my 28 week update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Well, I'm 28 weeks now. What a week. I won't go into all the problems I had, it would take too long. I spent our anniversary and Mother's day just sitting in a hospital bed. At one point, I had a doctor come in because we had complained to the charge nurse, and the doctor, who I had never met before and didn't know anything about me, tried to lecture me on what could happen. When I tried to explain to her that I had done this 6 times already, she cut me off telling me that I was treating her unprofessionally. When I told her that I was ready to leave, she threatened that my insurance wouldn't pay for anything if I left.

So come Monday, I began making phone calls, trying to get my care transferred back to the doctor who saw me with my other pregnancies. The one nurse, who remembered me, said it wouldn't be a problem but when I called back trying to set up an appointment, a different nurse told me I had to have my current doctor call them. Well my current doctor wouldn't because they were trying to keep me there. Finally, my dh called patient relations and put a complaint in. Not an hour later, my nurse comes in with discharge papers. No orders other than bedrest.

So Wednesday, I go in to my OB and tell her I just need a referral. Well, she tells me that in her orders from the hospital, it states that I am to have NST's twice a week and biophysical profiles once a week starting at 28 weeks which is funny because I had been trying to get them to do that and they wouldn't start them until 32 weeks. So she gives me the referral but I still can't get an appointment, so the nurse calls down and tells them that I am extremely high risk and urgent and I need an appointment asap. So now I have an appointment for next Tuesday.

So I guess I've learned something from all of this. Follow my gut feeling. I kept thinking it was so much closer at this hospital, 15min away, instead of having to drive an hour away. I'm sure my doctor has heard all about my fiasco but hopefully he'll be flattered that I'm willing to drive that far to see him instead of lecturing me on getting pregnant again. Only 6 more weeks to my goal.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow it sounds like you had a week. Glad you got things straightened out with your doctors.
May 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Geez, what a rough time. Hopefully everything gets straightened out!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Geez Rebecca sorry you had to go through all of that. I hope you are doing better now.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad you are getting somewhere with someone..it's about time! Sounds like your current doc is not what you need and you needed someone who knew you. I too am in that mid way between a doc who cant care for me properly and no doc at all. My old docs are clear out at Jordan Valley and my new doc is right around the corner at Alta Vew. They are kind of hinting that they want me to be seen at IMC, but the docs there don't think it's necessary....so what now? I am not much better off than you girl!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
May 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh what a mess. I'm glad you'll be getting the NSTs and BPPs you wanted in the first place now. 6 more weeks!!!!!!! I am rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!

May 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love how strong you are and that you fought for the care you feel you need. You are awesome!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))))

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rebecca, how awful!! Sometimes doctors suck. I really hope that everything is straightened out for you. Keep baking, baby!
May 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, it should not have to be this hard to have good care while your having a baby...its just not right at all. Im praying that all works out with your dr. and you go way beyond your goal!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5lopez View Post
WOW, it should not have to be this hard to have good care while your having a baby...its just not right at all. Im praying that all works out with your dr. and you go way beyond your goal!!
Totally agree!! I am praying you make it at least 6 more weeks. Sorry you've had such a rough time lately.
May 14th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Ashl3y
Wow. Sorry that you had to deal with all of that.
May 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through such an ordeal, but glad you're finally getting in to the doc that you know you like.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search