I could've slapped the nurse....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went in today for my first appt (a "pregnancy confirmation appt"). Left a urine sample and the nurse takes me back to the room. She says "Well we did two pregnancy tests on you and they both came back REALLY slight but I'll have the dr talk to you about that..." and then she goes on to take my BP and pulse while I'm thinking in my head "Yea, great so you tell me that and now my BP is gonna be through the roof!" But it wasn't. I was so upset though I just wanted to cry right away! It's been 1 week since I got my BFP so I know the line should DEFINITELY be there, not to mention I have taken 2 dollar store tests since last friday and they were both very very very noticeable. Anyways, the Dr comes in and says nothing about the tests, just tells me they'll take my blood for betas and have the results monday and that in a week and a half I can have a u/s. So I go to the blood lady and she says "Do you wanna see your tests?" Of course I said yes and WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT NURSE THINKING?!?! Those lines were darker then what I was getting at home! I don't even know WHY she would say anything to me!! I'm so glad the phlebotomist asked if I wanted to see them because otherwise I'd still be freaking out!

So that's my news for today, betas back on Monday (though she didn't say I needed to come back for another draw so I think they're just taking one to see how far along I really am) and u/s is on April 6th at 6.5 weeks. But I'm nervous for that because I thought before 6 weeks they can only see the sac and with my son and the last pregnancy, my DD's were moved back by 10+ days each....so I'm worried the 6th will be too soon and I won't see anything and then I'll be worried for another 2 weeks but I guess we'll just see what happens!
March 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
mom2moose
Sometimes I wonder what some nurses are thinking when they talk!! Of course that scared you! Sheesh!! Why did she say that if the lines were dark. I would have complained to the doctor, because that was foolish on her part.

Anyways, glad they were positive!! With my DD, we only saw the sac until 7.5 weeks, then the heartbeat. But we saw a heartbeat with this one at 6.5 weeks, so you might have a shot! Good luck!!
March 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I would have been really frustrated with that nurse as well! I think we should tell our doctors to go to amazon and buy IC tests, lol.

If you are nervous about the ultrasound on the 6th then I would push it back farther.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 25th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
If you are nervous about the ultrasound on the 6th then I would push it back farther.
I was thinking that too, but she said based on my betas they'll know when they should be able to see something on u/s so I'm hoping that with my numbers they'll tell me if they think it's too early.
March 25th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow how inconsiderate of her!! I can't believe the gall that some people have.

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

March 25th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would make me mad too...maybe she got you mixed up with someone else???

March 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sorry the nurse was a tard. Usually by 6 weeks they can see the hb but not always. Hopefully you will get to see the heartbeat and everything will be dated on time .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Jacobbbsmommy's Avatar Happy but Lost
nurses can be so dumb sometimes... i got my bfp at home so early i was literallky going back to the clinic every day for 4 days til they finally agreed i was pregnant! their stupid tests were so crappy they wouldnt pick up my positive
March 26th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I would have found her and slapped her after looking at the test...or at least asked what the heck she was talking about. Some people are so stupid!
March 27th, 2011, 06:40 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't understand why medical professionals don't understand how worried a pregnant patient is- saying stupid crap doesn't help! I think that I remember reading that a heartbeat is usually seen when hcg levels are 10,000, but I'm not sure- you might be able to find something by googling. I agree, don't have an ultrasound early enough that you think it might send you into a panic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search