Very stressed

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've almost made it to the same gestation I was when Ella died, which was around 20 weeks 3 days...I find myself the last few days crazy obsessive over movements and the heartbeat...I can only imagine it's going to get worse in the next week...I haven't told anyone IRL how stressed and worried I am, because I feel like they'll think I'm crazy...I'm so scared that something is going to happen to this baby, and I can't live through another loss like that...For those who've had later losses, did it get easy past a certain point, or will I be worried for the rest of the pregnancy? I have been worried all along, but it's different now, it's more of a terrified feeling now.

May 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
mom2moose
I'm sorry. I don't blame you at all for ebing scared. And I doubt people IRL would either. Having a loss is upsetting and sad anyways, but later ones just break your heart because you have started to plan, buy stuff and feel them move.

I have no advice as my loss was earlier. I just want you to know I'll be thinking of you and praying everything goes smoothly!! Good luck mama!
May 22nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
I am passed my loss by about 1 week and it feels totally different now! I hope you feel the same way I do when you get passed this time. Don't stress and relax as much as you can!!!!! Think positive
May 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Ashl3y
I've never experienced a late loss, I just wanted to offer you hugs. I hope you feel better once you pass the gestation you were when you lost her!
May 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're stressed, Megan. I know you've probably mentioned this before, but did they ever find out why Ella died?

Hopefully in another two weeks you'll be feeling a little better.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
May 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I didn't have a late loss, but I did have a baby born at 25wks. For me, making it past that point was reassuring but it didn't take away the worry. I still worry about having an early baby that will develop problems and not make it. I don't think that worry will go away until she is home with me, and then it'll be a different kind of worry. One thing I started doing to help me get over my fears, is that everytime I start to worry about losing the baby, I've bought her something. Sometimes it was just a pair of socks. One time it was a crib. The more I surround myself with things that are hers, the more I'm beginning to look forward to her arrival instead of worrying about it.

hang in there. We can all understand your worries. Hopefully, it will get better as time moves on.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
After I got past about 16 weeks with a heartbeat (first loss at 15 weeks) I started to relax. And the further away I got the easier it has gotten. The weeks of my losses though were the worst. The nightmares, the fears the constant worry. It was terrible. Weeks 12-18 were the hardest for me so far. Now that I can feel movement it really helps with the anxiety. I do still have it but it is better. I am so sorry you are coming up on this milestone. Take it one moment at a time and try not to get to far ahead of yourself. I agree with Rebecca too. As I have made more purchases it has made it more real and more exciting.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I understand what you are going through. I had a late loss at 22 weeks , but the baby died at 19 weeks. I think this was biggest and scariest milestone to hit and pass ... I swear I was calling the doctor every week to get in to hear the heartbeat .. I was so scared that It was going to happen again... I am now 27 weeks and I STILL worry everyday .... Thank goodness I am now feeling the babies move everyday and all the time which helps the nerves a lot ... So big hugs and hang in there ,, It will get better ,but to be honest I think after any loss you will always worry until the day you give birth to a healthy baby..
May 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((hugs)))

May 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, since my loss was term, there wasn't really any point I relaxed. I went a week and a half past that with Patrick, but every day got worse. I think mostly it was because I knew there wasn't any harm to him to be born already, so inside was the more dangerous place for him to be.

I hope you get to relax a little though!!

May 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get through this milestone with as little anxiety as possible and that the worry eases up for you once it has passed!
May 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((Hugs)) Love you Megan. I am so sorry you are feeling so much stress.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I just wanted to give some . I don't have any advice or anything to add. I will just be praying for you. It is completely understandable for you to be stressed.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My loss was earlier but just wanted to send you ((HUGS)).

May 22nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not looking forward to that point in pregnancy. I just hope that once I pass it I can calm down too.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 22nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the advice and hugs ladies I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow, and I hear his heartbeat every day, so that helps...It's just so hard because right now he's sometimes active and sometimes not, and I find myself freaking out in my head like "OMG what if his heart stopped" I know it can happen just like that, so even hearing the heartbeat, an hour later i'm worried again...I'm going to the doctor every week, so that helps...I just don't want to feel this way for the rest of my pregnancy.

May 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I had those same feelings. I would leave the dr office and remember that just a day or two later the heart stopped so just as I walked out the worry would start again. It is so hard to not let those thoughts in. I know mine was different than yours but I do understand that anxiety. We are here anytime you need us.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search