The baby is fine...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried posting this as an update on my earlier post, but it didn't "flag" it as having an update. I still don't quite know what I'm doing. hahaha

SO, here is the update I posted at 5pm:
Hi Girls, I'm back from a VERY stressful appointment, but the news is good!

The NP could not find the heartbeat with the fetal doppler, after assuring me I was definitely far enough along and thin enough to where it would be no problem. She tried for a full 10 mins, all the while I was getting more and more freaked out as she was saying, "Now I don't want you to panic yet." Lovely. hahha She was really super sweet though.

The sonographer was able to see me right away, and decided since I had to bring the boys with me she would try on top of the belly rather than vaginal ultrasound. It took her 4 minutes by my watch, but she finally said, "There's the heartbeat, I'll turn the sound on for the boys." So we saw the baby, who was flipping and kicking and just all over the place...and we heard his heartbeat. His heart was beating away at 171 beats per minute...and how I got teary eyed watching all the kicks! I measured right on at 11w1d.

I feel SOOOOO much better!!!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Great news! Sounds like your little one has a strong heart!
June 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, it was definitely a relief to see...and to know it was in the 170's!

One thing the sonographer mentioned was that my placenta is in the wrong spot but, "You're early, it'll likely correct itself." So I asked if it was placenta previa, which I had with my second and it caused a lot of spotting and bleeding. She said, "No, actually, it's rather too high, but like I said it should correct."

I've never heard of a placenta being too high. Have any of you?????

June 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay on the baby looking good! I have not heard of the placenta being too high either.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
mom2moose
I've not heard of that either. Glad the baby looked good though, and that you saw the heartbeat!!

Also, if you want to update an earlier post, just edit the post title to read "update", if that makes sense.
June 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update! I've never heard of a placenta being too high. I was told (at my 13 wk u/s) that my placenta was at the front/top of my uterus. Nobody seemed concerned about it.

June 6th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay! My 12 week appt was awful, I'ver always heard baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks so I thought 12 weeks, that'll be a breeze! But it took 3 people 20 minutes to find the heartbeat and it was so stressful!! Glad you got to see your baby and that everything is all good!
June 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on a great appointment. I never heard of the placenta being too high. How did your boys react to seeing the baby on the screen?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a stressful appointment, but it sounds like your little one is doing great!
June 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am so glad that baby is ok !! I am sorry that it scared you before you got to see it.

June 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for HB! The first time my OB tried to find HB with the doppler she couldn't, when I got mine I had to have a full bladder to find it. Stubborn little babies!! !

June 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad the baby is okay after your stressful week! I just knew it would be okay!
June 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you all have me near tears at how many posts there are...I feel like I just posted a little bit ago. Thank you all for being so supportive!

My youngest son really didn't get at all what he was looking at...but my oldest (he's 6) thought it was a real thrill to see the baby kicking. He kept giggling whenever the baby would kick or move. The sonographer also turned the sound on at one point so they both could hear the heartbeat (me too) and Ben (older) leaned over to Nathan and said, "That's our baby's heartbeat. I told you it was okay." That made the tears I'd been holding back for nearly an hour finally spill over. It was very sweet.

Ben had overheard DH and I talking about the spotting on Sat and had come to me on Sat night and said, "Mommy, why did you tell baby you saw blood. Did it come from your nose? Is our baby sick?" So I explained to him, gently but because I didn't want to be falsely reassuring, that our baby was probably fine but sometimes if you have blood it can mean the baby is sick or in trouble. He asked me, "Will our baby die?" And I had told him probably not. To which he said, "Well why would God give you a baby and then make it die? That's not fair and if He does I'm not talking to Him anymore." It was a very hard conversation, but I found my way through it.

SO, I wasn't thrilled to have to take the boys with me today, in case the news was bad. SOOOO, I was extra relieved to be able to tell Ben, "See, God is looking out for our baby just like he looks out for you and Nathan."

And, thankfully he never asked again where teh blood comes from. He did ask when the NP said they were going to take a look at the baby if they were going to cut my belly open to do that. She laughed and told him no, c'mon and look at our special camera. hahaha

He's a very curious, bright boy...but I swear sometimes that makes life harder for me. hahaha He also happens to be a worrier, just like his Mama!

June 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What a cute son you have. Glad you got to take them and all was well. I have to admit I had my two kids with me with my second loss and that was so much harder because they didn't understand what was going on and why I was so upset.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jessi, I was very nervous to have them there, especially when the NP couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. Ben asked, "Why can't we hear it, Mommy?" And I told him sometimes it's just hard. But he already knew what it could mean...

In a way it made it easier for me to keep a game face on, having them there. But I had tried neighbors, friends and my Mom and no one was home when the appointment time got changed....so I had no choice but to bring them.

The NP offered to watch them while I had the ultrasound, but my little one totally freaks out unless he's with Mom, Dad, Grammy or a select few friends of mine that he recognizes...so i couldn't go in there without him.

If the news had gone the other way I have no clue how I would have held it together in front of them...I probably would not have been able to.

What upset me most was after we couldn't hear the heartbeat I didn't have any time to call my hubby. I felt awful to be in that spot without him there, or knowing he was at least on his way (his work is only 5 mins from the ob's office).

June 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
mom2moose
Your son sounds like my daughter. Super curious, smart and a worrier. It's hard sometimes to know the right things to say. But I think you said exactly the right thing to him. Glad everything worked out and he got to hear "his baby".
June 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ben sounds so cute ... So sweet that he is so worried about his brother or sister already !!!!!
I am so happy that everything is just fine..

Just a FYI sometimes even further along they still can not find the heartbeat with the doppler. Even though I am a thicker (lol ) then you.. They were not able to find my daughters heartbeat at 14 weeks , So I had a ultrasound and there is was. She was hiding so far back it would of been hard for them to get it !!!!!

So nerve racking I know !!
June 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
June 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Aww Congrats on a great appt!
June 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Super Mommy
Hooray for such wonderful news. When my midwife first tried to find the HB it took her over 10 minutes as well and when she finally found it I balled like a baby. Unfortunately, our labs have a very strict no kids policy so DD has only been able to see the baby when we booked our private scan.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search