Anterior Placenta ?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 09:39 AM
mom2moose
So I have an anterior placenta. I know nothing about this, other than it's in front of the baby. But, my question is, can it move? Or will it stay there the entire pregnancy? The reason I ask is because in the last days and a half, I have felt the baby a LOT!!! Little thumps and flutters (Hubby can't feel it from the outside though). Yesterday, while watching TV, I felt thumps for over an hour straight!! I'm almost positive it is NOT my imagination (or gas for that matter. LOL) Do you think my placenta could have moved, or is that not possible? (Also hoping I don't sound like a dum dum here. LOL) Thanks ladies!
April 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
This article implies that it can move. I would have guessed that it did not. Learned something new.
April 8th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The placenta stays where it is. I had one, you start feeling movement when baby gets big enough to kick "through" it....

April 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
It can move but really no reason to. Unlike placenta previa, where it is on the cervix, having an anterior placenta isn't a bad thing. As the baby grows, you'll feel it more no matter where the placenta is. Mine is anterior and the only thing that it did was make finding the heartbeat early on a little tricky. Mine isn't smack dab in the center of my belly, so the kids have even felt the baby kick a couple times.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Last edited by 8miraclez; April 8th, 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: I hate spell check when it's spelled right
April 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM
mom2moose
Hmmm . . The article Courtney found does imply it could move. Odd. Maybe the baby is just getting bigger, therefore stronger, and is able to kick "through" it?

Rebecca - How far along were you before your kids could feel the baby kick? I'm just curious. I know everyone is different, just wondering!
April 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I tried to find some other stuff, but all I could find was that it may "seem" to move because your uterus gets bigger. Everything talks about placenta previa only.
April 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah the placenta is attached, it doesn't move. The uterus gets bigger so the placenta is in a different spot in your belly but the same spot on your uterus. Like if you drew a dot on a balloon and then blew it up. The dot appears to move even though it stays in the same spot on the balloon.... Does that make sense? The change isn't that drastic, so it can make a difference if you have a slight placenta previa problem, but it won't make your placenta go from the front to the back.... It would make it be slightly higher up....

April 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had an anterior placenta with Erin, and after a while she was able to kick through it.

It also depends on WHERE your placenta is and WHERE your baby is kicking.

April 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
mom2moose
Ok, I think I understand better now. The kicks were coming really low. So, could be the placenta is a little above that, although still over baby, right? I think I got it now. Thanks ladies!!
April 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an anterior placenta with both my pregnancies. I felt baby move early, so it didn't seem to effect my feeling of the baby.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

April 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I know nothing but did learn from this thread .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an anterior placenta with Otis and later in my pregnancy they said it was more "anterior fundal" so it did move up higher I guess. I started feeling kicks around 17 weeks, but nothing really definitive until like 22 weeks I don't think. And it made it harder to find the HB too, because so often we could just hear the whoosh of the placenta.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
April 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Mine seemed to be right in the front at my first few ultrasounds. I had to have one at 12 weeks because they kept hearing the placenta but not the baby. By 17 weeks, at my anatomy scan, it was more to the front right. The kids have felt her kick but more on the left side and only recently. I feel her more down low which are actually her fists punching me although I can never tell. I thought this whole time she was kicking down there. When they get big enough, it won't matter where the placenta is. You'll be able to feel it.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search