Sorry I was MIA today!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I swear my weekly appointments these days are a HUGE production! My appointment was at 10:30. So I got up at 8:30 so I could be ready in time to catch the train at 9:30.... I decided to take the train since the price of gas skyrocketed recently....

Anyway, I got there about 10 minutes early, but didn't even see the midwife untill an HOUR after my appointment time! It was very frustrating!

Everything looks good. My belly is measuring at 38 weeks, which is pretty good. Peter's HR was 160. She said that he is definitely a big boy (at his 35 week ultrasound he measured 7lbs 14 oz) Unfortunately my GBS test from last week is positive.... Booo! I am 3cm and 80% effaced and at +1 station (Last week I was 2 cm 80% effaced and 0 station) So I am progressing! She stripped my membranes, so hopefully it will get things started. But it made me bleed quite a bit and it is yucky....

I will try to do better tomorrow!

March 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds annoying. I am not looking forward to weekly appointments just because of the hassle, I have a 1 hour drive each way! That sucks that you got there on time and had to wait for an hour, too.

BUT I'm so glad that Peter is doing great!!!! GBS, eh, whatever, just take the antibiotics, no biggie. It really sounds like you are ripening up, I'm so excited for you. Your ticker is almost complete!!! And less than 2 weeks until April 4 now, but it sounds like you might actually go on your own before that - even better!

March 23rd, 2011, 10:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad to here that peter is doing good. Hopefully he will be here soon...make sure we get an update when you go in though I stalk the April DDC like a crazy these days...

What is GBS? Not sure I've ever heard of it
March 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica121706 View Post
So glad to here that peter is doing good. Hopefully he will be here soon...make sure we get an update when you go in though I stalk the April DDC like a crazy these days...

What is GBS? Not sure I've ever heard of it
GBS is Group B Strep. It's apparently a very common bacteria that is harmless for mom, but could be bad for baby on the way out. They test all moms around 36 weeks... They swab your hoo ha and butt hole and send it to the lab.

March 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Erica, it sounds familiar
March 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
hoo ha and butt hole
I love how you use the technical terms (Maybe it's time for bed, I'm a little too easily amused right now - "heehee she said butt hole")

March 24th, 2011, 06:17 AM
mom2moose
Weekly apptointments are going to be hard for me this time. I have no sitter around and it'll not be fun to drag my toddler there.

Glad you're progressing. Also, I enjoy you usage of words. LOL Glad everything looks good so far, and that Peter sounds good! Shouldn't be too much longer now!!!!!
March 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you are going to deliver earlier than April 4th!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Hijacking for a minute ~ Mom2moose, where do you live at in MI?

You are nicer than I am. I will wait 30 minutes for hte OB and then leave. I tell them if they bill me or try to stick me with the fee, they will have a court case on their hands. Then I send them a bill for my time and gas. Not that they pay it, but it makes a point. Now if there is an issue and they will be late, that is fine, they just need to let me know.

I will wait up to 45 for the Peri only because you never know. Although my Peri also knows if I sit there more than 20 minutes I WILL eat or drink. I am one of those rude ones who will eat or drink even if the sign says not to if I have been waiting that long. Then again, it's that or get ill.

I only had to walk out once and have an argument with the nurse who had an attitude. Since (this was with my last pregnancy) I have not waited more than 15 minutes.
March 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ercia sorry you had to wait so long. Wohoo for progression. Sorry about the GBS but really its not a big deal. Just be sure to get your antibiotics before you deliver and you are golden. I had it with my first two kids. Well the antibiotics anyway. I tested positive with my first.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
mom2moose
Mom to minions - I live in Harrison. Which is a little podunk town in the middle of the lower peninsula. I see you live in MI. Where at? There aren't very many women from the boards from MI and if they are, it's usually Detroit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search