Emotional??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 10:45 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is being over emotional for no reason a true part of pregnancy? Last week I was crying because Red made fun of a cheer-leading competition I was watching and today I started crying really hard because I don't like the smell of my deodorant. Be honest - is this normal or am I losing it? I don't remember going through this with the boys.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
YES!
Last week, when I was mad at the doctors, I couldn't stop crying long enough to explain to anyone why. Made me look like a basket case. I also find myself crying at commercials which I NEVER did before. I wonder if it is worse with a girl than a boy. Ahhh.... The joys of pregnancy.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM
mom2moose
Totally normal!!! LOL Last week, Joe was joking around and said something like "you're crazy" to me, and I cried like he tried to shoot my dog. It's rediculous. Tee hee. Right now, it seems to have let up a bit for me, but I know it'll be back sooner or later. LOL
May 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Ashl3y
Ohhh yes. I have cried over a stupid cat food commercial.
May 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh yes, I'm actually fairly emotional anyway, but when pregnant it reaches ridiculous proportions!

May 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Oh yes. I can't believe how emotional I am. My Dad called to tell me some amazing news (they are moving closer to where DH and I will be when we move) and I started bawling like a maniac! I read anything that has even a hint of happy or sad and I bawl. I have a friend that is going through her first IVF with donor sperm today and just thinking about it I cry. Unfortunately, it is totally normal.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Girls - I love you all so much! Thanks for making me feel a little more normal. I thought I was going crazy and putting DH through so much.

xoxoxoxo!!

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

May 14th, 2011, 04:17 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I was having a disagreement with DH and I started bawling and he was like is it really that bad and I was like nooooo . I am so emotionally charged its not funny. You are totally normal Missy .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't started bawling in front of DH yet, but sometimes I will see something stupid on my computer that makes me cry (like a video of foxes jumping on a trampoline ) and I have to hide it from my DH because he will make fun of me til I cry again. You are not alone, Missy!
May 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
lol..I haven't had any mood swings, but my pregnant friend is a royal B right now. No matter what I say to her...all her answers are defensive!
May 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Thank goodness I am not b-- itchy... Just crying for no reason! But then again if you ask my husband which is worse I would say they are about even right now. Poor guy!

May 14th, 2011, 09:29 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Missy I was looking at my siggie and wanted to just now. It totally made me think of this thread. I have to say I do get a little cranky but more when things are all wacky and I feel stressed. I think the crying is harder to handle for men sometimes.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have just a few stories for this thread Usually I'm very collected and not a super emotional or reactive person, but with the pregnancy hormones I have had these occasional emotional fits. DH tends to think it's cute or funny

- I was in the early 2nd tri last December. They were playing the Will Ferrell movie Elf on TV. At the part where the mean dad decided to sing Christmas carols finally, and then Santa's sleigh had enough Christmas spirit to fly, I cried like a baby. In fact I am tearing up remembering it now. It's a WILL FERRELL MOVIE for #@$'s sake

- Have also cried at commercials. And I often cry at birth videos, but I cried at one that we watched during our childbirth class - which was embarrassing - with so many people around. I'm pretty sure I was the only one crying.

- Once I was telling DH about a funny picture I saw online and describing it, and I started laughing so hard I couldn't finish, and then somehow I was suddenly crying instead of laughing, and then I was crying because I didn't know why I was crying. DH is just staring at me this whole time not knowing WHAT to do

- The other day, DH was going to bring me lunch, but he got held up at work, and I called him because he was late and he said he was only just leaving work to go to get the lunches. I barely kept it together to say "ok, see you soon" and then hung up and CRIED AND CRIED.

Okay those are my stories that I remember right now. I'm sure I've been a royal B on occasion as well but I prefer not to remember those times

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search