New to this board

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Hello ladies!! I posted on the pregnancy board and a few of the moms there suggested that I come here. I am 6 weeks pregnant right now, this is my 2nd pregnancy. I had a m/c at 3 weeks about four years ago. I go for my first ultrasound this Friday June 3rd appointment is at 9:00 AM. DH is thankfully going with me because I am scared this time around. (I've been reading some of the posts and I know that you can all identify!) The main thing to worry me is that I have been having spotting since 5/17 it seemed to have started to go away yesterday but started again today. It's brown and only on TP. The nurse at the OBGYN said it could still be implantation.

I got my BFP 5/12 and had bloodwork done 5/13 my HCG at that time was 147.9. I started spotting 5/17 with some awful cramping so my OBGYN ordered more bloodwork and my HCG then was 1700 and they did a reapeat 5/20 and HCG was 4574! My OB said my bloodwork is excellent and they do not seem to be concerned about the spotting. I am still exahusted, starving and nauseated with some sore BBS. I am very paranoid and even had a nightmare last night about my appointment Friday. So I'm trying to relax, following doctor's orders and relaxing, no intercourse and not lifting anything heavy. I am trying to be hopeful. I was hoping to hear opinions or stories of what you ladies have experienced.
June 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM
mom2moose
Wow. Your bloodwork sounds really great! As for the spotting, I agree. It could have been implantation. I had it with my daughter, but not this time.

Welcome and Congrats!! I hope you have a very uneventful 9 months! Can't wait to hear about your appointment update on Friday! I look forward to getting to know you??
June 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a history of spotting and bleeding with my pregnancies...so maybe this will help ease your mind (it's posted somewhere else on here but I don't remember what thread to link it up).

With my first pregnancy (now a healthy 6 y/o son) I started spotting the day after I got my BFP. I spotted (sometimes brown, sometimes red) for 14 straight days. I then had some spotting (don't remember color but remember just on the TP) around week 8.

With my second pregnancy I had nothing at first...but then ended up with outright bleeding that occured on and off through week 15/16. That pregnancy gave me me second healthy, beautiful son...he is 3 now.

My third pregnancy ended in a loss. I had no symptoms of pregnancy and no bleeding/spotting until all of a sudden the loss occured.

This pregnancy I had a bleeding before my missed AF (to the point I thought AF was about a week early). That was implatation bleeding according to my ob. I then had slight spotting early on, pinkish and just on TP. As of yesterday (10 weeks) I started spotting...it was red at first...then it stopped. Started again this afternoon, but just pinking with red "tinge" to it...and my doctor is not concerned. I worry, but I know it's likely just "normal" for me and pregnancy.

I hope it helps to know that it can be absolutely normal to spot/bleed a little with pregnancy. My neighbor had nothing with her son, but then had a lot of spotting the first two trimesters with her daughter.

I will say a prayer for you that all looks wonderful on Friday, and that you find some peace in the mean time.

ALSO, congratulations on your pregnancy. This is a board full of wonderfully supportive women!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Congrats and Welcome

I hope that you find this board to be as helpful as I do.

June 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations and Welcome! I totally understand what you are feeling. The good news is your betas are awesome and that is a good sign this early in pregnancy. When I went for each of my early appointments I was so scared every single time. I kept expecting bad news.

We are excited to hear good news on Friday from you!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 1st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats and welcome to the board!
June 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! Your levels sound excellent, and I hope you have a healthy sticky bean in there.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
June 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome and congratulations! I had spotting with my first two children they are 6 and 4. Spotting sometimes just happens. I know that stinks. I can't wait to hear a great update on Friday. Stick around and join the fun. We are a crazy group .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and Congrats Your betas sound awesome and promising. Can't wait to hear about your apt Friday

June 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I am trying not to lose my mind until tomorrow. The spotting was letting up and then this morning it came back with a vengence it is dark brown and it kind of has dots in it? I called my OBGYN and the nurse pretty much told me to try to wait until tomorrow and to go to the ER if it turns bright red. My lower back started hurting today too, but I have also been VERY nauseated and tired today...I'm hoping these are good signs. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow!
June 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow. Sorry the spotting came back. That is always worriesome.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Good afternoon, everyone! I got back from my u/s a little while ago. I am 7w1d right now and due January 19th. We saw a very strong little heartbeat!! It was amazing to see...I was speechless. My doc said not to worry about the spotting because we have a good heartbeat. Nothing is guarenteed but he seemed to be very optimistic. Not ordered to bed rest or anything, he just said to take it easy while I am spotting, to leave the heavy lifting up to my DH. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers!!
June 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just catching up to this post now, but I'm glad to hear that you had a great appointment today!! Seeing that heartbeat is one of the best things!

Congrats and welcome to our PAL family! Hope you have a boring, happy & healthy 9 months!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

June 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I just saw this! Welcome to the board! I am so glad that you were able to see your baby's precious heartbeat! Congratulations!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks, ladies!! It was truely amazing...I cried when the u/s tech showed us. It was such a relief!
June 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a good, strong heartbeat! I know what a relief it is to see, especially after bleeding/spotting. I hope from here on out you have a very uneventful pregnancy. Welcome to the PAL board...these ladies ROCK!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search