Pregnancy Confessions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
mom2moose
My husband likes fried bologna sandwiches! It's disgusting!!
May 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a naughty pregnant woman. I eat some of the no-no foods. I will eat sushi, deli meat, a few sips of an alcoholic beverage. I drink coffee everyday, less but still some.

I don't eat crazy amounts of those fodos though, even before getting pregnant. I try to stick to less processed foods anyway. I am thinking I might get a roast and make some of my own rost beef this weeked. It tastes better and doesn't have all the chemicals.

The thing I have eaten too much of this timee so far is hot dogs. I am not worried about infection, because I cook them fully (I like them blackened on the grill) but that many nitrates probably isn't good...rofl.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I drink soda, i also eat sandwich meat not heated up.

May 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you girls are so healthy

I really was a bad eater before pregnancy, but I got much healthier after my BFP. Well, after a few weeks of morning sickness, that all went out the window, and now I eat basically whatever I can eat without throwing it up... which turns out to be a lot of junk and soda. When I am feeling better, I will go back to a more healthy routine, but I just couldn't take it anymore
May 17th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Loves Kate!
I have a lunchmeat question-

For those of you who have been to Quiznos, do you think the amount of time the sandwich is run through the oven thing is enough?

Born 11/19/11
May 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think Quizno's is getting the lunch meat up to 165 degrees all the way through. THat said there are only 2500 cases of listeriosis in the U.S. each year. With a population of over 310 MILLION people the chance of being one of those is very, very slim. Driving or being a passenger in a car is more likely to harm you or your baby, but they don't tell us not to get in the car!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodagirl View Post
Laurie - You don't eat it hot LOL!!! Just cook it. Then eat it.
But wouldn't it get a funny texture or something? So many things make me gag these days that texture has taken on an all new importance!

May 18th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 1-2 sodas a day, which is about 50 mg of caffeine so way under the maximum allowed amount of 300mg/day.

I have subs probably 3 times a week, but I get them toasted which my Dr says kills the listeria bacteria so that's not a factor. However there is one place I go (honeybaked ham) that I just eat the sandwich cold...I always feel guilty but that sandwich I LOVE to have cold! I don't go there often though.

oh, and I eat hot dogs...mostly just in the 1st trimester...I had two every single week for a while! Now I'm kinda over it...
May 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I won't subject you all to my lunchmeat rant again, but to reiterate I think the warning is way overblown and I have eaten lunchmeat whenever I want this whole pregnancy. AND sushi. Getting high-quality lean protein and nutrition is a lot more important to me than slightly reducing an already tiny risk of Listeria. I have just avoided unpasteurized soft cheese (and it did pain me to forgo the queso fresco on my tacos when I was in California a few months ago...)

I also have had a Dr Pepper or green tea now and again, and have sipped wine and beer (just to have a taste, not enough to notice). But from my research, I don't see any problem with that amount of caffeine or alcohol, so I don't feel naughty.

Oh I've also had raw cookie dough that had raw eggs in it not a specifically bad thing for pregnancy per se, but salmonella is never fun... then again I've never had a problem from raw dough or batter and I *LOVE* it, so I just couldn't resist
I'm with Shen, I eat lunch meat whenever I want and sushi at least once a week, sometimes twice. I only get it from places I know to have a good reputation for being fresh and clean. I need the protein and nutrients.

I also had a 1/2 glass of red wine at a party a few weeks ago. Mmmmmm... I also take a sip or two of DH's beer when he has one (every few weeks when we go out maybe?)

I take hot baths pretty regularly. I run the water to my comfort level, not so much that I'm dying sweating, but comfortably warm, probably about 5 degrees over what is considered 'safe' (aka COLD)

I have a caffeinated drink every few days, most times it's a cup of tea with honey in the morning when I do.

It's funny the stuff you let go when it's not your first!!

Last edited by MamaRN; May 18th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
May 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swild19 View Post
I have a lunchmeat question-

For those of you who have been to Quiznos, do you think the amount of time the sandwich is run through the oven thing is enough?
My dr said places like quiznos or subway, that them toasting it will kill the listeria.
May 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm....I think junk food has been my biggest "faux-pas", chips and jubejubes are a weakness.

I stayed off of caffeine in the first trimester, but now I'll have a little bit here and there. At home I buy half-caff grounds to brew.

I gave in to the lunch meat craving twice....and paid for it with food poisoning each time.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

May 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those first few weeks, I did nothing wrong. Then I needed a Mountain Dew, I was having some withdraws! I've also eaten Subway, because it is something that fills me up and doesn't make me gag.

May 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Add me to the lunch meat eaters. Especially if it's bought from the store since it's been pasteurized.

I drink Dr. Pepper when I have a headache because it's the only thing that works. lol

I've been eating raw cookie dough lately, but I've never ever had a problem with the eggs in it, so I don't worry about it.

May 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I had a lunchable today

I am sure as time goes on I will eat more lunch meat. I am starting to realize its just kind of a silly rule. Maybe that's just me though. I had a ham and cheese sandwich the other day.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Tags
pregnancy confessions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search