Wishlist

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2011, 06:34 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What is on your baby wishlist?
What is on your baby wish not ?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 6th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
If you guys ever get sick of me posting because you think it's weird, let me know. I just get bored at work and I like these little question things. Plus, everyone is so happy in here. It's refreshing.

1. Wish List - new baby monitor, glider rocker (we didn't get one with my first son and my mother (lives with us) has threatened to mutiny if we don't get one this time)

2. Wish Not List - so many impractical things (for me)...wipes warmer, bottle washer (dishwasher, hello?), cotton balls (I got these with my son and never used them) , can't think of anything else right now.

If you get the list of supplies that Babies R Us hands out, it's insane. I should try to find it. You'd need to take out a loan to buy everything they want you to have.
April 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
mom2moose
Agree with almost everything that Courtney had on her Wish Not List. I would also add: baby robes (cute but impractical), and the baby clothes detergent they have. I just used Tide. LOL

Courtney : I LOVED my glider. Me and my daughter would sit and rock in her room, in the dark, for HOURS (She had colic and refused to sleep.) It's a good thing to have on your wish list.
April 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah baby laundry detergent is another one. There are plenty of low chemical choices that are cheaper because they aren't marketed specifically for babies. Also, I read that it is the agitation of the machine that cleans your clothes, not the soap, so you can cut back to almost nothing and your clothes still come out clean and smell good.

Last edited by Shadeauxe; April 6th, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
April 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with most of everything on the "wish nots" so far! I have used Tide Free even before DD since I'm allergic to fragrance as it is, and that works just fine for her clothes...plus, then we can wash it all together...not one load just for baby clothes!

Glider is AWESOME!! We still use that with Danica.

On my wish list right now - a second base for the carseat and clothes (since there was only a bit of gender neutral stuff from Danica). That's all I can think of right now...of course, bring me into a store, and it would be a different story!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where can I find that suggested list? Sounds fun! and if you put the bottles in the dishwasher do you still have to boil them in water?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Where can I find that suggested list? Sounds fun! and if you put the bottles in the dishwasher do you still have to boil them in water?
Here's a link Missy, it's pretty crazy!

New Parent's Checklist - Toys "R" Us

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'd get advice before buying most of the stuff on the list. That list is for the zombie apocalypse, minus the weapons.

I used liners in our bottles, so we only had to wash the nipples and those we boiled or hand washed.
April 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I'd get advice before buying most of the stuff on the list. That list is for the zombie apocalypse, minus the weapons.

I used liners in our bottles, so we only had to wash the nipples and those we boiled or hand washed.
Ditto and Ditto!

And Courtney, I do actually have my own original thoughts, but either you beat me to them, or you phrase them better that I might as well just stick with you. LOL
April 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
If you guys ever get sick of me posting because you think it's weird, let me know.
I think it is weird!!!! But you are kinda weird yourself I am kidding, I love having you post in here.

Anyway...our wish list is kinda short:

1. Another crib
2. Second monitor
3. MyRide 65 for the baby

But I would love a glider rocker I just don't see that in the cards. We have a regular rocker for Liam and it works fine, I guess.

Our wish-not is long...

1. Diaper bag...hated it with Liam, waste of money.
2. Changing table
3. Any kind of sterilizer or warmer
4. Sleep gowns (the swaddling was plenty with a tee-shirt and diaper
5. Special soap (same reasons as above...heck, we put Liam's clothes on him new with no issues!)
6. Diaper stacker
7. Bedding set (we bought one for Liam...are making a crib skirt for this baby since it was the only part we used)

Okay...shutting up now

Last edited by ashj_1218; April 6th, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
April 6th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Ditto and Ditto!

And Courtney, I do actually have my own original thoughts, but either you beat me to them, or you phrase them better that I might as well just stick with you. LOL
Haha that's ok. I am on the other end quite a bit too.

When I got pregnant this last time, I of course immediately went to babies r us because my first pregnancy was a breeze, so I had no reason to think otherwise for the second one. That's when I got the list. Also, almost everything from babies r us is way cheaper on amazon. I wouldn't buy anything from that store, but that's just me.

So, while I was there browsing around, I saw some cool new bottles that I wanted to try this time around to limit the amount of disposable waste I generated with all of those liners. The nipples looked more like a breast. I think they were british. Anyway, now that I want to find the link for them, I can't. I'll keep looking.

Also, handy tip: even if you're not having a shower, make a baby registry somewhere (I suggest amazon over babies r us or target) and put in your due date. If anything on your list remains un-purchased close to your delivery date, they will send you a coupon for 10% off of anything bought off of your list. My plan was to put everything I wanted on there and just wait until the last month to buy it with a discount.

Another tip: If you do decide to buy from amazon. Consider signing up for Amazon Prime. $70-$80/year (don't remember exact amount) for free 2 day shipping. Believe it or not, they will 2 day ship a glider rocker for free. Insanity! Also, they have a great return policy for stuff from your registry. They also don't send you pesky e-mails about baby stuff after you've had a miscarriage, like Target does. <3 Amazon

Since I am so full of tips, I should re-name myself, "Q". Man I am hilarious. Don't forget to tip (another one!!) your waitress.
April 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
LOL! Alright, Q

And was the bottle brand Tommee Tippee? They just came out here and are British. But I have not looked into them or anything. Just thought that might be the brand.
April 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yes! Tommee Tippee.

I just found them. The reviews are bad though, so I guess I won't bother linking them or buying them, haha.

Ok, you talked me into it, here is the link. Lots of people say the nipples invert, which seems like a serious design flaw.
April 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
mom2moose
Also, if you sign up for Amazon Mom, you get free 2 day shipping on everything you order. Doesn't even have to be baby stuff, just has to be from Amazon (not one of their sellers). It's free to sign up. You also get coupons and discounts on diapers, wipes and other baby stuff.
April 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Also, if you sign up for Amazon Mom, you get free 2 day shipping on everything you order. Doesn't even have to be baby stuff, just has to be from Amazon (not one of their sellers). It's free to sign up. You also get coupons and discounts on diapers, wipes and other baby stuff.
Cool! I didn't know that existed. I wonder if the diapers discounts applies to cloth.
April 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
mom2moose
No idea, Q. You're going to have look that up. My guess is you can do it faster, and better than I can. LOL
April 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
No idea, Q. You're going to have look that up. My guess is you can do it faster, and better than I can. LOL
Yeah, I already looked it up. It is "selected" diapers and wipes. I see only the main brands. I enrolled anyway, seems like a good program.

Every time you guys call me Q, I wonder, "Why am I being called Q?" and then I laugh.
April 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Our wishlist/need list is long since we have nothing . I will only put what I really am excited for not all the little stuff .

Wishlist
Pack and Play
carseat in the appropriate color
Everything will be pink or blue
Butt paste for diaper rash best stuff ever

Not list
Wipe warmer
baby wash cloths

For some reason that is all I can think of.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 6th, 2011, 04:42 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
Here's a link Missy, it's pretty crazy!

New Parent's Checklist - Toys "R" Us
Thanks Charlene! I took a glance and that is more stuff than I have bought for my boys and they are grown!

wow - toys r us has some smart marketing going on.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
mom2moose
Missy - A lot of OB's have books they will give you that have checklists as well. Even has a checklist for what to take to the hospital for labor. Also, there's usually a list in baby books, such as What to Expect when You're Expecting. Those are better, because they aren't trying to make money off of you. LOL

Tags
baby , wishlist

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search