He has a name!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We finally decided on a name (okay..not "finally"...it was pretty quick lol).

But, DH kinda upset me when we were talking about it. He asks me if we're okay to decide a name...if it's "safe" now. I'm like what do you mean?! He says, well, I don't want to pick a name we really like, then have something happen and then we can't use that name again. I wasn't sure how to respond...so I just said..."yeah, I'm pretty sure it's safe now" (which I like to think it is, but still...).

So, we decided on Dawson Douglas. The Douglas is after his grandfather who just passed away last summer and he (and I) was very close to him. It's also DH's middle name. Danica's middle name is after my grandfather (Emilie, my grandfather was Emil).

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Very cool. We have a girl name picked out but the boy name is only partly done. We have a first name but not a middle name for a boy and the boy will go by his middle name as family tradition .
Picking names is so hard.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It wasn't too hard for us this time, as we had Dawson picked out as a boys name when I was preggo with Danica...and we still love it. Neither of us are fond of the name Douglas, but we both agreed it meant alot to us to name him after DHs grandfather.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think that's part of my husband's difficulty in choosing a name. I mean, we both loved Cora's name so much. But....well....if we were to wait it'd be after birth. And I'm not willing to do that, so, like you, I just choose to believe that it is "safe."

I love his name! I can't wait until we know ours' gender and get to choose a name!

April 5th, 2011, 08:47 AM
mom2moose
Great name!! Congrats on picking one. I've still got a long list of "possibles" but nothing I LOVE!! I really like the name Dawson, and I think it's always nice to use a family name!!
April 5th, 2011, 09:35 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like that name!! Good choice

All 3 of my boys middle names are family names. My oldest is after my brother, my middle after my mom, and my youngest after my dad.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are also believers in naming kids after family members. Using the middle name spot, of course I still want to pick the first name. Liam is named after both my DH's father and my maternal grandfather, who are both named Thomas (his name is Liam Thomas...for clarification!)

Very awesome that you have a name picked now. It is very handsome and will grow nicely with the baby (I can picture a 30-year-old lawyer named that...one of my "tests" when it comes to names). That comment would have bothered me too, but I do sorta get why he said it. I mean, guys don't think before they speak, but we have similar thoughts. At least I do.

We have our boy name 100% picked. Girl is still "eh" but I think we might have it. We have a couple more weeks before we find out what the baby is.
April 5th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Love it!
April 5th, 2011, 10:13 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cute name! We love honoring family by using family names too. DD's middle name is my mom's name and DS's middle name will be my brother and also DH's father's name. We don't have a first name yet! We didn't have DD's until she was being born so I think we'll probably not figure this one out until he's born too!

April 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I really like the name!! We don't have either picked out. This time I don't really want to have a name prepicked like we did with Darcy.

April 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great name. It has a nice ring and cadence to it.

April 5th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Beautiful name... great choice I love family names.

April 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like the name- good choice!

With our second, we had narrowed a list of names down to a short list, but didn't actually pick her name until a few minutes after she was born. I'm not sure what we will do this time.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
April 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That'd a great name! Peter's middle name is Douglas too, after his daddy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search