Bassinet, pack n play or crib

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Which are you planning to use or currently use?

What have you done in the past (for those with other children)?

Why are you planning to use that sleeping arrangement?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a pack n play at a GS that was really nice that had a bassinett so I figure I'll try putting that by my bed for the first few weeks or however long we can stand the baby being in the same room.
April 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a full-size Arm's Reach Co-sleeper. It will be attached to my side of the bed so that I can just reach over and touch her or take her out for breastfeeding. Once she's old enough to sit up on her own, that setting is no longer safe, so I will put it on the pack-n-play (lowered) setting and think about transitioning her to her own room.

The pack-n-play setting is safe until 35 lbs or she can climb out... at that stage I hope to transition her to a floor bed (in a baby proofed room of course) and just skip the crib entirely... I'm cheap Of course we'll have to see what actually happens!

April 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used to co-sleep full time, but it got to the point where Logan needed his own space and no one was really sleeping well, so now he mostly sleeps in his crib. It works pretty well for us. However, if we have a second child, I really like the idea of just having a mattress on the floor, baby proofing the room, and setting up toys so that when baby wakes up (when they are old enough), they can just hang out and play all they want.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
mom2moose
With Moose, we used a bassinet until she was 4 months old, then moved her to a pack n play. We had a crib, but she hated it, and for some reason, it always made me nervous. So, she slept in her pack n play until she was 2, then transferred to a toddler bed. I'll probably do the same thing with this one, as we just got rid of the crib.
April 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
None of my babies have liked the bassinet so we are going the pack and play route. We have an old crib that is not safe but was safe for my first two. Drop side scare and all. So if we go to a crib I might have to buy a new one. I love pack and plays. They are great for naps and such.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had Erin and Patrick in a bassinet by my bed for the first few months, so Skittles will be too.

We have the Pack&Play for naps depending on where we're at.

and crib after the first few months.

April 2nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already have a crib, but for space reasons that might be the only thing I use.. I was offered a bassinet from a friend, and if I decide to take it I might use that until baby is older.. We shall see.
April 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Which are you planning to use or currently use? I already have a pack n play with a built in bassinet..It's all set up too

What have you done in the past (for those with other children)? My kids were mixed...Molly and Chloe used a crib from the get go (Molly co-slept a lot), Allison slept in a bassinett and co-slept..Jack slept in a bassinet and then I moved him into a crib in his own room when he slept through the night.

Why are you planning to use that sleeping arrangement? baby will be in a small bed in my room till we move...We don't have an extra bedroom right now

April 2nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my nb's go into their own cribs in the nursery with an Angelcare monitor. We have to finish the basement by July, so we can shuffle all the kids, so babe will have his own room. If that doesn't happen, he'll go in the crib in our room for a while
April 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Which are you planning to use or currently use? We currently use a crib with Liam and he will remain in his even after the baby gets here. I seriously doubt he will be in a toddler bed before he is three (he sucks at sleeping through). We are just getting a second crib and using our bassinett (co-sleeper) in the beginning.

What have you done in the past (for those with other children)? Liam slept in the co-sleeper until he was around 6 months. Then we had him in a pack-n-play for a very short while to try and figure out what would work best (he was still waking 4-5 times a night). But then we moved him into his crib at around 7-8 months.

Why are you planning to use that sleeping arrangement? I LOVED the co-sleeper. It saved my life in regards to getting any sleep in those early months. I could roll over, grab him out, nurse, and pop him back in. And I felt he was safe having his own space and still being so close. But once he outgrew it, we should have just moved him to his crib, which will be the plan this time. The pack-n-play was an unnecessary step that just created more "change."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search