June DD ladies

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2011, 08:23 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How are you ladies doing?
I know Shen still hasn't delivered and MamaRN is a little worried. Any updates ladies?
I can't believe June is here next week!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just hanging in there. No big changes in how I'm feeling this week - I'm just a *teeny* big bigger Next appt is Tuesday and I will have ANOTHER u/s! My OB is u/s-happy with me these days... which is fine, I guess... it's good to know the baby is doing well, although I'd also be fine with a little more of a relaxed, hands-off approach. Lord knows I feel her moving plenty, it's not like I need a ton of reassurance these days. I feel a bit like they are looking for a reason to induce me but I don't think they will find one.

Hoping I don't go into labor over the holiday weekend - my OB will not be around for one thing, and in general holiday weekends aren't the best time for medical attention. Plus if she waits until June, my mom will be in town!

May 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for asking Jess!

I have another appt. this afternoon for an NST and a platelet check. If my platelets are below 100K (they were 101K on Monday) than I will most likely be delivering sometime next week via c-section, which I'm not thrilled about but I will do whatever is necessary to get him here safe. I have a lot to talk to my midwives about in terms of what the risks are since my only abnormal lab value is the low platelets and my BP has been pretty good and no protein but they are worried about HELLP syndrome (which in a small percent of cases can show up as only low platelets but still carries a 10% fetal mortality and a 1% maternal mortality rate). I'm hoping to be able to meet with the OB/surgeon next week before booking anything to go over my questions and find out what we need to do to make sure baby boy is ready to come early.

I'll try to update this evening when I get a chance!

May 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Keep us posted on your platlett count. Thinking of you.

May 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be watching for your update MamaRN!!!! Here's some high platelet dust:

May 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I AM WAY OVERDUE FOR AN UPDATE! LOL We closed on our house the beginning of May and started moving things around the middle of May. We finally have everything out of the apartment, but most of it is still in boxes.
I won't actually have internet until June 3rd. Hopefully I will be able to find a place to get on the internet to update everyone. Michelle is my due date buddy so I am sure she will fill you in if I can't.

As of Wednesday, I am 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I am measuring almost 2 weeks ahead so my dr. is worried about a big baby and my bp. He will not let me pass my due date. I took a few days off work this week so that seemed to help with my bp a bit. My bottom number is still borderline. Today will be my last day of work. I am hoping to go on my own, but if I don't my dr. is inducing me this Wednesday at 6:00 am. I talked to him since my appointment and he is not just worried about my little one being big, but also my bp is a factor. DH and I talked about it and we decided to go with the induction.

I hope everyone is doing great and I can't wait to hear about the arrivals soon!

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
May 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY LISA!!!! OMG he's going to be here SO SOON that is awesome!!!! Did you decide on a (final) name? I hope you can get internets soon so we can hear more updates. I'm really excited for you

May 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Wow Wednesday is going to be here before you know it. That is so great. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. Michelle did let us know you were busy moving. Good luck with the induction! So great to hear from you. And so happy for you to be getting your rainbow baby.

May 29th, 2011, 03:11 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Well not much going on here. Had my 37 week appt and everything was great. BP was good, no protein in urine, HB was good and my belly is measuring right on target. I didn't gain any weight this week!! WooHoo! Which is great b/c it seems I gain it all every other week. lol The little man has to wait until at least later this week to make an appearance as my midwife is out of town. I have my list of things to finish before baby all setup and scheduled for the week so after this Friday I will be more ready for this little man to come. Hopefully I will feel ready with my hypnobabies studies as I really want to do this birth natural without anything at all!! I have been drinking my RRL tea and not holding back on walking and DTD. Thinking I will start some evening primrose vitamins this week just to get things going. I don't want the option of inducing to come out of the mouth of my midwife. The only complaint I have right now is the heartburn and the fact that sometimes this little guy is so far up my ribs I feel like I need to hang from the ceiling to get him out. Other than that I am loving every minute of pg and I feel like I will miss it once he is here even though I want to meet him.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

May 29th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you had a great appt Michelle! I think your baby will hang on until your midwife is back. My OB is out of town too for the holiday weekend, so I am also hoping my girl will hang on just a few more days! I am 40 weeks today though. It's getting later and later in the game for me. I am also hoping for a NCB but with my family history of post-term babies, my OB has already mentioned induction... it would only be sometime after the 41 weeks mark... but OMG that's in just one week!!!!

