I'm concerned about how tired I will be!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM
soontobemommyto3
I know this isn't a loss issue, it is really just more of a pregnancy/baby issue.

I am really concerned how I am going to cope on such little sleep with 3 kids! I can barely get through the day now with 2 kids. I can even imagine how hard it is going to be having to get up 2-3 times a night with a new baby and no chance for naps during the day! My other two don't nap. My mom will be here the first 3 weeks but after that it's just me and my husband. I am going to breastfeed so he won't be much help in the middle of the night. He also works a zillion hours like most people these days just to keep his job.

Maybe I should hire a part time nanny for the first few months so I can sleep or at least lie down and nurse/sleep with the baby in the afternoons... too bad they are so expensive though... but my sanity might be worth it. I am such a ##### when I don't get enough sleep - just ask my kids
June 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even imagine how it woul dbe if I had other kids. I am thinking of all the lack of sleep I will have with jus the one. Hiring a nanny would be great, I say do it if you can, just unitl you get in to the groove of things. I know you will do a great job, whatever happens. And hey, maybe Sadie will sleep through the night most of the time (here's hoping!)
June 17th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Quote:
I know this isn't a loss issue, it is really just more of a pregnancy/baby issue.

I am really concerned how I am going to cope on such little sleep with 3 kids! I can barely get through the day now with 2 kids. I can even imagine how hard it is going to be having to get up 2-3 times a night with a new baby and no chance for naps during the day! My other two don't nap. My mom will be here the first 3 weeks but after that it's just me and my husband. I am going to breastfeed so he won't be much help in the middle of the night. He also works a zillion hours like most people these days just to keep his job.

Maybe I should hire a part time nanny for the first few months so I can sleep or at least lie down and nurse/sleep with the baby in the afternoons... too bad they are so expensive though... but my sanity might be worth it. I am such a ##### when I don't get enough sleep - just ask my kids [/b]
aw sweety maybe this baby will be a great sleeper right from the start! or maybe when dh comes home after work, you can take a nap for alittle bit. also have you thought about pumping so dh can feed her sometimes? im sorry your feeling this way, i think the same thing about my son because he doesnt nap..luckily he starts preschool 3 days a week in september though. If you guys can afford the nanny, i say go for it, atleast until she sleeps through the night and you can too!
June 18th, 2006, 11:56 AM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say hire a nanny. I wish we could afford one but with the new house will be strapped and have to save all we can. I will have my stepson here too, so 3 kids and baby makes 4! If you can afford it, even for a few weeks go for it. My family is all back in Ohio.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
June 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
soontobemommyto3
I'm thinking of looking for a mother's helper. Not someone who is so trained in child care like a nanny. I just need someone to play with the older two while I nap for a few hours. I'm hoping they would be less expensive too.

Just one more thing for me to do before the baby comes I guess.

I am also so hoping this one will be a good sleeper. My first was because she was early, but once she hit her due date she was the queen of the 40 min. nap My second was colicky and didn't sleep much his first 2 months. I so need this one to be a normal sleeper.
June 20th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't beat yourself up to much. Remember you have been pregnant for a very long time and I am sure a lot of this is coming from that. Definately get someone to help if you can. I am sure you will do great.
June 20th, 2006, 10:42 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My neighbor girl is a great helper, she is almost 13. She plays well and entertains Maddie & Hunter (I ma always here) but I seem to be able to lay down and catnap or do housework and they are happy. In return I take her to eat with the kids, pool, etc.. really helps me out.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
June 21st, 2006, 04:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you can find help that won't break the bank. A nice teen girl who loves kids is always a great help. She can come by during the day for a few hours and earn some $$ for whatever teen girls are into these days. Definatelky cheaper than a professional service.

Ask around and look into it. Also in my state kids need voilunteer hours to grad high school, that is a great way for a nice girl to earn her hours and help you out too.

If I thought I would need it, I would def look into it.

Good luck!!

Oh how old are the other 2. If they don't nap, I say institutue a quiet period where they find- or you provide a quiet activity for them to do for at least an hour, hour and a half. No such thing as them not going for it, after all you are mom and if mom says that daily there has to be a period of rest time, then so it shall be!

DD is 7 but she will have quiet time, I am already phasing it in so it is not a shocker or anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search