Braxton Hicks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
When did they start for you?
Have they started for you?
Anything make them better?

I called the dr today. My started over the weekend. Walking and overdoing it seems to bring them on . And the bummer is this is how it started with my first two children. When I talked to the nurse she said that it probably is just a sign that things will progress like they did before and I will have preterm labor. Just stinks that this is all starting at 23 weeks. I was hoping to make it further before having to look at the possibility of not working. Thankfully I won't lose pay if I go on bedrest.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 31st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess, with my first pregnancy I didn't notice them until late 20's or right around week 30. That was my preterm labor pregnancy (31 weeks).

With my second pregnancy I freaked because they started at 15 weeks. I thought for sure that meant I'd end up with preterm labor again. But I didn't. I had a ton of them, and from 15 weeks on...but no real labor until 37 weeks. (Both my boys ended up being born right at 37 w 3d)...

So, try not to worry or get discouraged yet. My ob says that those type things start earlier and earlier with each pregnancy...because you body just knows what to do to better prepare for labor.

Also, I found getting off my feet and drinking lots of water helped them. If they were frequent enough to be bothersome, a warm bath used to help.

I hope you do not have to deal with bedrest and preterm labor. ((HUGS)) I'll pray for you...no labor until at least 37 weeks!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

May 31st, 2011, 12:16 PM
mom2moose
I started getting them at 12 weeks! I had them until about week 20 or so. Now, they've seemed to have gone away, for the most part. The only time I got BH's was when I was doing something, busy, running around, etc. Then, if I sat down, put my feet up and drank some water, they usually went away within the hour. My OB was completely unhelpful as she told me I couldn't go into pre-term labor that early. Which made no sense to me as women DO go into preterm labor that early. So I don't know. With Moose I never had BH or even real contractions until the day I went into labor. Was kinda hoping for a repeat of that. LOL
May 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember any with my son except for when I went into labor. I 'm sure I had some small ones but just didn't notice since he was my first. But I noticed them the day I went into labor when they didn't go away! I hope your babe stays in for a while longer!
May 31st, 2011, 12:27 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have alrady had a few of them. One of them was really painful! I mean I couldn't talk and had to breathe through it. I get mine from too much activity too. I have been trying to drink more water and relax more so I don't get them. I am prone to pre-term labor because of family history. My mom had her first at 30 weeks so I am a little bit terrified since I will be moving right around that time and won't have a doctor. My mom had BHs from teens-20s till labor.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 31st, 2011, 12:55 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Thanks ladies. I hope it turns out to be nothing. Gah like I didn't have enough to worry about.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been having more recently, but really didn't have any until around 20 weeks and then just a few when I overdid it and rest and drinking and peeing always made them go away.

With DD I didn't have many either.

I've read that women can start getting them as soon as 6 weeks but they are not necessarily an indicator of preterm labor.

Hope they aren't an issue for you Jess!~

June 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my fourth baby and it is the first time I have had BH. In fact, I didn't even know for sure what it was. I was having an u/s at 17 weeks when I got my first, and the u/s tech told me it was a B/H contraction. I get them almost every day, but only one here and there. They aren't fun, but I don't ever get more than one or two at a time, so I haven't done anything to stop them.
I hope they stop for you, or at least that it doesn't turn into PTL. My fingers are crossed!

June 1st, 2011, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I started mine around 24 weeks.. Sometimes they are very painful but then go away... Do not remember getting this early but then again I have never been pregnant with twins before
June 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been noticing them since around 14 weeks. This is my third pregnancy (that has progressed this far) and the first time I've noticed them before term. Some times my uterus gets so hard and balled up that it scares me, but they feel only tense and not painful. I get them really bad after DTD, so we haven't been intimate too much because it worries both of us. I try to remind myself that they are normal and are just working out my uterine muscles for an easier labor down the line.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search