Pacifiers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 09:02 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Will you or would you use a pacifier?
Why or why not?
Any specific brand?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know this kind is popular right now:
SOOTHIE-PACIFIER.COM
They are sort of cute because you can stick your finger in and give them a little more to gnaw on

I will avoid pacifiers for the first few weeks while breastfeeding is being established. After that, I may start using them if I have a thumbsucker but I will see if I can go without!

March 30th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
My son was never really interested in them, which I guess was a good thing. He loved to gum our fingers though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them, in moderation. But that probably goes for just about everything.
March 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam is addicted to his. But would be a thumb sucker otherwise, so I will take the trade off. At least we can "let" him have it when we want and not when we don't. But he is pretty stubborn about his right now.

We will offer one with the new baby when he/she is ready (I think that is an individual thing).
I see nothing wrong with them. It helped Liam greatly with his GERD and ear issues. We are just now hitting the stage where we need to limit them to bed and naptime. But he just keeps getting sick...so we are on hold for a bit.
We like Mam brand. They were the only ones small enough for him as a newbie (he had his in the hospital and never had an ounce of trouble nursing, even as a preemie) and he seems to prefer their shape. We will stick with them.
March 30th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son never took one, but if the next baby does then that's ok with me! I'll likely not give baby one til after 4 weeks, I had a hard time BF'ding last time and want to make my chances as good as possible!
March 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will probably, when baby wants to take it. Danica wouldn't take one until she was about 10 weeks old, and she would only take the Playtex ortho pro. We realized this after trying 4 other brands, that she will still refuse. We're in the process of trying to wean her from it (she only uses it for sleep), but like Liam she is really stubborn about it...must be a toddler thing!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin was a constant sucker. She would be nursing constantly if I hadn't given her a pacifier early (I made it through the first day without one). Patrick took one at first and then ditched it for his thumb. I would have preferred he keep the paci but he refused it. He still sucks his thumb when he's tired/upset, but not as often anymore.

I will take this baby's cues to see what happens, and I'll probably use the Nuk rather than Soothie. The soothies are heavier.

March 30th, 2011, 01:18 PM
mom2moose
My DD would have nothing to do with paci's. But then again, she's a ginormous thumb sucker!! Right now she onlt sucks her thumb when he has her blankie and is tired, so it dowsn't bother me that much. If the next baby wants paci's, that'll be fine too. I have nothing against them.
March 30th, 2011, 01:34 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys were all different. My oldest loved his pacifier and when I took it away was a thumb sucker until age 7! My middle son never liked it and my youngest son spit it out after 6 months old. I guess my best answer is I went with the needs and personalities of each of my boys.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 30th, 2011, 04:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Jeremy liked them Linda did not. Linda is a big thumb sucker to this day and she is 6. We are working with her but the dentist said its not really a huge deal as long as I understand that she will probably need braces if she doesn't stop. Jeremy gave his paci up but I don't remember what age, they all just kind of disappeared. So with this baby if they want one they can have it. Brand TBD .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess - does Lynda have a comfort creature such as a blanket/toy as well? Corey never had one but I traded off his blankie for thumb sucking and it took a year but dwindled out. I tried the whole putting dish soap on his thumb and the first time he cried I was done with that!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search