Not showing at 13 weeks and 4 days??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran
I know some people are different. I just find it weird that i'm not showing.. like at all! I'm 13 weeks and days. I had an ultrasound that said the baby was bigger then it should be and also that it's very good for the age it's at. I'm not a small person but i'm not overweight either. I'm just confused lol i WANT my baby bummp! i ordered a doppler and got it today! yay baby has a heartbeat ranging from 155-161 depending on where i place the doppler so i know it's still there lol! Just wondering if anyone didn't show for a long time and whats that usually mean?
March 30th, 2011, 08:10 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Is this your first?
With my first it took longer to show. After your first then you start showing sooner because your body knows what to do. I didn't "show" with my first until 20 weeks or so. I just kind of popped one day. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Glad you got a doppler and found baby's heartbeat that is always reassuring.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Ashl3y
It is nice to have the bump, but I didn't start showing anywhere near that early either.
March 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I'm sorry but I laughed a little when I saw your post title It is pretty early to start showing for a lot of people, especially with your first. When I was about 15 weeks I started looking like I had a bit of a beer belly, and then it popped a bit around 19 weeks, so that friends and family noticed when I wore tight clothing. But I didn't start to get comments from strangers until almost my 3rd trimester!!! Don't worry hun

March 31st, 2011, 06:37 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agree with the other mamas, that is really early to show. I know how exciting it is and how much you want to show, esp. if this is your first, and it will happen! I didn't start showing until around 17 1/2 weeks with just a beer gut with my first and then around 20 weeks it started getting bigger. This time around I did show a lot faster, but it's my 3rd pregnancy and I never lost the weight from before.

March 31st, 2011, 01:44 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my 6th baby and Im not showing.....Im only 10wks, but with my last baby (last year) I was wearing maternity jeans by now...Im thin and lost all the baby weight before this pregnancy, just thinking ever pregnancy is different??? I did not show with my first (baby bump) until about 16wks....And I was extremely thin or else I think it would of taken longer...

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 31st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't start showing until 18 weeks!

March 31st, 2011, 03:59 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your body type matters too. I'm about 5'5" and kind of short waisted and it takes at least 15 weeks or so for me to show (and even then I just look chubby). My best friend is nearly 6' tall and she was well into her third tri before you would even guess she was pregnant.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my 1st I did not start showing until later on. With this one I am 6w and have a huge belly already!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
This is me at 20 weeks with my first

I didn't even really look chubby before that, I was so excited you could finally "tell"!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search