A Very Scary Evening...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night my son had a T-ball game. We left at around 5:45 and were at the ball field until just about 8pm. We hadn't had dinner so we went to a local burger joint to fill up and then head home to put the boys to bed. As soon as our food came I started have horrible stomach pains, lower...so I got really scared. I felt a lot of pressure though, so I figured it was just gas pain. I tried to breathe through them and eat some of my fruit salad...and I started to hear like I was listening through a tube...then I started with the black/tunnel vision. I thought, "Am I seriously going to pass out? Can you do that sitting down?" My husband, of course, is watching me and kept saying, "Are you okay, what's going on?" I couldn't find my breath to be able to answer him. So he flagged a waitress and asked her to box everything to go.

I got up and pointed to the ladies room, at this point sure I was going to vomit. Almost there, a lady jumped up from her boothe and said, 'Oh, i think she's going to pass out." So she grabbed my elbow and led me to the bathroom...where I proceeded to throw up..then she helped me into a chair that was in there. I told her I was fine now and thanked her (and told her not to worry about getting sick, I was just pregnant). As soon as she left the cramping started again and I broke out in such a bad sweat that I literally had sweat coming down my forhead and a "v" forming on the front of my shirt. So I went back into the stall. I never threw up again or anything and when the sweating stopping I was suddenly freezing and with chills. I went back to the table and my hubby rushed me home. I was able to use the bathroom (sorry, TMI), which I'd been having throuble for two days. And I went right to bed. Today I feel fine, minus my normal nausea.

I'm so glad I have an MD's appointment on Monday. I have never had that happened. I was drinking a lot of water at the ball field...but I wonder if maybe it was heat exhaustion or something? I really don't know. I'm glad I have no more cramps today...then I wonder if maybe I just finally had to go and my body didn't know what to do. Or maybe my blood sugar had gone too low because it'd been a while since I'd eaten.

I don't know but it really scared me. I've never really passed out before, and while I didn't I did come close.

I'm kind of even more afraid now of the MD's appointment on Monday because of the bad cramps I had...but I do think they were likely just gas.

Any of you have anything like this happen during your pregnancies? Or maybe due to heat or something?
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I was home though and not out and about. I was so scared and ended up going to the ER. They found nothing wrong and said to drink lots of water and it was just "growing pains". I don't totally buy it, I can't see my body sweating the way it did and the feeling of blacking out for no reason but the good news is the baby is fine and it hasn't happened since.

((hugs)) I am sorry it was so scary for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
It could be a symptom of growing. There is increased blood flow to the uterus and stretching. Your body is working super hard so you start sweating...
Anyway my guess would be a combo of the heat, needing to eat and just being pregnant. Your body is doing alot and if you hadn't gone in a bit your body finally said thats enough and flushed it. I hope that you don't have to go through it again. I am sorry that you had such a rough night. I would have freaked out and gone to the ER to be honest . Can't wait to hear your great update on Monday.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like it may have been near-syncope from your blood pressure bottoming out. If you were sweating a lot and replaced it with only water, the sodium level in your blood can drop and cause those symptoms. Make sure to bring some Gatorade or something similar with you outside.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
May 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
Make sure to bring some Gatorade or something similar with you outside.
Good Idea - Thank you!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea sounds like it was something to do with your blood pressure and you being outside and it being a while since you had eaten. I hope you are feeling better. It is scary... I had that happen when I was pregnant with my son and I was with my MIL.. So far this time it has only happened once in the middle of the night and I just went back to sleep.
May 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Ugh, that sounds scary. I wonder if it was your blood pressure too. I had the same thing happen but I was in the hospital and we KNEW my blood pressure was bottoming out but I didn't put the 2 together. I thought I needed to use the bathroom but when I tried to get there, I almost passed out. After laying down, I kept telling the nurse I was going to vomit and I had the worst stomach cramps. I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope whatever it was stays away. Good luck at your appt Monday.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Needing to have a bowel movement can do that too. your body just wants it out and starts working on it, but you aren't aware of it yet. The vomiting makes sense with that too.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
mom2moose
The cramping and sweating and chills could also be from the fact that you had to "go to the bathroom" and hadn't for a few days. I got like that, in the first trimester when I was constipated. Then the cramps would hurt so bad, I would feel lightheaded. Just an idea. I hope the doctor has an answer for you on Monday. Sounded like it was pretty scary!
May 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds horrible I'm glad you're feeling better now!
May 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, Ladies! The gatorade is a great idea too!

I haven't had anything like it happen yesterday or today, so hopefully it was a one time deal.

I'm a nervous wreck for my appointment tomorrow, but no more cramping and no spotting/bleeding...and so I have no reason to doubt they'll see a little heart beating away (other than I'm just going to be plain paranoid until he says, "And there's the heartbeating).

I'll update you all tomorrow on the appointment and if he has any insight as to what happened on Friday night. So glad that night is past me!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 15th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
((((hugs)))))
I had a couple of weird fainting things when I was pregnant. FOr whatever reason if I stood too still I'd get really faint - the whole tunnel vision thing. Best thing I can tell you is to lay down on your left side right away. You feel dumb (did it in the middle of a train station) but it's better than hitting the deck literally
I also got bad cramps from heat/ not enough water.
I also sometimes get panic attacks from having to do #2. Totally weird I know - but it's made me feel sweaty, sick, faint etc!!! I remember we talked about this in my DDC - a number of girls felt that way. SO anyway - I think there are a number of reasons that could happen - and you are probably just fine.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 16th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't wait to hear about your little baby's heartbeat!
May 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I never had that happen but it did happen to a friend. She was outside with her husband when she started feeling similar symptoms. I hope your appointment goes well today.

May 16th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say it was cause you hadn't ate anything, and then plus we hadn't gone to the bathroom for 2days. When your out and about you should always bring a snack or something to munch on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search