For those further along . . . .

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
mom2moose
Or for those who already had a baby and remembers: At what week did you start feeling movement EVERY day. Maybe not enough to keep count or anything, but you for sure felt something every day? I can't remember when it was with Moose. But this time, I barely feel anything. I have an anterior placenta (I think that's what it's called. Placenta on top of baby?) so maybe that's why, but I thought I would be feeling more with this being my 3rd pregnancy.

I REALLY would like to go in for a heartbeat check, but I'm trying to stay calm. I have an appt. this Monday. That's only 7 days. But, I just don't fell him moving or anything, and it seems like I should. Thanks for any answers ladies!!
April 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't remember, but I found this. Hope it's helpful.
April 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, it sure as heck was not at 16 weeks! I have a partially anterior placenta. It's only within the past month that I've started feeling stuff all over rather than in one distinct area lower down.

I first felt movement around 18-19 weeks... I would go days in between feeling anything until I was almost 3rd trimester, like 25 weeks... I think it's only in the past 4 weeks or so that I feel A LOT of movement!

April 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have an anterior placenta as well and it wasn't until 20wks when I started feeling distinct kicks. Even now, they are down low and only I can feel them (nothing on the outside). I had a hard time finding her heartbeat on doppler too.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I have an anterior placenta as well. At this point I am unable to find a heart beat anymore (Most of the time anyway, Im sure its a result of the placenta getting so big and covering more surface area) and it was just this week that I have been feeling movement everyday. Try not to worry, 16 weeks is still very early to feel anything, let alone consistently. I have seen my tummy move once, from a kick, and felt it with my hand only once as well. Im sure everything is fine!

[/url
April 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't know for sure but I think I do too. I did with Erin as well. I am feeling movement every day at this point but it's only a small bump here and there, and all down low or on the sides.

April 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Personally I would get the heartbeat check . I have an appointment next Tuesday so a week from now and I still went in today for a check. No reason to stress yourself out about it hunny.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 5th, 2011, 06:14 AM
mom2moose
Thanks ladies! I feel a bit better. I just never knew anything about the anterior placenta, so I wasn't sure when I should be feeling movement. You've all made me feel better! Thanks!
April 5th, 2011, 10:13 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
With Darcy the first time I felt movement was 17 weeks 6 days and after that felt her every few days. About 2 weeks after that I would feel at least one small bump from her after that.

April 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
I did not really start to feel rumbles/flutters until 19ish weeks. I now feel those movements on a daily basis but no major kicks or punches yet. This is my first.
April 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an anterior placenta earlier (think it has since moved) with this pregnancy and I didn't feel any movement until around 17-18 weeks and no regular movement until probably around 23-24 weeks (every day movement).

I figured with this being my 3rd pregnancy (2nd viable pregnancy) I would feel him earlier than my DD but I didn't.

April 6th, 2011, 07:23 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
With Megan I wasn't feeling consistent movement until about 20wks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search