Diapers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Have you started stocking up on diapers?
Will you stock up?
When will you start?
Will you buy them only on sale, every few weeks, etc?
How will you stock up?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you started stocking up on diapers?I really want to start after I get a hb
Will you stock up?Yep
When will you start?7 weeks from now
Will you buy them only on sale, every few weeks, etc?sale only
How will you stock up? buy a few packs a week at diff shops.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time
June 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
lol I started during my last pregnancy. I have all the diapers I need through size 4 and I've paid nothing thanks to coupons and swagbucks. I LOVE loooking at my closet and looking at the boxes. Also have all the wipes I will need....free..and formula.

coupons.com always has $3 off huggies coupons fyi....so anyone wanting to get some on sale...use the coupons when they are on sale...usually Wag's or CVS will have a super good deal every month or two. sale price + coupon and you should be able to get jumbo packs for about $3ish each
June 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been buying some with the coupons I am finding on the internet. I have to be honest, sometimes it scares me because I am still at that scared stage where I am still unsure that I am really going to have a baby... sigh. You all give me hope that it will get easier. 24 weeks hurry up please!!

I bought pampers newborn size tonight. The kind with the little cut out in them. I opened them and showed the boys the size diapers they wore when they were born. They looked at me funny... Like really mom?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I cloth diaper. They are a much bigger upfront cost, though it does save you money in the long run. I SO wish I had started stocking up when I found out I was pregnant instead of waiting until he got here! I just wanted to be sure he would make it!

June 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Here is my small stash of diapers so far. How many of each size should I buy? I am thinking the baby will be around 9-10lbs at birth. My boys were all around 8lbs and my husband was just over 10lbs at birth! ekkkkkkk.....

Are diapers something you can change out at walmart for a bigger size if I buy too many of the little ones?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

June 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Have you started stocking up on diapers? Oh yeah, we have our whole stash already. I actually have to stop myself from buying new diapers I put a $200 limit on it and I am there!
Will you stock up? Yup.
When will you start? I started around 8 weeks and am pretty much done now.
Will you buy them only on sale, every few weeks, etc? I buy used cloth diapers, with the ocassional new-sale on thrown in there. I bought one or two a week for a while. And a couple bigger orders if things were a great price.
How will you stock up? I keep mine in the cabinet opposite of Liam's. We have the larges on one side and the small on the other
June 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning on cloth diapering, and I can't WAIT to order a bunch of super cute covers... I am so busy that I haven't had time yet, but I am sure that I will start building my stock before July
June 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I wanted to cloth diaper but since this is our last it just didn't seem that practical . I would spend way to much money to make it worth it.
I have a package of newborns that I bought after we passed 13 weeks with a heartbeat They are still in the bin hidden away . I bought a package of 1 and 2 on sale a couple weeks ago. I don't buy more than one newborn package, and usually only one or two of the size 1's. I haven't started stocking up on wipes yet. My sister is throwing me a baby shower so I am hopeing to get some diapers and wipes then . I need to be better about the coupons and buying some when I go to the grocery store 2x a month.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you started stocking up on diapers? Yes, we started at 8weeks after we saw the heartbeat

Will you stock up? Absolutely. We did with my first...couldn't with my second because we were still buying diapers for my first during my pregnancy. We've been diaper free for 9 months, so we are able to stock up this time.

When will you start? Already have

Will you buy them only on sale, every few weeks, etc? I buy a package when I grocery shop (so once every 2 weeks). I will buy a few packages per size. And if I find a great coupon or sale I"ll buy some then too.

How will you stock up? I figure 2-3 packages of N, 5-6 of size 1, and a bunch of size 2's....since that's basically what my boys needed. The size 1 and 2's I'll get the big boxes. I figured I'll only get one or the 3's and the 4's...it'll be a long while before we need them. My boys stayed in 1's and 2's for FOREVER!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Missy, Walmart takes returns/exchanges without a reciept so it's best to get them from that store and you should be good! Target will not without a reciept, and even then the reciept is only good for 90 days. almost all places are like that now But not walmart!

Have you started stocking up on diapers? Not yet
Will you stock up? yes
When will you start? Probably really soon.
Will you buy them only on sale, every few weeks, etc? With coupons, on sale
How will you stock up? 2-4 newborns, 1-2 size 1's (seems alex outgrew these quickly!), 4-5 size 3's, and that's probably where we'll stop stocking up.
June 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're going to try cloth diapering for the first time. I'm going with rentals for the newborn stage, since this will be our last child and I won't need to save them for the future. Since we are renting, I haven't started stocking up yet.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
June 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I cloth diapered in the very beginning. Micks cousin sent us a start pack of Bum genius.

then I went to 'sposies...
I did not stock up much, I wanted to KNOW which worked best for her,
I ended up not liking the pampers,(leaked) and Huggies gave her a rash.....

My advice would be NOT to buy too many of one kind

June 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We started cloth diapering DD at around 4 months so I never did the newborn stash but I started amassing them when I was pregnant with the baby we lost last year. I now have quite an impressive collection of NB cloth and wool, and some new one size CDs and of course a bunch of gender neutral ones from DD that we'll reuse too.

June 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsnowflake View Post
Missy, Walmart takes returns/exchanges without a reciept so it's best to get them from that store and you should be good! Target will not without a reciept, and even then the reciept is only good for 90 days. almost all places are like that now But not walmart!
Thanks! I actually bought all of them at Walmart so I should be good to go if I need to exchange!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search