I've been doing the same things as Michelle - drinking rasberry leaf tea, DTD and walking whenever I feel up to it, and I've been taking a fish oil blend that contains borage oil (which is similar in properties to EPO - although it is a low dose, just enough to round out the Omega 3-6-9 blend). I have had a few more wave-like contractions yesterday, but today and last night, nothing much, just low-down pressure and achiness that doesn't come in waves at all.

May 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Shen it is so exciting that it is your EDD today! Baby girl could come at any time now.

Before my issue with the platelets came up my midwives also mentioned the borage oil along with the EPO. I've been drinking RRL tea just this week and taking 1 500mg tablet of EPO orally daily per the sheet they gave me, and will bump it up to 2 tablets starting tomorrow at 37 weeks. I'm 98% sure I'll be having a c-section probably this week, but on the off chance the there is a miracle and I actually get to term and beyond it would be nice to go into labor on my own. I've been noticing some stronger BH contractions the past few days but nothing regular, but it is still early for me.

Can't wait to hear some updates from you!

May 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to let you ladies know that Lisa is in the hospital and being induced. Her water broke this afternoon and as you know they were talking about inducing her on Wednesday anyways. She went to the hospital and started her on pitocin. She is now 5cm and is doing good. Please keep her in your thoughts for a fast and easy delivery of her little boy. You can follow the updates on her here. http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post24017570 I will update as she texts me.

May 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the updates ladies. This is so exciting!

May 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Lisa had Jacob Mathew and he was born at 5:27pm central time and was 8lbs 9oz and 19 1/2 in long. Momma and baby are doing great!

May 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That was a super quick labor!!!! I can't wait to hear the whole story. I am so stinking excited for Lisa. I felt like we were going through similar things in the very beginning, we both had constant spotting and were worried about repeats of our losses (hers molar, mine ectopic). Her uncertainty lasted a LOT longer though, she has been through a lot. I am just so happy for her right now I can't even stand it!!!!!!!!!!!

May 31st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I am back from my appt. It was quick. Baby was asleep, so the BPP took a little while - she was making a lot of small movements and practice breathing, but we had to nudge her a bit to get a good stretch as a big movement! Everything was great on that. My exam was very brief, but I have made a little progress!!! I am about 2 cm dilated now and 50% effaced!!! Baby has dropped down a little more also, she's about -2 station.

I am very happy because it looks like we're in good shape to deliver within the next week, so I should be able to avoid induction - or at the very least, I'll be extremely ripe for induction so it shouldn't take much to get me going.

How are you guys doing, Michelle and MamaRN? I imagine it will be a few days (at least) until we hear more from Lisa

May 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
mom2moose
Yay Shen!!! You're so close now! I am so excited for you. I wasn't online all week or weekend, and I was worried you had your baby girl and I wouldn't know. LOL
May 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
That is great news Shen! Sending some labor vibes your way so you can be next!!! Come on baby!!

I have an appt this Thursday so I will update after that. So far I am still feeling good and have been walking and in the jacuzzi, turned the heat down so I can be in it, to get little man to drop and get out of my ribs. I am going to look into some primrose vitamins today so I can get some things going. I don't want to hear the word induction so now that I am 38 weeks I feel good doing some natural things to get something moving.

May 31st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Shen that is great. Progress is always a good thing. Looks very promising that baby girl will arrive soon.
Michelle can't wait to hear your update.
It is so exciting to be able to follow you ladies.

May 31st, 2011, 08:02 PM
So excited for Lisa! Can't wait to see some pics of her baby boy.

Michelle I am glad you are feeling well and things seem to be going smoothly. I hope you go into labor on your own and don't have to be induced!

Shen that is great progress and even if you did have to be induced you'd be nice and 'ripe' so I bet you would do just fine with it!

I'm hanging in there, have my next appt. on Thursday afternoon for a biophysical profile, more blood work and another NST. Hopefully things will continue to look up, but at this point even if they feel I need to deliver sooner rather than later I am happy I got almost an extra week out of the pregnancy, and maybe with a little luck and platelet dust I'll go even further. It's funny now that I have all this going on even though I am uncomfortable I don't want him to come out yet! I'd rather be pregnant another few weeks and have him do better. I'm really, really hoping not to have to have general anesthesia for the delivery and right now that is a very real possibility since the hospital's cut off for spinal is 100K platelets which is exactly where my # was yesterday. I am supposed to have an anesthesia consult at some point to discuss this with them but am not sure when that will happen, I have to follow up on Thursday.

Tags
june due date

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search