New here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
sadie97007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I'm new to the pregnancy after loss board. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant after a missed miscarriage in November that required a D&C and a chemical pregnancy in February. I'm a little over 5 weeks along at this point, and I am finding that I am having a hard time being fully invested in this pregnancy. I don't mean to sound that I'm not completely happy about it, it's just that I kinda feel like I'm pregnant with an asterisk. I'm scheduled for an u/s on June 17th, when I'll be between 8-9 weeks. It was at that same visit with my first miscarriage that I found out my baby didn't have a heartbeat. It was devastating, as I'm sure many on this board know. I didn't see it coming since my body gave me no clue that I had an unhealthy pregnancy. So, I'm just trying to hang out and make it until the 17th. This will be my 3rd living child.

I don't feel quite comfortable joining in over in the Jan DDC just yet. I need to make sure that all is well before I head over there. I look forward to getting to know you all and I'm happy that there is a place where I know you ladies know just how I feel.
May 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has your Dr had you go for blood draws?

I hope you have a H&H 9 months

I'm 13 weeks and still haven't joined Nov DDC, still too hard.

May 24th, 2011, 01:58 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I didn't get overly invested in my DDC for the first couple weeks. I posted a bit but mostly just joined here. I found this to be a bit safer for the crazies. Well that is what I get anyway. Those moments where you are just sure something is wrong and you are freaking out and paniced. Oh yeah we all have them . And we all understand. Welcome and congratulations. After that first U/S you will start to feel better. But like many of us you will probably worry more than those that haven't had a loss. Those weeks where there is a major loss boom in your DDC are hard too . So glad you felt good to join us. KUP on how you are doing.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
mom2moose
"Pregnant with an asterisk" sounds perfect for PAL!! I think most of us feel that way. It's hard to be happy, happy, joy, joy when you know things DO go wrong. It's a scary time. But, welcome and congrats!!! Hoping you have a healthy and happy 9 months!!
May 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM
sadie97007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the warm welcome. No blood draws here. My doc is pretty hands off in early pregnancy. I never called the office after my chemical. There was nothing they could they do about it anyway. I'm not considered any sort of high risk, so she won't intervene. I'm actually happy about that. I think the blood draws would just stress me out anyway.

Jess-I think the loss boom is one of the reasons I stay away. It is too sad and makes me worry.
May 24th, 2011, 02:51 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yes the boom stressed me something fierce and I have to see them anyway because I host PL as well . But its easier to cope now.
I didn't do blood draws with this pregnancy. I wasn't going to do an early u/s or anything. I just didn't think the stress was necessary. I did get an u/s at 10 weeks . I did find it helped abit because I wasn't doing the 48 hour blood draw stress. KUP on how you are doing.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Congratulations!!! PAL is super scary but the good thing is that we have each other to lean on and get through this!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
It took me a long time to invest in my pregnancy. I love your "pregnancy with an asterisk" analogy. Totally fits with PAL. I think it took me until after my 2nd ultrasound before I was like "holy crap...I'm really pregnant!!" Congratulations on your pregnancy. These ladies are 100% there for everyone in any moment of freak out. I know I have had many and these ladies made me feel sane when I thought I was going insane.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
welcome and congrats! I hope all goes smoothly for you this pregnancy.
May 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats. I also think that pregnant with an asterisk is a perfect explanation. I remember telling people and always feeling that I needed to explain, but... of course, no one wants to hear that so you are left with this uncertain feeling yourself.

Feel free to post over here. The PAL ladies are super supportive and we have all been there.
May 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats!

I didn't post in my DDC until after my 2nd ultrasound I think. The boom is kinda scary.

PAL is a great place to be. The girls here are super supportive and understanding. They know what you're going through.

Hope you have a boring, happy and healthy 9 months!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search