Weekly update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So I thought it might be kind of fun to do weekly updates on Monday's and see how everyone did last week, how far along we are etc. I will try to post it on Sunday's so people can post when they get on Monday .

How far along are you?
Any milestones passed?
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)?
How are you feeling?
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc)

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 28th, 2011, 04:15 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How far along are you? 14 weeks
Any milestones passed? into 2nd trimester!!
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? maybe later today (might get an "unofficial" scan at work to look for gender )
How are you feeling? good....more relaxed, more energy and less nausea!
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. I've been having horrible nightmares...last one, last night, was about the restaurant I was in being shot up by 1 SWAT guy...I almost got hit, I had to run...etc. I've been crazy emotional, crying at alot of happy things.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) April 4th, regular appointment.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 5 Weeks
Any milestones passed?We saw a sac last week so we know this is not an ectopic pregnancy! Horray!
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? see above
How are you feeling?
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. The crying is out of control! I need to drink 8 extra oz's of water a day just to keep up with the tears

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) April 4th - Dating Ultrasound and hopefully we will see the heartbeat!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 28th, 2011, 07:35 AM
mom2moose
How far along are you? 15 weeks.
Any milestones passed? Nope.
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? Nope.
How are you feeling? Physically, fine. M/s is almost gone, been eating a LOT. Mentally, getting more and more nervous. A month is a long time to wait in between appts. Wish I had a Doppler.
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. - Hormones are still crazy. I'm moody and pissy.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) Not until April 11th for regular appt.
March 28th, 2011, 07:37 AM
How far along are you? 14 weeks today Any milestones passed? My last loss date and Dr said we could breath easier at 14 weeks .
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? Nope nothing new. Probably going to get a hb check today.
How are you feeling? Good except being up all night
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. I am feeling good, still have my moments of worry but I think that is fairly normal. I am trying to just be happy and not worry so much.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) My next dr appointment is at 16 weeks, 12Apr11.

March 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Ashl3y
How far along are you? 31 weeks

Any milestones passed? Nope

Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? Had our third 3D ultrasound on Friday. Heartbeat was 140

How are you feeling? Feeling great.

Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. These hormones have got to get in check!! I cry over anything and everything.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) Tomorrow. It's just a regular OB appointment but I will hopefully get the results back from my GD test.
March 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? Just passed 31 weeks!
Any milestones passed? Not really, except that every new week is a milestone now... every week she is stronger and better able to survive outside the womb
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? I had an uneventful regular 2-week appt last Thursday. HB was good (~150), I hadn't grown a whole lot, just 1 cm fundal height and 1 lb in 2 weeks, but that's no big deal, I'm sure I'll make up for it at the next appt
How are you feeling? TIRED She is keeping me up at night a lot!!! But also getting pretty nest-y... so I continue to obsessively do stuff despite being pretty exhausted. I also get pretty bad heartburn and nausea when she pushes on my stomach from below
I am done with all my hospital classes now. I have come up with a pretty good birth plan (very short but covers everything I really want). The only part of it I am worried about it the eating/drinking. My hospital is very strict about no eating and drinking AT ALL, I hope I can talk them down to allowing clear fluids, at least! I know about the small but serious risk of aspiration during emergency c-section but it's totally worth the risk for me personally with my hypoglycemia issues.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) Another regular 2-wk appointment on Apr 7.

March 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
mom2moose
Shen - They won't even let you drink water? What about ice chips??

My hospital wouldn't let me eat, but they let me drink whatever I wanted, although they DID prefer I stick to ice chips. But pushing a baby out is a LOT of work!! I needed water!! LOL
March 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 5 weeks
Any milestones passed?nope
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)?nothing
How are you feeling? better then I have in other pregnancies. I am tired, and have a lil morning sickness but it isn't overwhelming yet, I am really nervous and anxious for our appointment
Hormones are crazy It's am like bipolar, and I cry over everything and everything it is kinda embarrassing
Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc)
Our 1st appointment is on April 15!! Assuming insurance permits it they will do an ultrasound. This is also when I will get a referral to see the highrisk dr for my nt scan
March 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Shen - They won't even let you drink water? What about ice chips??

My hospital wouldn't let me eat, but they let me drink whatever I wanted, although they DID prefer I stick to ice chips. But pushing a baby out is a LOT of work!! I needed water!! LOL
Yeah, they do allow limited ice chips, but no water!!! Can you believe it? They are crazy. A lot of places are even letting you eat as you wish these days, if you are low-risk, because there was a large study that showed better labor outcomes if moms could eat or drink as they wished (shorter labors, etc). But anesthesiologists did not care about that study, because it wasn't big enough to cover a large number of emergency c-sections, so there weren't large enough numbers to test the effects on emergency c-section outcomes.

But isn't that the point?!! Emergency c-sections for low-risk women are RARE, so why make 99 normal labors harder and longer than they have to be, just to minimize an ALREADY small risk of aspiration for 1 emergency c-s mom?? Why not inform moms of the risks and benefits and let them decide for themselves?? I'm sure some people don't have the eating issues/metabolism that I have, and can skip meals and still be okay. I CANNOT SKIP MEALS. That's just me.

