What due date do I use?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 09:36 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I go according to the day I ovulated I am due November 24th
If I go by the doctors wheel they use I am due November 27th

Which Due Date should I use?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 24th, 2011, 09:43 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go by the O date. The "wheel" is based on your LMP, with a 28 day cycle, so this could be pretty off!

I think I'm gonna change mine to my O date EDD too, right now it's set by the first u/s dating (done at 6.5 weeks...ish lol).

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
My cycles are short at 24 days long so it pretty much makes sense. Do you think they will be able to give an accurate baby size tomorrow at only 5w?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

March 24th, 2011, 09:50 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
The dating u/s is the most accurate .
Missy I would agree the O date for now but you will probably get a nice early u/s for dating and again that is the most accurate.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
The ovulation date is always more accurate than the LMP date. The only reason they use LMP most of the time is because most people don't know when they ovulate.
March 24th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going by o date
March 24th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
My cycles are short at 24 days long so it pretty much makes sense. Do you think they will be able to give an accurate baby size tomorrow at only 5w?
I don't know if 5w would be accurate enough, I've heard that 7-10 is more accurate.... Is that 5w according to them or to you? 3 days can make a big difference that early.

March 24th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I will be 5w1d tomorrow according to my ovulation date.

March 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
mom2moose
I also went by the O date. She gave me a different date twice, based on my u/s's. She said it could change again when I do my anatomy scan next month.
March 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I think the perfect time is 6-8 weeks but Brittanie might be right with the 7-10. I had always been told that the early u/s were the most accurate because after that the babies always grow at different rates. I should consult google LOL.

March 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
I think the perfect time is 6-8 weeks but Brittanie might be right with the 7-10. I had always been told that the early u/s were the most accurate because after that the babies always grow at different rates. I should consult google LOL.
This is what I was told also by my doctor. At around 8 weeks, virtually every baby is the same size. Not long after that, the growing pace varies too much.

Also, my doctor's office won't change the due date unless the dates are many days off.
March 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The Gestational Age estimate has a 95% confidence interval of plus or minus 6 days, and it is most accurate between 7 and 10 weeks' amenorrhea.

Evaluation of Gestation: eMedicine Obstetrics and Gynecology

There was a bunch of technical jargon if you want to read it but the 7-10 week mark is the most accurate according to this site. Some sites said upto 20 weeks. Some said upto 12. I think it just depends on where you look.

March 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I would go by O date but my doctor changed my due date because it was a week off. If I go by lmp, I've been measuring behind, if I go by O, I've been measuring ahead, so I guess it really doesn't matter. Mine was determined at 7 weeks. At 5 weeks they may be able to see a sac but usually wait for a fetal pole to measure growth. I can't wait to hear how things go. I'm so excited for you.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I would also go by O date. I have a similar issue, doctor went with lmp of jan 21st putting me due Oct 29th but I Od feb 23rd so I say I'm due Nov 16th. I had an ultra sound done at 5w1d and there wasnt anything to see yet. I have another one at 7w1d.

March 24th, 2011, 01:14 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
O date! Your u/s should corraspond to your O date if you charted/opks. But at 5w1d, its not a dating u/s. Just to make sure sac is in the uterus. When the fetal pole is visable, this will be your dating u/s. And remember, without the fetal pole, the sac can measure behind by up to 5 days. With Mia, I went in at 5w3d and we saw the sac with yolk, but they measured the sac at 4w6d. The following week, 6w3d, they measured me at 6w5d (ahead that time). This was all based on my O date.

My OBGYN never changed my dd to the O date. He left it at LMP, which was 4 days behind where I was measuring. In the end it really dont matter, baby's gonna come when they want to anyway!

With this baby I was measuring exactly to my O date from day one. Then at 8w1d I measured ahead by 2 more days. U/S tech said that the 6wk scans were more accurate. So that is the date Im using.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 24th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Thank you everyone!

March 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure. i would probably go by your O date if you know for sure but I think if it's only a matter of a few days it doesn't really make a difference. The baby will come when he/she is ready, right?. When I had my daughter in 2009, I knew my o date exactly, because I was using OPK kits and I have painful ovulation. At the ultrasound, I was given a due date 11 days after the due date that I had calculated. I swore up and down this was wrong, right to the end, but they wouldn't change it. What do you know, that little stinker showed up on the exact due date the Dr had given me!

Last edited by crazybeaglelady; March 25th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
March 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybeaglelady View Post
What do you know, that little stinker showed up on the exact due date the Dr had given me!
That is too funny!

I decided to go with my doctors date for now and then at our next ultrasound (around the 6 week mark) I will re-date it that way. I guess it really does not matter either way.

March 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
The only way it matters is if you're late they want to induce and if you're not late by your dates then it might be earlier than you want to induce. I don't know if I explained that the right way.
March 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say for now go by your O date since you were keeping track of that, and it will more then likely change at your ultrasounds.. I have had mine changed 3 times.. Right now though baby is keeping track with my Aug 27th DD.. Good luck Missy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search