After baby arrives

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What are you doing to prevent pregnancy after baby arrives?

Do you chart? Are you interested in learning how to chart to avoid? Do you practice Natural Family Planning or Fertility Awareness Method already? Please join us the ladies at the Natural Family Planning/FAM board!

http://www. justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I charted not to prevent pregnancy, but to encourage pregnancy!

To prevent after this pregnancy I won't chart, but I will track the physicals (CM and CP) to know basics, plus we use the pull out method. Not the most reliable method, but it worked for us for 8 years!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not supposed to go on hormonal birth control ever again, and I refuse to get an IUD, so our options are condoms and natural family planning. Since it took us so long to get pregnant, I'm thinking that we may just NTNP and not actively prevent, but we'll see how I feel in December
April 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I think DH is getting the big snippy snippy so we won't have to really prevent. It makes me sad but I think its the right thing for our family.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not even thought about it. When we were dating we used condoms but have not used any birth control in over 2 1/2 years!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we'll go with NTNP/preventing by following CM signs/pull-out method while I am breastfeeding, then when my cycle comes back regularly go to temping and charting. And probably plan to start trying pretty soon after that. If that sounds sketchy, it sorta is but honestly, we used a combo of day-counting and pull-out method for 2 years when we were first married, and never got pregnant unless we were REALLY REALLY TRYING. Plus I'll be a SAHM, breastfeeding on demand, and so hopefully that lactational amenorrhea will work out as a natural birth control...

April 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
mom2moose
I'm getting my tubes tied! Actually, discussed with doc today. If for some reason, I need a C-section, they're going to tie them right then. If not, I'll have to wait for 6 weeks after delivery. Which I won't be having any sex during that time anyways, so I should be good!!
April 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Abstinence, lol
Probably condoms. Worked for 3yrs and it's the only thing that didn't make me crazy or gain weight.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
immediately following- at least fro a few moths, probably timing or condoms. (but also plan to EBF). Then DH is getting snipped.

April 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I may not be allowed to go back on the pill, so maybe condoms for a while. If we've decided we are done, then DH will be made 'safe'...lol.

April 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
charting temps and breastfeeding on demand which will keep af away for a good year.

April 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am probably getting a copper IUD. I am pretty sure we are done after # 2, but don't want to do anything permanent in case we have a change of heart. We charted to get pregnant all 3 times (including my loss) but I don't know if I trust myself to chart NOT to, esp. how randy I get around O time, LOL. Plus I plan to EBF and that tends to mess with your basal temps and make charting unreliable.

April 11th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Super Mommy
I am done with charting and temping and checking and all that jazz. I was on BCP for far too long and got pregnant with a copper IUD (mc #1 of the last three), so we are taking more permanent measures this time. If this one is another c-section then I will make sure it is taken care of. If it is not it falls to DH to take care of birth control once and for all.
April 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will probably get an IUD until we decide for sure that dh will get the big snip. I also plan on exclusively breastfeeding, which kept AF away for 13 months after my second daughter was born.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
April 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
For those of you who are planning to EBF as a form of birth control it didn't work for me!!! My first DD I didn't have my period for nine months EBF but after Beau I was EBF and got pregnant when he was 4 months without having a period.

Any way we were planning to do natural family planning after my cycle returned. I don't know what we are going to do as we can't do the pill for medical reasons, I can't do the IUD for religious reasons and well condoms only work if you use thems. I have no clue if we are done or not yet so nothing perminate is on the itenrary.

April 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will go back to ntnp and pull out method. I turn into a crazy nut on bc and df said never again am I allowed to be on it haha. I will not be trying again until after the wedding we are hoping to have a date set for may or june 2011

Tags
fam , nfp

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search