Lets talk baby clothes!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How many outfits do you think you will need per day?
When will you change their clothing?
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart?
Any other clothing thoughts?

FYI I will post more clothing threads throughout the week so be watching! I love baby clothes!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? If this baby is anything like baby numero uno...a LOT! We changed Liam at least three times a day, not including PJ's. He liked to barf and poo while we changed him.
When will you change their clothing? I always changed him in the morning, whenever he got puky or nasty, and then again before bed.
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? I think I change babies more than the average person. So I assume I need more since I am at home. But I won't really know that answer.
Any other clothing thoughts? I should NOT be buying this baby a single thing. We had sooo many clothes for Liam that Kieran does not need any at all. But I can't resist!
May 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? At least 2 plus a couple pj's. If we go out, it inevitably will be more like 5.
When will you change their clothing? Morning, night, anytime they get messy. I love separates just for that reason. I can change just half if needed.
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? I'll be sah but I would think I use about the same.
Any other clothing thoughts? Just that I need more.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Mom used to laugh at me because I changed my first ds constantly. She thought I was crazy in love with clothes. But he spit up a lot and I didn't want him wearing smelly clothes so I changed him a lot. But baby clothes are pretty darn cute. I'm sure if I have a girl this time around I will go overboard because all I've had are boys. I think I'd probably have the same amount of clothing either way. I think this time I need to try to restrain myself from buying cute things and buy more practical. Onesies and sleepers are perfect and babies are more comfortable in them.

May 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
mom2moose
I usually only went through 2 outfits a day with Moose, but she wasn't a puker (thank God!) I changed her in the morning when she woke up, then put pj's on her before bedtime. Occasionally, we would need an extra outfit in there, depending on the pooping situation. LOL

Any other clothing thoughts? I'm not enjoying buying baby boy clothes as much as I enjoyed Moose's little girl clothes. But I think I'm pretty much set, for at least the first 6 months. Loving yard sale season!!!
May 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? At least 2 but usually more if we have an explosion or something like that.
When will you change their clothing? Anytime she gets too messy.
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? I have a friend that thought I was crazy for all the clothes I had. But another friend figured I had more because of daycare. I usually have 2 outfits there just in case. Plus what she wears in the morning and then at night. So I guess possible 4 changes a day.
Any other clothing thoughts? I go back and forth as to whether I have enough or not.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? With DD it seems everytime I changed her she would pee after i got the diaper off so I am prepared at ALOT

When will you change their clothing? After bath at night, throughout the day as needed

If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? We won't be doing daycare for a long time

Any other clothing thoughts? Just irratated that DF won't let me buy clothes hog wild until after my shower he keeps saying I need to fight the urge. With DD I only got clothes so many that I didn't need to really buy anything until after a year lol
May 24th, 2011, 04:52 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? 1 or 2, at least with DD that's how it was. She wasn't a puker but had the occasional blow out.
When will you change their clothing? In the morning or as the need arises (blowout...etc).
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? We will do daycare, but only around 1 year (I get a year mat leave in Canada) and then I don't think I need more clothes than a SAH, just keep an extra there "in case".
Any other clothing thoughts? I would like to buy more for Dawson, but I keep getting some great clothes from DHs cousin who just had a little boy (their last) in March.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

May 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
How many outfits do you think you will need per day? My other two were spitters so I'm assuming at least 3. lol Erin spent a lot of time just in her diaper she was so spitty, but she was also a summer baby.
When will you change their clothing? I'll change them when their shirts are soaked through.
If you are doing daycare do you think you will need more or the same as your SAH counterpart? n/a
Any other clothing thoughts? With Erin I was changing my own shirts at least 2 or 3 times a day too.

May 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely depends on the baby. Cori wore 1-2 outfits a day and got changed in the morning or after baths. Juliana was a MAJOR spitter, I went through as many as 7 or 8 outfits some days. Toby spits more than Cori but less than Ana....he wears about 3 outfits a day.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Tags
baby clothes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search