So Nervous! Afternoon Update...really Freaked!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies. I hope you all had a super Memorial Day weekend!

Saturday night all of a sudden my all-day-long morning sickness and vomitting just disappeared. I thought it was just a "good night," but nope...I seem to be all better. I've never been as sick as I was from week 5 to week 10...and I've also never felt better until 12-13 weeks. Now I did miraculously wake up sometime between weeks 12 and 13 with my first two feeling fine...but never at 10 weeks.

I'm super paranoid that something has gone wrong. With the pregnancy we lost I never got symptoms.

Can the doctor hear a heartbeat with doppler at 10 weeks and a few days? I am thinking of calling and begging for a listen. I couldn't sleep at all last night...just up all night worrying that something has gone wrong.

Did any of you ever feel better before the 2nd trimester?

Since I first posted I've now had some spotting...it's fresh and not brown. My nurse has not called back yet. I jump every time the phone rings. I wish they'd hurry up! They always return calls by 5pm... It wasn't a ton, just some when I wiped (TMI, Sorry!), and I did spot and/or outright bleed with both my previous pregnancies and early on with this one. SOOO, I'm trying my best to stay calm. I had slight cramping this morning that worried me, but it went away. None since the spotting. So I wait...and hope they can get me in first thing in the morning...I don't think they could get me in by 5pm today since they haven't called back yet. I'm trying to find "positives" to calm myself...but I'm really scared.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Last edited by hubshope; May 31st, 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Update
May 31st, 2011, 10:57 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs.... I know it is scary, but I do think it is normal to loose sympoms at 10 weeks. Sometimes you can pick-up a heartbeat at 10-11 weeks, but most of the time you can not. It might just be added stress for you to do a heartbeat check at this point, but if you are stressed and worried, call your dr or your OB nurse and asked to come in and get checked out. there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Take it easy and drink lots and lots of water.
May 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for your quick reply, Sam.

I did think about if I go and they don't hear a heart beat I'd flip, even if it's just 'cause it may be a bit early. I went ahead and left a message with my ob's nurse see what she says.

I did "google" pregnancy hormone levels and found that at the 10 week mark estrogen and progesterone stop doubling and level out...so maybe that's just it.

I wish it were June 13th...my next appt and u/s!!!!

May 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
At about 10-11 weeks I had a few days where I felt great. I have also seen many people start feeling better about 10 weeks for the simple fact the hormones level out. As I got closer to 12-13 weeks the days that I felt good seem to be more and more with less bad days. I would venture a guess that its more to do with the hormones leveling out. But hopefully the dr can get you in and get a quick peek at the baby.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 31st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Jess. I hope it just means I'm getting a break a little early this go-round. I posted an update in my original post at the top (not sure if I did it right). I'm really upset...had some spotting now...so just waiting for the ob's office to call back

May 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I hope that everything is ok !

May 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really hope everything is okay! I would be worried, too. I don't blame you.
My doctor won't use the doppler on me at this point because it isn't consistent yet. I hope they can get you in for an ultrasound to ease your mind. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news soon!
May 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hun. As you know, both the spotting and the loss of m/s are not unusual and could well be nothing, but it is a scary combo after you've had losses. I hope they will fit you in for an u/s to reassure you, and I hope it's nothing!!!

May 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got off the phone with my ob's nurse. She said my doctor does not feel I need to come in unless A) I'm still spotting come tomorrow or B) I have enough bleeding to soak a pad in an hour.

Not the answer I wanted, but kind of what I expected since I had spotting incidents with my boys. I just thought because of the loss he'd MAYBE realize how stressed out I am right now and have me go in.

Oh, and she said it's normal to start feeling better around 10 weeks, so they aren't at all concerned about that. She said while you more commonly read you feel better around week 12 or 13, those dates (as we all know) are not set in stone and the hormones have settled down a lot once you hit week 10...

