Oh, poop!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 02:07 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last Thursday when I had my u/s, they took my blood pressure and it was really high (139/104 ). I have never had a BP reading more than 120/80, so I was trying to chalk it up to all the stress I was under that day.... going out of town, defending my thesis the next day, having the u/s which was our first check since my previous loss date, running late for the appointment, etc etc). I knew I was having a regular OB appointment today, so even though the doctor didn't mention anything about it after the u/s (which I find completely ridiculous), I knew I would bring it up with my OB.

Well today when I first got to the appointment my BP was 150/92 Then it did drop by the end of the appointment, but only down to 140/82. So now I have to monitor my blood pressure at home and if I continue to have high BP (150s/90s) I will have to go on meds. If I have borderline BPs they will do a baseline 24 hour urine and monitor it closely.

My doctor says that since it's showing up so early, it's not pregnancy related, it's just chronic hypertension, but my BP has never been a problem before.... what the heck, body????? I just really hope that I can keep it under control by eating better (now that I am finally feeling better) and staying on top of walking every day. I really don't need any more risks on top of what I already have going on. And for some reason I feel really embarrassed about it and like I just totally suck at everything baby related. Ugh!
May 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hun, you do NOT suck at baby-related stuff!!!!! Let's just get that out of the way

It is weird that you never had BP problems and they are popping up now. But think about it, you have been under a TON of stress... finishing your thesis while getting through your 1st tri and big milestone with this pregnancy... that IS stressful. Maybe the fact that you had to put it all out of your mind to focus on your thesis, made it sort of manifest in your body more... I know I do this. In grad school I had such bad acid stomach that I almost got an ulcer, but in my HEAD, I was FINE... until I found out that I had a serious stress-related health issue... then I had to accept it and deal with it emotionally more (which sucked).

Anyway I don't know if this is totally woo-woo and makes no sense, but I hope it helps a little. I hope your BP comes down with you just taking better care of yourself and trying to relax more. You deserve a vacation!!!!

May 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I hope that you can get it figured out.

May 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt the same way when they told me they found sugar in my urine and I may have Diabetes. I felt like I cant get anything baby related right. Crazy how we are so quick to blame ourselves.

I hope it goes down on its own for you!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP

You do not suck at things baby related. I am sure its just nerves with everything you have going on. It very well could be baby related though from what my dr told me.... Thinking of you. KUP.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
A dissertation is never done the day you give it. My DH went through this and is going through it again now. I am so sure that is more than any pregnancy related thing. I hope that you can rest and your BP lowers.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds scary! I hope you can get it under control!

May 28th, 2011, 01:21 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ack! I hope it starts to come down. Maybe you are having a bit of 'white coat syndrome'

Make sure you get 70-120 grams of protein each day!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, everyone.

Shen, I think you are probably right that I let my stress work itself out physically... just thinking back, I realize that I have been feeling non-stop stressed for a long time, like I always have to just finish one thing and move onto the next thing (work on my thesis, clean the house for this family visit, take care of my sister, blah, blah, blah). But if you would have asked me at the time, I would have said I was fine. So I definitely need to take more time to just relax and figure out when I need a break.

Missy, was that with this pregnancy or with one of your boys?

I have been really trying to get a lot of protein... I am shooting for at least 70g a day. Plus I really increased my fluids and I'm really watching the processed foods so I don't overload on sodium. I figure if I pay attention to what I eat, get some light exercise in, and make sure I take time to rest, I'm doing all I can to lower it. I'm getting my monitor later this morning, so I will start to get an idea of whether it is high all the time or just at the doctor's.

I just really want to have a healthy, full term baby, and I feel like everything is stacked against me
May 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post

Missy, was that with this pregnancy or with one of your boys?

I just really want to have a healthy, full term baby, and I feel like everything is stacked against me
It is with this pregnancy... When I went to the ER about a month ago they said they found higher than normal levels of sugar in my urine and I should bring it up to the obgyn. My first appointment is June 6 so I will be sure to mention it then. Hopefully it will be able to be controlled with diet.

Healthy baby is the key word here. If you end up having your baby a little early to save your health then that is ok too sweetie, as long as you and baby end up ok. ((hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 28th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You so do not suck at baby related things. You have a ton on your plate right now, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with the elevated bp. I do hope with diet and excercise and a little less stress (hopefully soon things will calm down) the bp's will go lower. ((HUGS)) And try not to let the bp's stress you either. Thinking of you!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search