days either...his was 2 1/2-3 days.

They scheduled another u/s for next Friday...how superstitious are you? That's April Fool's day...

March 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Yes at a certain point they go to a 3 day doubling instead of 2 day doubling. I can never remember precisely when that happens . Did you ask when they were going to do another u/s? Glad everything looked good on the first u/s. Did you have them done at the same time of day and the same lab? That can make a difference too. If you had them done late in the day the first time then early in the day the second time it could have only been 1 1/2 days draw KWIM.

March 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
Yes at a certain point they go to a 3 day doubling instead of 2 day doubling. I can never remember precisely when that happens . Did you ask when they were going to do another u/s? Glad everything looked good on the first u/s. Did you have them done at the same time of day and the same lab? That can make a difference too. If you had them done late in the day the first time then early in the day the second time it could have only been 1 1/2 days draw KWIM.
They are doing another u/s this coming Friday (April Fool's day--not sure what I think about that).

The HCG's were pretty close...I think the 2nd one might have been an hour later.

I'm trying to stay positive but I hate that every twinge or cramp (I think my cramps have been from being constipated -TMI sorry) freaks me out...is this the beginning of the end? Even though I was blissfully unaware I was miscarrying last time until I saw all the blood.

March 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry about your beta doubling time. It does slow down a lot once it gets into the 1,000s. I don't believe there's really a standard/expected doubling time at those levels, they just want it to keep going up, to the extent that they even look at it at all. The u/s is much more informative than the betas, once you're far enough along to see anything!

You will find out for sure what is happening at your u/s next Friday... lots of T&P for a great heartbeat then, and I hope you manage to stay busy this week so the time passes quickly for you!!!!

March 27th, 2011, 07:51 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Betas will slow down above 1000. I hope you see a beautiful little heart beating away on Friday!
March 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am not superstitious at all so Friday sounds like an awesome day for the ultrasound! I wouldn't worry about the betas. They do slow down like the other girls said.

March 27th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks girls for all your support and kind words. Hopefully they will be able to see more than the sac on Friday...as I think that's what my dr is sending me back for. My husband was so pissed when I told him that the dr's office said the radiology report said a "possible gestational sack"...he was all what the hell else would it be!?! I will update after the u/s....

March 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah I think after 2000 the u/s is more accurate than betas. I hope the week flies by and you get great results with a heartbeat and everything! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

March 28th, 2011, 05:55 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Good luck at your ultrasound on Friday, you will be able to see so much more at that one. Ill keep you in my thoughts until we hear back from you! KUP

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search