Stressing...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hey ladies! I hope everyone is doing well today. I just had to vent for a minute and hopefully get some feedback, and many of you may have answered this question already but I need to ask it again. The u/s last Friday put me in high spirits since the doctor said when we see a heartbeat it significantly lowers the chance of m/c (he told me 7%). And the spotting actually STOPPED yesterday and I was soooo excited!! But I think I jinxed myself due to my excitement and it started again today. I've been going on Google (which can be evil, I know) and seem to be getting some mixed stories. I have been spotting like this on and off since 5 weeks and I will be 8 weeks along tomorrow. It is starting to stress me out and I have my "first" appointment on Monday the 13th and will probably get an exam at that time but I was wondering if you ladies or anyone you know of had spotting throughout the first trimester and went on to have normal pregnancies (any bad stories, too). Thanks!
June 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Ashl3y
HUGS! I know how stressful that is. I've been in your situation so I know how impossible this may seem, but try not to worry. I had a lot of cramping and spotting at the beginning of my pregnancy and thought for sure I was going to miscarry. Even after I saw the hb I still worried about it every time I noticed spotting. Well, I now have a perfectly healthy 3 week old so clearly I was wrong and it can be totally normal!
June 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks Ashley! It's nice to hear...and it is difficult not to worry about it. We did see the h/b but now I keep thinking something will happen in the mean time. Ugh...we drive ourselves crazy!! If you don't mind me asking...was yours almost constant and was it kind of like snot? (lol) That's how mine is. It goes away for a day and comes back for a week and is brown but it's mixed w/ EWCM too. Weird...and I'm really wishing this would just go away so I can stop worrying!
June 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Ashl3y
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsU8807 View Post
Thanks Ashley! It's nice to hear...and it is difficult not to worry about it. We did see the h/b but now I keep thinking something will happen in the mean time. Ugh...we drive ourselves crazy!! If you don't mind me asking...was yours almost constant and was it kind of like snot? (lol) That's how mine is. It goes away for a day and comes back for a week and is brown but it's mixed w/ EWCM too. Weird...and I'm really wishing this would just go away so I can stop worrying!
The very first spotting I had (which I think might have been implant) was EWCM mixed with brown. All of the other spotting I had was either brown or a dark pink and it looked exactly like the end of a period - normal blood, just light. HTH!
June 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I had spotting with all my pregnancies. My first two pregnancies I spotted until about 20 weeks and now they are 6 and 4. My second two pregnancies I had spotting however we lost them. This is the only pregnancy I didn't have alot of spotting. Just a couple times. But with my others it was every day. It was/is because I have an irritable cervix so overdoing it, DTD things like that will make me spot/bleed. My spotting was not the cause of my losses. If your just using a liner or nothing then its probably nothing. Are you DTD? Normally the dr will put you on pelvic rest if there is spotting. I hope it stops for you soon. I know its hard not to worry especially with our histories but it really can be nothing. Glad you have a hb that is half the battle. Good luck at your appointment on Monday.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Jess, thank you so much! I see you on here often and you are very supportive and I REALLY appreciate it. I'm sorry for your losses but I'm also happy and wish you an uneventful 9 months!! Doc said not to DTD while I was spotting, but since it stopped I guess I got a little "trigger" happy so to speak. But obviously, that isn't going to be an option if it is going to contribute to the spotting. It's nice to have reinforced that seeing the h/b is a good sign. It's very hard not to worry though. I will post an update Monday after I get home. They told me to expect to be there for a few hours.

Along with the spottingn starting again today, I have been constipated and gassy (TMI - sorry!) I have some fiber so I have taken some of that. I'm hoping that is a good sign! It's good to hear that it can be normal for pregnancy. Maybe I'm like you and it is just normal for me to have the spotting. But it's kind of hard for me to allow myself to be too excited...I'm always waiting to see bright red on the tp And my bbs have stopped being so sore, which is nice but I've read online not to look too far into that. I'm just paranoid, and probably sound like a crazy person.

It's nice to have JM to be able to get on here and vent. Thanks for "listening" to my rantings!
June 8th, 2011, 06:02 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I had spotting on and off the whole first trimester with my DS who is now 3. It scared me to death.

This pregnancy I have had all out bleeds along with spotting, but I have a SCH.

June 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Getting a hb is a great sign.

af came Nov 22 Fri nz time
June 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
popping in again - i spotted with Thea from 5 weeks until almost 9 weeks. it was sometimes the brown discharge mixed in with discharge and sometimes it was light pink. she will be three in a couple of months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search