So, now I'm just trying to reassure myself that all this can be totally normal...and the spotting especially "normal" for me...Too bad I can't just go to bed until tomorrow. Thanks for listening to me whine, Ladies.

May 31st, 2011, 01:59 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry they won't see you. I do appreciate my dr office since they will see me anytime just to ease my mind. I hope that the spotting has stopped or does stop soon. Did you do anything that could have caused the spotting? DTD, lifting, walking to much?

We are here for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With this pregnancy I was SUPER sick until about 8 weeks and then it went completely away!! I was so nervous but our lil babe is still doing great at 14 weeks + now! I was also freaked out like you were. With my 2 previous pregnancies, the Dr was able to hear the h/b on the doppler at 10 weeks. I hope they get back to you quickly! I'd keep hounding them though, if I were you!

Oh, just read they called you back. That sucks they won't see you I'd probably just call tomorrow and tell them I'm still spotting just to get in!
May 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM
mom2moose
I hope they call you back soon. The m/s disappearing sounds kinda normal though. I know mine would stop, then a week later come back worse than before. It finally stopped completely for me at 16 weeks.

As for the bleeding, it must be scary. I feel it's hopeful that you did bleed with both your previous pregnancies though. I hope they get you in today or tomorrow for some peace of mind. And they might be able to find the heartbeat on doppler. I know some ladies can hear it at 10 weeks, but if not, they'll probably do an u/s. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!!!!!!!

Just realized that they DID call you back. If you're spotting at all tomorrow, call them back. I know it's really hard not to worry, but like you said, you've done this with your boys and everything was ok. Hold onto that!!!!
May 31st, 2011, 02:29 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope that the bleeding stops and you get some rest. I bled at around 11 weeks with this pregnancy and everything turned out fine.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Darn! I was hoping they would see you! Well, rest up and I hope the bleeding stops!
I'll say some prayers for you.
May 31st, 2011, 05:24 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are concerned and your own doctor won't see you then go to the ER. I think it is crazy that they won't make an appointment to see you. ((hugs)) I hope all is ok!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything has calmed down some!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, well the spotting has stopped by this morning (late last night actually), so I'm hoping it was all nothing. Jess, yes I had done a light workout Monday night...and then yesterday spent an hour in my son's class helping his teachers take down bulletin boards. I didn't "do" much that seemed like much, but it's the most I've been on my feet since the sickness set in at 5 weeks...so maybe too much too fast. I don't know. I was up most of last night with a massive migraine (which I still have), which I'm sure was triggered by all the crying and worrying I did last night.

On a more positive note, my ob's nurse did call to check on me this morning. I told her the update and she said that if I am still so worried, just maybe call back later and say I had a tiny bit more spotting and my doctor will fit me in for an ultrasound. She's sweet. She said, "I won't say I told you to say that."

My doctor is a good guy, but he deals normally with very high risk pregnancies...so I just think he doesn't get alarmed by what goes on with me. I "got him" because of all the bleeding I did first trimester with Ben...and then the preterm labor...but sometimes I wish he were a bit more sympathetic to how worried a pregnant Mom gets, especially one that's been through a loss.

My Mom says to call back later and tell them I spotted, but I'm afraid to do that. I know that sounds dumb, but then I'm afraid "lying" like that will be bad karma or something. hahaha I'm going to try and see how I do worry-wise today...if I'm still upset real bad by tomorrow I'll just call and demand an appointment. I don't think they'd deny me one if I did that. What would you do???

June 1st, 2011, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll tell the little white lie to get in there .
June 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like that you don't want to lie. I would be honest and be firm about getting an appointment. Tell them you are concerned about the spotting and the anxiety is really getting to you... That with a history of loss you would appreciate the appointment just to make sure.

Be strong with them... they are busy but you need to be seen! (for sanity purposes )

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything is OK and the spotting is over for good. I would call and be honest, but explain that you are very anxious and would like to have an u/s to be sure that everything is OK.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search