For those with dopplers....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So the last couple of days since I located the correct hb on my doppler we've been listening - each time it has taken me awhile to find it (almost 10 minutes!) but I always do then but tonight I've been looking for the same amount of time and no luck - can't find him/her. Now I'm so scared something happened. For those of you with dopplers are you able to find the hb in or around the same spot each time? I'm going to wait awhile and try again before bed but I can't help but be scared now.

The darn doppler hasn't caused me worry yet but I had to know it was bound to at some point.

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Calm down. How are you using the probe? Do you move it around on your belly, or leave it in 1 spot and direct the head of it? Remember, baby is small and has a ton of room to move at this phase. If you move the probe when you look, its like chasing a moving target that you can't see, KWIM?

Try just leaving the probe in 1 place and wait, or just direct the top of the probe while leaving it in one place.

Even if you can't it's probably nothing. My docs had a hard time finding it easily up until recently cuz my little guy is so active.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
June 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Quote:
So the last couple of days since I located the correct hb on my doppler we've been listening - each time it has taken me awhile to find it (almost 10 minutes!) but I always do then but tonight I've been looking for the same amount of time and no luck - can't find him/her. Now I'm so scared something happened. For those of you with dopplers are you able to find the hb in or around the same spot each time? I'm going to wait awhile and try again before bed but I can't help but be scared now.

The darn doppler hasn't caused me worry yet but I had to know it was bound to at some point.[/b]

aw sweety i understand why your worried, honestly id be freaked out but in all reality that baby is just fine! try to think positive, the baby could just be in a weird position or moving away from the doppler..i want to rent one when we start finding the hb at the dr.s up until i can feel movement and monitor it but dh thinks its a HUGE no no
June 16th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Thank you both!! I finally waited like 2 hours and tried again to calm myself down. I searched again -- I do move it around a lot though and I try to leave it in a spot for a few seconds. Maybe I'm moving it too much. I'll have to be more patient and try not to freak out right away. I'll do what you said and try to leave it in one spot and move the head of the probe around. Thanks!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
Also remember to move it very slowly - it's hard to direct it right in the spot where the heart is - imagine how small the baby is (4-5 in long) and then imagine the size of the heart in one that little. Wait a while and try to stay calm! Let us know what's hapening.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search