Another Update on me...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, I hope this finds you all having a great weekend.
This morning I had horrible lower back pain and started spotting again. I called the oncall ob and she said to go in to the urgent care or E.R.. We (my husband and I) left the boys with a neighbor and went in. The doctor there was an insensitive MORON! They listened with a doppler. Steve (DH) and I heard what sounded like 3 seconds of a heartbeat, the doctor said, "There you go, all is fine. Just rest, drink lots of fluids and follow up with your doctor on Monday."

We both protested that we barely had a chance to confirm that's what we heard. He said, "Well I heard it, but we'll listen again." Of course this time he could not find it. He said, "We know we heard the heartbeat. I'm sure you are fine. The spotting is minimal and we don't like to do vaginal ultrasounds and increase your risk for infection and miscarriage unless we cannot find a heartbeat." (since when does a vaginal ultrasound increase your risk for miscarriage? I had 6 of them with my second pregnancy?)

And that was that. He sent us on our way.

Now we heard something...we did. It was so quick though, before (as the doctor said), "The baby moved away," that it was not at all reassuring.

The spotting has decreased significantly throughout the day. I spoke with the ob on call again about what happened. She said she will make a report about the E.R. doctor (like that comforts me at all, but ok) and she set up an appointment for Monday (moving my original appt day up by a week).

I'm trying VERY hard to remain calm. I'm trying to just let go and let God, so to speak.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
What a jerk! I am sorry that the ER visit was not reassuring. I am glad the spotting is slowing down for you.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm still baffled and miffed by the whole experience...and just keep trying to remember what we heard...if it sounded like my boys hearts had. I felt like it could have been my heartbeat, but the jerk was so sure of what he heard himself...guess I have to just hold on to that until Monday.

June 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there a way you can go to another ER? I know what he could've picked up was your heartbeat and the fact that he wasn't too concerned about how you felt is pretty crummy... When I went in for my losses they always gave me an ultrasound and even though it hurt to know the truth it was better then guessing.. I hope that your DR will be more proactive and give you more answers.. HUGS hun.. Hang in there..
June 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry the Dr was such a jerk. Glad they moved your apt up tho.

June 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
mom2moose
That sucks. Sometimes, the docs in the ER treat pregnant women like morons. Overdramatic ones, at that.

I'm glad the spotting has decreased. I hope it goes away entirely. I also hope they get you on Monday. (Also, I have no idea what that idiot was talking about with the vaginal u/s. My OB told me they were perfectly safe. The guy sounds like a prick.)

Keep us posted but I really hope you feel better soon!!
June 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sorry he was a jack ***. I would almost say try and find another ER to go to if you can. I know by me there are lots. And yeah I agree I have never heard that a transvaginal will cause a m/c. What a dummy. KUP! Glad you got an appointment for Monday. Sorry the weekend is going to be kind of stressful for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, guys. The other E.R.s (hospitals) near me are 45 mins or more away. ..except for one that is a hospital that I just don't trust at all. I had thought of that, but even the on-call at my ob's office when I called her back and told her what happened at the E.R. said she wouldn't go to that one necessarily.

I will wait until Monday, unless I have more of this going on tomorrow. Then I can always go back to the same E.R. and hope I get a different doctor.

Yeah, I thought the fact he said that about vaginal ultrasound just proved what an a** he was. I had to have a bunch with my second pregnancy and my ob always assured me they were perfectly safe.

I have never had to go to the E.R. before with a pregnancy issue, but now I realize why so many times my ob's office tells me to try and wait until their office is open. It's like they feel like they don't have the time to bother with pregnant women or something.

Anyway, I'm lying low and drinking lots of fluids...and am glad that at least they moved up my appt to Monday. I imagine even if they hear the heartbeat with doppler they'd do an ultrasound to see if they can tell why I've had the spotting. That's what they did when I was pregnant with Nathan. So hopefully after Monday I can relax a little.

And I just keep reminding myself that I had this type stuff happen well into my second trimester with Nathan and he's a happy, healthy 3 y/o now.

June 4th, 2011, 07:45 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Oh Sweetie (((HUGS)))

I am sorry the Dr was such a jerk I pray all is well with your baby.

My Dr doesn't like to do Transvaginal if the can see on top. The say it can irritate the cervix.

June 4th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How rude! I hope tomorrow goes by fast so you can get in your appt!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search