New here and hoping for some insight

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I am Anna (26) and I am kinda freaking out. Hoping to be able to get some insight from someone who might have been in my shoes before.

I just had a m/c last cycle and I got pregnant again right away (which is crazy because the Dr. said I would have a hard time getting pregnant on my own at all). DH has a condition that makes him have low/abnormal sperm and I do not ovulate "quality" eggs.

My last pregnancy, the Dr. said that he did not think my egg was good and that was why I lost the baby. The pregnancy was going downhill from the very beginning and I lost it at 6w1d. They wanted me to wait a cycle and start Clomid, but I didn't. I wanted to try one more cycle normally, and here I am.

I am worried sick that I will loose this baby too. I had my first HCG draw and it seemed fine. HCG at 10 dpo was 27 and progesterone was 31.3 (I am on progesterone supplements). My previous pregnancy, my first HCG was only 13 and my progesterone was a 3.

I am going again tomorrow morning to have my numbers rechecked, but I am a nervous wreck!! I am hoping someone here can tell me their experience and hopefully have some positive words.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
May 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you caught your bean early!! Congrats and good luck!!!!!!!! I hope being on the progesterone and having that good super early beta are your tickets to your rainbow baby in 9 months!!!!

Of course, having caught it so early, you are now in the difficult position of going through even more of those uncertain early days... I was dealing with slightly different issues (I had a few months previously had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and I'd lost a tube from the surgery, and was at increased risk of another ectopic) but I was also incredibly stressed out during those early days of this pregnancy. I got a digital BFP around 13 DPO after 3 days of borderline ICs. In my case all I wanted to know was whether the pregnancy was intrauterine or ectopic, but it took a week and a half and two ultrasounds and multiple betas to get there. I remember "bargaining" with God/fate/whatever and all I was asking for was an intrauterine pregnancy... not even for the baby to make it... just for it not to be ectopic, so I'd still have some fertility and a decreased risk of another ectopic. I was shaking on the table during my ultrasound, I was so scared. Needless to say, you could not pay me enough money to relive those days.

I guess that's not advice or anything, but just to tell you I sympathize, and yeah, it is REALLY HARD. These days WILL pass... just get through it as best you can, in any way you can... stay busy and distracted if you can!! It is very stressful though no matter what. This board is here whenever you need to vent or get your "crazy" out. We understand!

May 11th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Completely and totally normal to be freaked out! Sounds like your numbers are off to a good start though! I try really hard to not be pessimistic/worried/freaked but sometimes it gets the best of me. During those times, I come here to vent and just try to take deep breaths and visualize that I want to make the best stress free environment for my baby as I can. Before every appt, I get so stressed though. I can feel my heartrate go up, I feel sick, I'm always waiting for them to tell me bad news whether it was the HCG draws, or the u/s. Now my 12 week appt is Friday and it will be the first time listening to baby on doppler, I'm worried there'll be nothing there But I'm trying to stay positive as much as I can...that's all we really can do!
May 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! My current pregnancy was conceived in the cycle immediately following my last miscarriage. We weren't planning on trying again for a few months, so I was pretty surprised to find out I was pregnant again and had the same worries as you. I've never been officially diagnosed with a problem, but I figured my first two losses had something to do with poorer quality of eggs because of my age (I'm 36, will be 37 this year), so I was worried the same thing would happen again. So far, so good, though. It is hard to stay positive after loss(es), but try not to obsess over everything. For me, I got more anxious reading about other people's later losses, so I forced myself to stay away from that topic (still do). Good luck!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
May 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
WELCOME ANNA

I am so excitied to see you here !

I wish I could tell you not to worry, but I am not to that point myself .

May 11th, 2011, 06:55 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome and congratulations! You are in the scary time of your pregnancy. We all understand. I don't have a story to tell as my losses were later than yours and for unknown reasons. I don't know why this pregnancy is working and it didn't the last two pregnancies. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. We are here for the crazies.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Anna, Im so happy to see you here! Its gonna be a rough road, riding on the beta train.........but eventually is does let you off and you'll get to see a little beating heart, soooooon! There's no ryme or reason for some of us to go on to having healthy baby's after diagnosis's such as yours and mine....just know that it does happen, and your gonna be one of those women who will post there success story later for someone like you and me to give them hope.

Welcome again, and from what I can see, all is looking real good right now, so try and enjoy some of the little moments along this long road girl!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 12th, 2011, 07:42 AM
avocado.eggrolls's Avatar Proud mama, expecting #2
Hi. I'm Callie, 25 and I'm freaking out too. I got pregnant right after a miscarriage as well. I am 8 weeks today and I too am freaking out. Pretty much around the clock. Like everyone else here, I just try and force myself to keep calm, block out the bad and visualize the good.

There's no cure for worrying as a pregnant woman. Especially a woman who is pregnant after a loss. It's the most baffling thing to me that doctors say not to stress but how can we not?
Even yoda would just tell you to try. And hang out here! I've been here a couple weeks now (feels like 6 months!) and it helps to be in the same boat.

Keep us posted about the betas!

May 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Anna and welcome to the group. It's so hard not to worry...try and push aside the negative thoughts, though that's much easier said than done. I lost a bean in Aug '09 at right about the exact point I am now so I'm a mess this week. I don't have advice, as I've never done the bloodwork (it's a long vent over my doctor for another day...he claims because I had two healhty pregnancies first). I will htink of you and pray for a H&H 9 months for you. We're always here to listen when worrying gets the best of you...or for anything!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Update!! My beta was 27 at 1:30 on Monday and today at 7:30 it went up to 125. Yay!! I hope things continue to progress well. Thank you all for your kind thoughts!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
May 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Awesome #s Hi I'm Ami - I had 2 m/c (don't know why) and then had a perfectly healthy pregnancy - and mow my rainbow baby is about to turn one (((hugs))) and we are her to help with the crazies! Try to just take it one milestone at a time. 'I believe in my body, my baby is ok' was my mantra - given to me by someone else on this board.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 13th, 2011, 09:23 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great updated Betas, Congratulations!! You will worry, we all do. Just try to keep busy. Welcome to the group.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 13th, 2011, 10:30 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board and congratulations!
May 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I'm glad to hear your numbers are going up!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

May 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Anna and welcome.. I remember you from the TTC board when you got pregnant with Bella... I havn't been in your shoes, but wanted to tell you to hold your head up.. I am currently 25 wks pregnant with my little miracle after 4 losses in a row.. No explanation as to why I was loosing them, but this little one decided to hang around so there is hope that it will happen.. Just take each day and enjoy being pregnant the best you can.. HUGS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search