Stretch Marks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Ashl3y
Just wondering if anyone has found something that works to prevent these? Obviously it's too late for me now and I really don't care, but I used lotion, Bio-Oil, Palmers, everything. You'd never know it though, my belly is completely covered. Just wondering if anyone has found any products that actually do work?
May 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly I think it is mostly in your genes. I gained 70lbs with each of my boys, never used any creams and don't have any stretch marks. Tons of my friends used every lotion/potion out there, gained little weight and were covered.

How totally freakin' excited are you right now? Only 2 more days!!!!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I used every kind of oil and cream when I was pregnant with my son 10 years ago, and NOTHING helped. I still got them around 29 weeks, and they just got worse from there. I only gained 35lbs with his pregnancy too. My doctor told me that no matter how much cream you use, it is all in your genes. I should have known better too, my mom was covered in them.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 14th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ashl3y
I must just have bad luck! My mom had next to none, I think she said she got two or three. Oh well, so so so worth it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Honestly I think it is mostly in your genes. I gained 70lbs with each of my boys, never used any creams and don't have any stretch marks. Tons of my friends used every lotion/potion out there, gained little weight and were covered.

How totally freakin' excited are you right now? Only 2 more days!!!!!
Oh my gosh I am so excited it's unreal. I have such a BUSY day planned tomorrow that it's going to fly by. Monday morning is going to be here so, so soon!!
May 14th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah Ashley, wow!!!! Tomorrow is your last day to get ready, I know I'd be going NUTS I'd probably be forcing DH to do a million things around the house and yard... as it is, at least I can pretend I have indefinite time to get everything done...

I have so far not gotten any stretch marks. My mom has some but not too bad. I use apricot kernel oil when my belly is itchy, I love it, it absorbs well and doesn't smell like anything really, just slightly sweet. I don't use much soap in the shower and the only soap I do use is baby-mild Dr. Bronner's. I bet I will be one of those people who think they are in the clear, and then erupt in crazy stretch marks the day before they go into labor LOL

May 14th, 2011, 09:02 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a ton too. Nothing worked to prevent them. I just hope they don't climb any higher this time, if they do they might just reach to my boobies!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 14th, 2011, 09:08 PM
mom2moose
I was told that if the female members of your family have them, such as mom and grandma, you'd get them too. Well, my mom and grandma got them, badly, and somehow I avoided them. With Moose, I gained 60 pounds, but everyday I used Palmers lotion, and I ended up with none. So, I'm doing the same thing this time. Not sure if I'm just super lucky, or it's the Palmers, but I hope I get lucky this time too. LOL
May 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
I have a ton too. Nothing worked to prevent them. I just hope they don't climb any higher this time, if they do they might just reach to my boobies!
That's me. lol I'm totally betting to have stretch marks all the way up by the time I'm done! lol

May 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Ashl3y
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Yeah Ashley, wow!!!! Tomorrow is your last day to get ready, I know I'd be going NUTS I'd probably be forcing DH to do a million things around the house and yard... as it is, at least I can pretend I have indefinite time to get everything done...

I have so far not gotten any stretch marks. My mom has some but not too bad. I use apricot kernel oil when my belly is itchy, I love it, it absorbs well and doesn't smell like anything really, just slightly sweet. I don't use much soap in the shower and the only soap I do use is baby-mild Dr. Bronner's. I bet I will be one of those people who think they are in the clear, and then erupt in crazy stretch marks the day before they go into labor LOL
I'm surprisingly calm. We've got just about everything ready. Tomorrow I just have to pack the bag and BF has to install the carseat. Other than that, we're good to go. Monday cannot come fast enough! I can't wait to finally hold my baby in my arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
I had a few before I got pregnant and I wondered what would happen and if they'd go higher, but they just increased in how many I had, and they went across. So now I have some going up and down, and some going left and right. Yeah, it's quite the sight.

Last edited by Ashl3y; May 14th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
May 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I got them but was never great about doing lotion. I have heard all sides. I really just think its your genes that causes them. I don't mind them but I don't wear a bikini either

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search