I am a sick, crying hormonal mess... HELP!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 06:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning sickness really kicked in the past few days. I am sick basically 24hrs a day but not throwing up yet. I have been so bad I spent the whole weekend in bed.

But what is worse is I am a crying hormonal mess. I walked in the livingroom and Red asks me why I am out of bed and I started crying and ran into my room bawling. Like really? It is embarassing and rediculus. I am an emotional person but this is over the top!

Anyone else feel this way?

Trust me - I am not complaining. If this means we are having our baby then I am happy to deal with this!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, Missy, don't be too hard on yourself. I honestly don't know how I would function if I felt sick all the time... if you need to lay in bed all day, go for it.

I haven't been crying too much, but I have been snapping at my DH for the stupidest stuff. Today he did nothing more than look at what I made for dinner, and I yelled, "Well if you don't want to eat it, then just go away!" Hormones are crazy
March 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
lol Awww Missy I totally see myself doing exactly that! Thankfully at this very moment Im not feeling particularily emotionally so I can see the humor... you will too, soon hun. Just get through the next 6 weeks and things will start to settle down. I promise!

[/url
March 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unisom at night and 50-100mg B6 in the morning. This should take care of the morning sickness. I took Unisom with my last 2 pregnancies and it helped tremendously.

You just have to make sure you get Unisom with doxylamine succinate as the active ingredient. Many have diphenhydramine which is safe during pregnancy but it's just benadryl so it won't alleviate the nausea.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MS is not too bad for me yet, i have my moments but i'll take this over my last 2 pregnancys.

Crying, I am the bad I cry about everything, I even cried watching the season finale of Jersey Shore. I am a mess DF just laughs which usually makes me cry. I was never like this before
March 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM
mom2moose
I agree with the Unisom thing. You could also ask for a script for Zofran. And it's ok to complain. It does NOT mean you aren't thrilled to be pregnant!!

I was a hot mess too, especially early on in the pregnancy. It's hard enough with all those raging hormones, but then you add fear and sickness to the mix, and what do you expect?? It's like a time bomb. LOL

I'm past the crying stage and into the angry for no apparent reason stage of the pregnancy. LOL My husband may kill me before it's all done with. LOL Don't worry Missy. Your emotions will get on track soon enough. I hope you feel better!! (I was miserable until just last week, so I know how hard it is!!) Hang in there!!
March 27th, 2011, 08:01 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, I am definitely more weepy and emotional when I am pregnant. DH told me today I am 'crazy' (I'm nesting like crazy and was up his grille all weekend to paint the nursery). It's totally normal!

I haven't tried Unisom or B6 but in early pregnancy when I was really sick I just tried to eat small meals and snacks all day long... having food in my stomach definitely helped even though eating was the last thing I felt like doing.

((HUGS))

March 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs))
I switch from balling to super-angry in about eight seconds, three times a day--its very stressful being pg, esp after losses
I hope you find something for the ms that helps you get through your day

Lucky mother to five!

March 27th, 2011, 09:45 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I was sick all day in the beginning not throwing up but felt sick and still get that way if I do to much. It sucks. I just recently really started the crying thing . Its totally normal. I am so glad you are having so many symptoms . Sorry you are having such a rough go though.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there Missy! I know exactly how you feel and the m/s has finally disappeared about 1-2 weeks ago. But....the emotions are getting worse for me...but it's mostly crying, I haven't yet blown up at anybody...though sometimes I feel it building

Glad your getting to experience the first trimester to the fullest! I actually found this helped to keep me reminded that "yes...I AM pregnant!".

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
Hang in there Missy! I know exactly how you feel and the m/s has finally disappeared about 1-2 weeks ago. But....the emotions are getting worse for me...but it's mostly crying, I haven't yet blown up at anybody...though sometimes I feel it building

Glad your getting to experience the first trimester to the fullest! I actually found this helped to keep me reminded that "yes...I AM pregnant!".
Your positivity made me smile - Thanks

Thank you girls. If this gets any worse I am going to try the Unisom / B6 combo!

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

March 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the other ladies advice is good. Taking care of the morning sickness is easier than dealing with the emotions. You also need to remember Missy....what is my biggest complaint during the first weeks of pregnancy? Those stupid progesterone pills make me litterllaly crazy. I cry, I rant, I get angry over the dumbest things! I HATE those pills. My hope is that you notice a change emotionally with the suppositories, I have heard they dont have near the side effects that the oral ones have. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel....you dont have to be on the pills forever...you can go off of them soon!

Hang in there sweetie. I wish I could fix this for you, but I can't. What I can do is empathize with you....every step of the way. Love ya girl!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 28th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Don't wait for it to get worse, try it now! Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, but I'm an extreme case!

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy, but I'm SO happy for you!!

March 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Red went out and got me B6 and walmart brand unisom as it has the active ingredient in it. I hope it works! I forgot what it was like to be this sick...

March 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean Missy, my morning sickness was super bad today and I knwo I'm getting emotional. Last pregnancy I cried because DH told me I couldn't get a cheeseburger for a snack. After 5 minutes of pleading that it was only $1 and him still saying no, I cried...no scratch that, I BAWLED my eyes out! And I was thinking in my head "This is so ridiculous, pull it together Rachel" but I just COULDN'T! LOL
March 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to pregnancy!!! hugs!

March 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dreamer, are you on prometrium? If you're on the prometrium gel caps, they're prescribed for oral use but they work the same when inserted vaginally like a suppository. I used them vaginally for my 3rd pregnancy, it's supposed to cut down on the side effects of taking them orally.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sick and I go from giggling to crying to being angry and snappy in the drop of a hat. Right now, I'm sick. lol tonight's shift is gonna be a long 4 hours. hope i don't puke!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories girls, it helps a tiny bit knowing it isn't just me!

March 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And if you haven't heard this enough to want to beat the next person to say it to you ....

Feeling like crap is actually a GOOD sign that the pregnancy is progressing well. The sicker you feel, the better it is!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search