Would you be worried?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I've been very nauseous and vomitting (here and there) for just over a week. I'd say it got bad last Saturday and stayed bad through this weekend and all day yesterday. Yesterday was ever so slightly better but I still couldn't really eat. Today, suddenly, I was hungry and could eat fine. I really wasn't nauseous until tonight (about an hour or so ago). No gagging, no vomitting and I was able to eat lunch and dinner.

I am pretty worried. Why the sudden change? Maybe just a good day? I'm seven weeks today and this has me totally freaked out. My first ultrasound is MOnday the 16th....UGH!

I did start b6 4 times a day on Thursday or Friday (can't remember which). Maybe that needs to build in your system and is finally working (it was the "magic" vitamin with my first two pregnancies, but I seem to remember it working right away).

Any thoughts or similar experience (good or bad outcome) I would appreciate if you share 'cause I'm just making myself insane with worry.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My m/s would come and go. I figured my body was giving me occasional breaks so that I could still nourish myself somewhat I will say that the "breaks" always freaked me out a bit though, and I was always a little relieved when the misery returned, since it was a sign that the baby was okay... so I totally understand the anxiety, but I think unless it completely goes away for days, it doesn't mean anything... and who knows what the B6 is doing, I never took that so I can't help you there!

May 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM
mom2moose
I agree with Shen. Mine came and went in the beginning. Towards 10 weeks to 14 or 15 weeks though, it was constant. Then, almost overnight, it was just gone. I wouldn't base much on that symptom alone. I'm sorry you're worried though. I know it's scary!
May 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you Shen and M2M...I really don't remember "good and bad" days with my first two because once I started the b6 with them I just felt better...
This does ease my mind enough to be able to sleep tonight and see how I feel tomorrow.

I do remember with my first pregnancy waking up at 12w3d and feeling energized and like a new person (the b6 stopped the vomitting but hadn't gotten rid of the general yuck feeling of the first trimester). I remember being worried for almost the rest of that week because the symptoms just suddenly vanished.

As much as I hate throwing up, it's an odd comfort after going through much to conceive this bean. I never had any pregnancy symptoms in the pregnancy I lost.

Thanks for your quick response, Ladies! I'll try to relax and not focus on it.

May 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im also 7 weeks, and mine's been gone for 2 weeks now. It's ok for it to stop for a few days or to just stop and never come back.

May 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Ashl3y
I think that is totally normal. I didn't even have any m/s at all until somewhere between 7 and 8 weeks, and then it would come and go. Good luck to you!!
May 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you Ashley and Sweetpea...you all have me feeling a little less stressed...

May 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry you are worried. Mine came and went and days I felt good always freaked me out. But usually by the next day I felt like crap again. The other thing that helps me is getting plenty of sleep and not overdoing it. So perhaps you slept good and took it easy today so your body had a break all around. I know it's hard.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I get severe morning sickness (hyperemesis) and even then it still sort of came and went (well, for me it was the difference between throwing up once or twice in a day and throwing up several times a day). It can be scary but all symptoms do that. With nausea it just seems to be a bit more noticeable.

It could also be that you are more able to keep hydrated so the dehydration isn't making the nausea worse.

May 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree - the coming and going is super normal. You might have also found the 'trick' with the B6. I find I usually have to take vitamins for a few days for them to kick in!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 11th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it's fine but I have the same worries. I even worry that I'm not vomiting (just dry heaving).

But honestly, with my two previous losses, I still had some mild m/s. So I honestly can't say that it even helps to have it.

Waiting for the ultrasound is torture but mine is today and, honestly, it went by pretty quickly. I hope your remaining time flies by!
May 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, Ladies. I do feel a little worse today (and I was unable to sleep because we had massive storms)...so maybe it was the good night's rest I had gotten night before last. You all have helped ease my mind.

NsMommy, sending you good luck and prayers for your scan today! I look forward to an update from you!

May 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
A good nights sleep always helps me feel better. I am glad you are feeling "better" about your symptoms. Isn't it funny how we love feeling crappy LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is funny...probably the only periods in our lives we're happy to be "sick!" hahaha

May 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My m/s was really bad for a while and then one day I woke up and it was gone. But I've had an ultrasound since then and all is fine. I think it was like 8 weeks when it stopped and I was so stressed. I still don't have regular m/s, it only comes on with smells now but I'm 12 weeks on Friday. Try not to worry, It is hard I know!
May 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Rachel. I have felt yuck on and off today, so I guess yesterday was just a "good" day afterall. I freak at every weird twinge, or the symptoms easing, etc. I hate that I'm this nervous still. I hope after my ultrasound on Monday that I'll be more reassured and start feeling more confident in it. Passing this week will be a big relief for me...our miss was in the very early part of week 7 back in Aug '09.

I know I have to find a way to relax and just think positive. Having you all here really helps me and I" thankful to this group for being welcoming and supportive!

May 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubshope View Post
It is funny...probably the only periods in our lives we're happy to be "sick!" hahaha
Yes it is. I am freaking out because I think I am in my 5th week and I have no had a single symptom yet. Typically by this point I feel like I have been hit by a truck.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search