Feeling Crazy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok...tracking back to last lost....around the time the baby died, I had an AWFUL day, Stress, screaming, cry, chaos. Im a Realtor...lol and I'll tell you, everyone is normal until they go to sell a home and then they turn PSYCHOOOOOOOOOOO lol, It's a fact

Anyways, I always wondered if THAT was the day the heart stopped beating.

Now to today....Yesterday I had a similar situation with a completely psychotic seller....OMG what I went through yesterdy was insane...and now I want to go check for the HB at the Dr! I WAS THERE 2 days ago to get the HB check. I want to go so bad and they told me, come in anytime....lol bet they didn't think it might onlly be 2 days.

DO you think one crazy crazy panicky day could cause that to happen?

BTW...sane buyers/sellers....are mostly what I deal with, but 1 time per year there is the nightmare buyer/seller....glad its already out of the way for the year! lol
April 1st, 2011, 12:11 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I went in on either Monday or Tuesday and then again on Friday during my 12 week and 13 week and then was there this last Tuesday getting a check. My Dr was totally cool with it . Well the nurse was. And I was picky about which nurse I saw. They kept offering someone else and I was like no thanks . So not only was I there 2x a week but I would only see one nurse. She is my good luck charm haha. Anyway your not crazy I would do the same thing. I would call and get in, its Friday then you won't drive you crazy through the weekend. Course maybe that just makes us both crazy

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't think that a crazy stressful day can end your pregnancy... but I can see how easy it would be to connect the two things in your mind, when they happened at the same time... sometimes bad things come in 3s, right? But it's just a coincidence, I highly doubt there's any medical causation involved!!!

That being said, if you're worried, and you have a nice Dr who said to come back for a HB whenever you want... take them up on it!!! They are there to reassure you. So take advantage. If you went in every 2 days for 3 weeks, that's one thing, but just one time after a particularly stressful day, I think that's totally fine!

And as a first-time homeowner who just went through the process ONCE, can I say that I feel sorry for you... we saw some houses that were just in such bad shape, not even cleaned up much less staged, and the sellers were asking waaaaayyy too much... you must deal with a lot of delusional people!!!

April 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Ok, I don't feel so crazy....anyone with a doppler that can find the HB is who I want to see today! On the phone now, and I hope they can get me in! THEY CANNNNN in 30 minutes! WHOOP WHOOP...NOW, i just can't go again until the 14th.

I still have the question though....does anyone know if a really really stressful day, not just OMG I'm busy or late to work or whatever stress, but stress of fighting with someone, yelling and screaming could hurt a fetus this early on? 10 w 3 d is where I"m at
April 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad they can get you in. Why can't you go in again until the 14th?

Stress isn't supposed to affect the fetus. I am sure everything is fine.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 1st, 2011, 12:30 PM
lol The worst part about sellers is when they get mad at YOU for people not buying their house. First off, I work off commission..I want every home to sell on day 1...duh!! So when they act like it's my fault the 30 people who viewed their home didn't like it..that's tough! Buyers are always a great time....but sellers...it changes people..and I've sold before, and I know how I felt too.

It's not easy if it doesn't sell right away, and those that do sell right away...they do not appreciate the fact at how lucky they are....kind of like 1st time pregnancies that go perfect, they don't appreciate it, because it's so easy to get pregnant and have a baby. Wow, I can compare pregnancy to selling a house....I'm either really GOOD or really messed up
April 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
HOME! And all is well 170ishbpm. Nurse was super nice too.....I am relieved! They need a scanner of some sort like the grocery store, where I can just walk up, scan my belly and instead of price check it's a baby check
April 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a great heartbeat!!!! I agree, it would be great to have a walk-up Doppler scan, it might save the nurses some time

April 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsItOctYet View Post
Ok, I don't feel so crazy....anyone with a doppler that can find the HB is who I want to see today! On the phone now, and I hope they can get me in! THEY CANNNNN in 30 minutes! WHOOP WHOOP...NOW, i just can't go again until the 14th.

I still have the question though....does anyone know if a really really stressful day, not just OMG I'm busy or late to work or whatever stress, but stress of fighting with someone, yelling and screaming could hurt a fetus this early on? 10 w 3 d is where I"m at
I think at 10 weeks, even a super stressful day should be ok. I read on webmd that high cortisol levels in the first 3 weeks of pregnancy may elevate m/c risk, but they're not sure if the cortisol was higher before pregnancy or if they were higher because of factors during the pregnancy. But at 10 weeks, you should be just fine. Even yelling and screaming My grandma was pregnant with my oldest uncle during the depression...and then was pregnant with my mom and second oldest uncle during WWII. And they all were born and turned out ok...and I'd think her stress levels were probably through the roof!

April 2nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stress doesn't cause miscarriages hun! Don't worry... I am glad they got you in for a HB check. I hope everything goes well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search