I forgot to take my progesterone

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 06:14 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to take my progesterone last night. I do not have a history of low progesterone levels but take it due to my age. Should I do 2 doses today?

I am thinking that the progesterone is adding that extra layer to my morning sickness. I woke up today and still feel sick but only half as much. I feel less crazy now!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 1st, 2011, 06:19 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I would just continue with normal doses and not double up, but I'm not sure what you're supposed to do. It's too bad that the progesterone is adding to your symptoms Darn meds!
April 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Lurking over here- Missy it should be building up in your system anyway, missing one does should not be an issue, just keep taking it as scheduled. Are you taking oral or suppositories?

April 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Call the doctor. Some medicines they advise just to skip it and some they don't.It's not something that should be guessed.
April 1st, 2011, 07:17 AM
mom2moose
I don't know much about prog, but I remember some of the other ladies in the DDC saying it made their m/s a lot worse. So I think that patr is normal. But I know nothing about taking the extra dose. I would call a doctor to be sure before you do that. Good luck!!
April 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I agree I would talk to the dr. I don't think it would be an issue to just skip it I don't think I would double up. I don't know anything about progesterone though.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 1st, 2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it will be fine, Missy! But yeah, always good to talk to the doctor... let us know what the doc says.

April 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
The doctor said just skip it and we will talk on Monday about how sick I am. I honestly used to get so mad at girls when they complained about morning sickness and would feel they are being so ungrateful for their pregnancy when that's all I wanted was to be pregnant. But now being in the shoes of having severe morning sickness I understand. I can function today and while I feel sick every second I don't feel like death. I seriously have been out of bed maybe 2 hours in the past week. I am embarrassed to even say that because I am usually pretty active.

Sam - I was taking the oral 200 mg but ran out of money for more. The progesterone fairy brought me 20+ of the gel inserts (Crinone) which is what my RE prefers anyway.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

April 1st, 2011, 08:41 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy don't worry...I forgot my progesterone a couple times and things are still going well I blame pregnancy brain....I hope you feel better soon! Just think of it how I have been, it means things are going well with baby

April 1st, 2011, 08:52 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I wouldn't worry about skipping 1 dose. It builds up in your system. I can't wait until you have your appointment on Monday. I will be stalking you. I hope the doctor can give you something to help you feel better.
April 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
mom2moose
M/s is a hard thing to deal with! I just felt miserable for 3.5 months. could barely get off the couch and neglected my daughter. Thankfully, there is a end in sight, usually. Hang in there mama and don't ever worry about complaining. Doesn't make you ungrateful, it makes you human!!
April 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
I missed a few times, too and I am still here. Finally weaned off them at about 13 weeks.

I was told to take them at night as the side effects will be less. Maybe that will help.
April 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
agree, never double up..........just take it when you remember and space out the next dose. skipping one here and there will be fine!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Another progesterone fairy waved her wand and I got more pills today! I have almost enough to get me to 11 weeks! Thank you progesterone fairies

April 1st, 2011, 05:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad the fairy came to the rescue. That is so sweet .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I missed a couple doses too.

Sorry it's making you so sick! It made my symptoms worse too....and since I get hyperemesis anyway....ugh.

April 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Brittanie - are you still feeling sick or did it ease up for you? How do you get anything done?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search