I don't have a title

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I don't post a lot, this all still seems unreal. But I am wondering if you ladies have any advice. I'm pretty sure my anxiety is acting up, I can't seem to catch my breath and I am always yawning, trying to catch my breath. I lay in bed for hours tossing and turning trying to fall asleep. And I've started smoking again because it has helped a little.

Does anyone else struggle with anxiety? What do you do to manage it?

DH and I are taking a trip to ER(a free standing one since I am not dieing) to see if it is indeed anxiety or maybe allergies?! I really don't know, but am freaked. Any advice?

May 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have had panic attacks in the past. With this pregnancy my anxiety levels peaked about 12-15 weeks . Oh and at 10 as I went past my loss dates. I would have nightmares, and crying and just all around unease. I am not sure if this is the same for you. Each time it got to the nightmare stage I called the dr and got seen. At the 10 week one my dr ordered an u/s and the other weeks they did heartbeat checks 2x a week. I am a big advocate for them . I say do what you need to in order to feel better. And don't worry about being a big poster, we are here for those times you do need us . Let us know how the visit to the ER goes.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
mom2moose
I have had severe anxiety/panic attacks in the past. Right after my daughter was born, I was diagnosed with post partum depression, panic attacks, anxiety disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder (from when my first husband died. And reading that back, it makes me sound like a barrel of laughs, yes?? LOL)

I ended up in the ER one night, because I thought I was having a heart attack. It was a panic attack. So I started on Prozac, 20 mg's, Xanax, when needed, and I also saw a therapist. I took the Xanax at night to help me sleep, because it was the only thing that shut my mind off enough to fall asleep. (I couldn't take any sleeping pills because I had to get up with a newborn.) The thereapist helped me immensly, it was great to have someone to tell my feelings or thoguhts too, no matter how crazy they may have seemed.

Sometimes, you just have to ask for help, be it from us, a professional or family. I think my mom, sister, husband and grandma are what helped me more than the drugs or the professional though. After the initial embarassment, I just decided to be up front about things and not be ashamed. No one should be ashamed of something that can't control. Good luck. If you have any questions, you can PM me. I hope you find some help or comfort somewhere. I know how scary it can be!!
May 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. It's nice to know that I am NOT alone!!!!!!!!!!

May 24th, 2011, 06:19 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are totally not alone! I find myself having lots of anxiety. I take unisom to sleep at night and have my doppler so I can listen to the heartbeat when I start to get too nervous.

((hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to say this is a pretty crappy time for this to happen. I've been good for a year and now it acts up again?! Thanks for the support ladies

May 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I was diagnosed with anxiety before pregnancy. I have it in pregnancy. I almost had a horrible breakdown when the doc couldn't find the HB for a minute because baby was hidden. I take unisom every night to sleep. I have to listen to positive pregnancy affirmations every day and it barely touches the surface of my anxiety. I am sorry you are going through this. My DH puts up with so much to keep me with less anxiety. I have the benefit of having a very active baby so it is helping me a lot.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is there different types of Unisom? How many mgs do you take a night?

May 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I take the gel caps at 50 mg.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM
mom2moose
I also take Unisom and I cut mine in half. Otherwise, I'm VERY tired in the morning and it's hard for me to wake up. I also suggest talking to your OB. Maybe they have other suggestions for you, while pregnant.
May 25th, 2011, 04:28 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic disorder. Every day for me is a struggle, but everyday is also a milestone with me getting better. I have tried everything, medicine (xanax, klonopin, zoloft, etc.), therapy, hypotism, and so far the only thing that helps me is support from my husband. Having him hold me and talk me through a panic attack is wonderful. He has gotten so good, he can now talk me out of one over the phone. I also force myself to do situations that cause me to panic like driving. Facing your fears head on is a good way to flip them the bird.

Anyway, that might have not helped you, but know that you are not crazy, you are not weird, and you are not alone. I have been finding out lately that more people suffer from anxiety disorder then I ever thought possible. Let me know if you want to talk even though I am not pregnant (yet ).

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search