Update on Olivia (x-posted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Ashl3y
As usual, we went to the hospital tonight to see her. We usually go right around the same time so that we are able to be there to see her when she wakes up, feed her, and then we stay until she falls asleep. We like the way that works out because then she doesn't know she's alone. Chances are she doesn't anyway, but it makes us feel better about it. Anyway, we get there and I can't find the closet where the gowns and gloves are (because she was at another hospital, they require us to wear both of those things just in case she picked up a bug at the other hospital they don't want it transmitted into this one. They do bloodwork and until it comes back negative, you have to wear that stuff) so I asked the nurse where it was and she said "gone. her results came back so you don't need that anymore." I thought that was the greatest news ever - until she told us that because it came back negative, we could actually take her out of the incubator and go across the hall to the "family room" to feed her there and just have some quiet family time with the three of us. We stayed in there for about an hour and a half, it was amazing! Olivia is done her antibiotics tomorrow and then the doctor will see her. The nurses tonight explained that they like to have a "transition night" before babies leave the hospital when they've been in the NICU so basically Olivia would get her own room outside of the NICU and I would stay the night, so we'd be in the same room together so I could get used to the whole baby thing but still be in the hospital. I love it. So the nurses said that by the way things are looking now (this could change, of course) tomorrow night will be our transition night, and Tuesday she will come HOME! I could not be happier.
May 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
YAY! I am so happy to hear that she is going to be coming home. I hope you have a wonderful night tomorrow in the transition room! Congratulations mommy!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, that is wonderful news! So happy for you. My DD spent 5 days in the NICU (after 5 days on the regular unit with me so a total of 10 days in the hospital) and I was soo excited when she was able to come home (I boarded at the hospital but could not room in with her in the NICU, I could only visit).

I'll be praying tomorrow night is your transition night and you both are home on Tuesday!

May 22nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome!!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ashl3y
Thank you so much ladies, we really appreciate the prayers. It's about time she comes home with us!

MamaRN, isn't it crazy how even just a few days in the NICU can seem like years? I am thinking of you and your LO and hoping you don't have to have that experience again.
May 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
mom2moose
I'm glad she'll be coming home soon. My Moose spent 5 days in the hospital after she was born (I only got to stay 3) and the worst feeling in the world was leaving her. It was so hard just to "visit" when it seems like every other mom gets to bring her baby home, ya know? So glad that she is doing so well now, and that VERY soon you guys will all be home together!!
May 23rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay, it sounds like everything is right on track, and I'm so glad to hear you're getting more and more time with her and will soon have her home!!!!!

May 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
That's such great news. I was supposed to room in with my last baby but they didn't have a room so we begged them to just let us take her home. 100 days was long enough. It'll be so nice for you to finally have her home.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so glad that she is doing so much better and you got to have family time. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear how she is coming home tomorrow. My first spent one night in the NICU and it was torture. I can't imagine having to do more than that.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
brilliant news i hope she come home

May 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Ashl3y
Thanks ladies.

One more quick update as I run out the door. It's all a definite now. I'm rooming in with her tonight (on my way there now), and I will NOT be leaving the hospital without a baby again She is definitely coming home tomorrow. She's off of everything - no feeding tube, no IV, nothing. I am so, so, so happy. Will update tomorrow when we're home!

Sorry I've been slacking on keeping up with everyone but this whole back and forth between the hospital and pumping every 3 hours thing is really exhausting. I'll be back soon!
May 23rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Don't be sorry for being a busy momma!! I am so glad she is coming home tomorrow. Have a wonderful night with your daughter!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay!! I am so happy she will be coming home soon! How exciting
May 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great news!!! So happy for you!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am so so excited for you !!

May 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
Loves Kate!
Great news!

Born 11/19/11
May 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Super Mommy
Hooray! Hooray! So so very happy for you.
May 24th, 2011, 05:09 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What great news!! She's coming home today!! I hope your transition night went well.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

May 25th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful news! So happy she is getting to go home with you! God Bless you all!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search