Anyway I'll stop there, I'm ranting now

March 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I get an IV with fluids so I don't really get hungry except in the beginning. Well the beginning of my last one. I think with my first I was so excited and scared that eating was the least of my concerns I get ice chips though. I never thought to ask the policy at this hospital. Course after my first loss my dr didn't bring up L&D. I hope we can start talking about it soon. It gives me more hope .

March 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I CANNOT SKIP MEALS. That's just me.

Do you plan to wait until the last minute before you go to the hospital? They can't tell you not to eat at home. It's probably mostly just a cover their butts type of thing.
March 28th, 2011, 09:57 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 6 weeks

Any milestones passed? Not yet, unless FINALLY getting that beautiful BFP counts

Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? Betas were doubling great through 21 dpo, now we're just waiting for our first u/s.

How are you feeling? Actually really good... I am not having a lot of symptoms, and I am actually okay with that.

Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. I am really proud of myself for switching to a super healthy diet and sticking to it!

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) April 7th for our first u/s. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
March 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you?19 w 2 days
Any milestones passed? My nex milestone will be wednesday at my ultrasound.. My last loss was at 19 weeks 3 days......
Any thing new to report Nope, Doing good. The bleeding has stopped from the blood clot ...

How are you feeling? FAT... I gained 6 lbs this month
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. I always have concerns.... That will never go away. I am just hoping to see two beating heartbeats and that my clot has gotten smaller !!!

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc)[/quote] Wednesday for my 20 week ultrasound
March 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
mom2moose
I don't do well without food either. I have a tendency to pass out. When my DD was born, there were a LOT of complications, but as soon as we knew she was safe and she would be ok, I made my husband go to Burger King and get me a Whopper! LOL

Now, I'm wondering what the policy is at our hospital, in case it's changed in the last 3 years. Something to ask at my next appt.
March 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
Do you plan to wait until the last minute before you go to the hospital? They can't tell you not to eat at home. It's probably mostly just a cover their butts type of thing.
Yeah, I know, and if I can't talk them into letting me drink at least, then I probably WILL end up staying at home a LONG time!! However, I live 1 hour away from my hospital... so it's very hard to gauge what the appropriate time would be to actually leave. I bought some sterile gloves, and especially if my water doesn't break I plan to check myself and not leave the house until I'm 4-5 cm dilated.

Also: if my water breaks early in labor, and I'm GBS positive, I will have to get in there earlier to make sure I have time to get a bag or 2 of antibiotics by IV, before delivery. Otherwise they will keep the baby for all sorts of extra observation to make sure she doesn't get strep pneumonia, and I *really* don't want that...

Ugh, so many tradeoffs...

March 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How far along are you? One day shy of 13 weeks
Any milestones passed? All of my early ones...looking toward next week's "second tri" milestone!
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? We had our NT on Friday and all is well. Baby is VERY active And I have an anterior placenta, which I instinctively knew.
How are you feeling? Pretty good, still tired and a little barfy...but not too bad.
Anything else you would like to share, concerns, joys, hormones, etc. Nothing too big going on now.

Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) We are scheduling our gender sneek peek (we are paying for it) for April 20th!!
March 28th, 2011, 12:01 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Yeah, they do allow limited ice chips, but no water!!! Can you believe it? They are crazy. A lot of places are even letting you eat as you wish these days, if you are low-risk, because there was a large study that showed better labor outcomes if moms could eat or drink as they wished (shorter labors, etc). But anesthesiologists did not care about that study, because it wasn't big enough to cover a large number of emergency c-sections, so there weren't large enough numbers to test the effects on emergency c-section outcomes.

But isn't that the point?!! Emergency c-sections for low-risk women are RARE, so why make 99 normal labors harder and longer than they have to be, just to minimize an ALREADY small risk of aspiration for 1 emergency c-s mom?? Why not inform moms of the risks and benefits and let them decide for themselves?? I'm sure some people don't have the eating issues/metabolism that I have, and can skip meals and still be okay. I CANNOT SKIP MEALS. That's just me.

I had the exact same situation with my hospital - coupled with induction, where I had to stop eating like 8 hours in advance of being admitted (which was 10pm the night before, induction in AM) by the time Savannah arrived I hadnt eaten or drank anything (was on IV for hydration) for like 28 hours...I just remember demanding food within an hour of her being born, and hospital food or not, it tasted awesome after starving for over a day...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
How far along are you? 9w5d
Any milestones passed? Nope
Any thing new to report (hb, u/s, etc)? No...I'm just impatient and called in today to schedule an U/S at a 4d place, just to see the baby again and make sure we're still ok!
Next appointment and what for? (ie regular, u/s, bloodwork, etc) 1st actual appt is April 14th. I will be in 1 day into my 2nd trimester then. Feels LIKE FOREVER AWAY!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search