Talked to the dr....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I asked if I would be getting another u/s in a week or so to check that babe is still growing correctly since it was measuring 7 days behind, they told me that they use a 10 day margin of error so they are keeping my original due date and everything looked fine, there's no reason to worry about the growth...so off to change my tickers again! LOL
April 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Keeping your original due date is good. And yeah that early it can be off by up to a week I have been told. Are you going to get the NT scan around 12 weeks? Almost 7 weeks wohoo!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds good, Rachel I can't wait to see some pictures from your next u/s though
April 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks gals! Is the NT scan optional? We don't do those extra testing things so I don't know when my next ultrasound will be...I hope they'l give me one before the 18 week scan though! Still a possibility my DD will be moved back...with my son it was at the gender scan at 18 weeks that they moved his DD back so we'll see what happens! For now I'm just glad to get to be back on track, it sucks having the dates pushed back!!
April 7th, 2011, 05:30 PM
mom2moose
The NT scan IS optional. It's to check for Downs and other abnormalities. I did it because Downs runs in our family, and my age. But mostly, because I wanted the extra u/s to see the baby. LOL
April 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah the NT scan is optional for most ladies, unless you have risk factors, and then they will push it on you. I didn't have an NT scan, quad screen, or any of that. I was not impressed by the accuracy of those tests and especially the high false positive rates, and my OB did not push it on me at all.

Once we confirmed the heartbeat, I would have not had another u/s until the standard 18-22 wk anatomy scan... except that I had complications, bleeding etc with the SCH so I had a BUNCH of extra ones... but hopefully you won't need that of course!!! So maybe you won't have another u/s until the anatomy scan, if you opt out of the NT scan.

Glad you are changing your ticker back Who the heck knows when these babies will come, anyway?? It's sort of arbitrary anyway!

April 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, yea we won't be doing the NT scan...but I think I will push for another ultrasound...maybe at 12 weeks...I just want to be sure after our loss...I mean we saw and heard the heartbeat with our angel and then one day it just wasn't there...I'd feel a lot better if it was still there at 12 weeks though so I think I'll push for that! My dr is pretty good about doing it if it will help with sanity
April 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
No fair (stops feet). My u/s was 7 days off so they changed my date. They won't change it back now despite the fact I'm measuring 4 days ahead. Oh well... baby will come when it's ready either way. Kinda nice to jump ahead a week though.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 8th, 2011, 04:03 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Happy everything is going good.
April 8th, 2011, 04:09 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They put my date ahead too with my early scans, but I still go by my EDD by O (4 days difference).

I hope they do another scan for you before the 18 weeks too, it really does help ease some anxiety in my experiences.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search