New here.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran
JessP invited me over here, hopefully I'll be able to stay. I got a BFP yesterday with a hCG of 92. I posted on the TTCAL board about the brown spotting and if progesterone suppositories could be to blame. It's let up a lot since this morning. I'm on edge because two out of my three losses started off like that. I need all the advice I can get from the ladies who've experienced the same thing.
May 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Congratulations and Welcome. I am so glad you decided to join. I am sure some of the other ladies like Missy will be by . I hope this is your rainbow baby and you are here for the long haul. Have you told your dr about the brown spotting? I would think they could tell you if the spotting is from the suppositories or not. When is your next blood draw? Do you have an early u/s scheduled or planned? How exciting for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Thank you!!

I called the nurse at my RE's office and she said they can definitely irritate the cervix, asked me how far I inserted it and told me to insert it halfway from now on. I have my next hCG draw tomorrow afternoon, I'm shaking. I got great advice from the nurse, I just want to read other experiences so I feel more at ease.
May 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Congrats and welcome. How far along are you? My first hcg was only 24 and for the next 2wks the nurse kept telling me I was going to miscarry. I also started spotting around 5wks and it continued until around 7wks. No known cause and I'm still here. I hope you get great numbers at your next draw and can stick around for a long time.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Veteran
I'm about 4 weeks. Very early. After three losses, I question and stress everything...stressing that my BB's aren't sore enough and that I'm not sick enough. LOL.
May 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
mom2moose
Congratulations and Welcome!! Hope everything goes smoothly from this point on. Your HcG number sounds awesome!!!

If it helps ease your mind a bit, my m/s didn't kick in until about week 6 or 7. Then it was awful!!! You're still pretty early for it yet.
May 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. I pray this is your sticky bean!

As for stories of spotting. With my now-6 year old son I got a BFP and the next day started with brown spotting. I spotted, literally, for just over two weeks...always brown. I went for early ultrasounds adn they had no reason for the spotting, but h6e was fine.

With my second pregnancy I had brown spotting that turned pinkish about 4 or 5 days after my BFP (which I did not get a BFP until 2 days after my missed AF). I went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and he was fine. I went on to have spotting, and several times outright hard bleeding on and off from weeks 8 through the end of my 15th week...but that bean is now my second son, now 3.

My loss happened without any "sign" that I would have a loss...other than it took just over a week from missed AF to get a very faint BFP. The loss started with no warning...no spotting or cramping.

With this pregnancy, my first since my loss (we think we had a "chemical" loss very early on in Oct. 2010...but I declined going to the ob to confirm) I had bleeding prior to when AF was due, full bleeding. I was so upset sure AF was early. My ob instructed me to wait 5 days and take a pregnancy test as he thought it was implantation bleeding. 5 days later I got my BFP. I've had light brown spotting twice since I got my BFP. Once in week 5 and once in early week 6. So far nothing since (knock on wood). We had our first ultrasound last Monday and saw a little heart beating away.

SO, don't panic about your spotting, especially since your nurse confirmed the suppositories can irritate the cervix and cause spotting.

Good luck, Hun...and a H&H 9 months to you! This is a wonderfully supportive group.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 24th, 2011, 06:09 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Hi!! Congratulations! Yup, the progesterone can be the cause of the spotting. But honestly since it is brown that is a good sign. It means it is old blood.

Eat up now! My m/s kicked in around 6 weeks and I am just now able to eat some foods without feeling sick.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I don't have any advice or anything, but congratulations on your pregnancy!! And, welcome to PAL!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats and welcome! No experience with the spotting but I hope it turns out all well for you
May 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome. I had some spotting with this pregnancy and with the pregnancy with my daughter. So far, both my girls are doing well. I have had 4 losses... the last three consecutive so I completely and thoroughly understand your paranoia. It's very very common. Happy and healthy 9 months to you. The ladies here at PAL are awesome. Glad you found us.
May 25th, 2011, 04:28 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I'm glad Jessi invited you here.

I have no experience with spotting, but I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy and were are here for you throughout!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search