Meh> Blood pressure shot up **UPDATE need thoughts/advice?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
UPDATE:

So I talked to the midwife this morning... the twists and turns just keep coming. I am on strict bedrest doing the 24 hour urine until 1:30 pm, then I head to the lab for blood work and drop off the pee. If the results are >300 c-section today, I'm on clear liquids as of now. If not, MW and OB are saying I could repeat labs sunday and continue bedrest and see what happens... and/or pencil in a c-section for tuesday and continue to think about it (OB didn't realize she is booked solid in the O.R. for Monday.). I am really struggling here with what to do. Here's the issue. I would LOVE to avoid a c-section and go into labor on my own. LOVE LOVE LOVE. However, on strict bedrest I have NO ONE who can care for my daughter, who is almost 2.

After we got the news yesterday DH called his boss and went on paternity leave. He has a good amount of earned time so he doesn't have to return to work until July 5th. So he is here to take care of DD while I am on bedrest. But.... my worry is if I do have to have a c-section I will need him here at least 2 weeks after during the recovery as I will not be able to pick my DD up or care for her. So the more time we keep baby in now, the less time he has with us after when I will really need him.

What the heck do I do???

The title says it all. Woke up this morning just feeling 'not right', hands were swollen and I felt nauseous and like crap... checked my BP and it was 145/95. I had an appt today anyway but called to see if they wanted me to head to the lab first to repeat blood work and they said yes. My BP in the office was 148/98 and another one around the same, I have a good amount of swelling in my hands and feet that is all new and have gained 4lbs in 3 days.

Labs show early pre-eclampsia.... baby looked great on NST and my BP did come down to 104/80 at rest lying on my left side, so they said I could go home on STRICT bed rest (can't take care of my daughter) and I'm doing a 24 hour urine. Go back tomorrow and if the protein is >300 tomorrow he comes out tomorrow (protein on dipstick was negative today) and if not likely strict bed rest all weekend and c-section monday at 39 weeks. Not sure if they will recheck me over the weekend or not.

So, no chance of VBAC, she checked me today and I was 1 cm and 30-40% effaced, not enough for gentle augmentation and can't induce with my previous c-section. The good news is that my platelets were 100K so at least I should be able to get a spinal and not have to be knocked out completely for the surgery.

I'm tired.

Last edited by MamaRN; June 10th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.
June 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Ashl3y
I'm sorry things aren't going the way you had hoped.
June 9th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry.

June 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things have turned so stressful I'm so glad that you were paying attention to your body and keeping an eye on things. I hope things go as smoothly as possible from here on out
June 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for the stress you are under...and that it looks like your original birth plan won't be able to come into play. Rest up and just remember every birth story is special no matter how the baby is actually "born." (I had extreme disappointment after my first's birth plan went right out the window...but I've come to just appreciate his "story" for how it went down). HUGS< and take care of yourself!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 9th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're going through all this! I hope you are able to rest up well!
June 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Oh darn it I was so hopeful you were going to get to do a VBAC. Sorry things took a turn for the worse. I hope you don't have to be knocked out. KUP! Can't wait to see your little man.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are not going to get your vbac but on the flip side I am so excited to see your baby boy!! Ekkkkkkkkkkkkk!! Rest up sweetie.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry things aren't going as you hoped. I hope baby arrives safely and you feel better soon.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
June 9th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. Good job watching yourself though! Get some good rest and I'm keeping you and baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
June 10th, 2011, 05:19 AM
mom2moose
Wow! You've been on a bit of a rollercoaster this last month or so, haven't you?? I agree with Missy. It sucks that you won't get your VBAC, but you WILL get to meet your new son, very soon!! Which is awesomne! Whatever it takes to get him here safely, is what matters!! Keep us updated and GOOD LUCK!!!!
June 10th, 2011, 06:27 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sucks that your body turned down the wrong road, but we can hope that you won't have to be knocked out and you will get to see your little man so soon!!!

Keep rested, good luck and of course KUP!!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

June 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
bump for update...

June 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me

June 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, that really stinks!!!!! I am so sorry you won't be able to get a VBAC. I sure wish they would consider the foley bulb, especially if you are already 1 cm dilated.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would have a hard time making that decision too...I'm sorry things aren't going as you wished they would. I guess if it were me I'd wait until labs came back today...and then probably go ahead with the section sooner rather than later. Having had a dear friend with BP issues during her pregnancy, I know how fast the levels can just go up and up. Better to be able to get to the hospital all packed, at your "leisure" then to have to rush there in an emergency. You are past 38 weeks, so will they still need to do an amnio to check his lungs? If not, I think I'd go for it.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I was eclamptic big time with Katie and had a C section at 37 weeks.
My BP was 198/100 the night I had her....and almost did not make it.My platelets were low and I had to be knocked out as well.

the important thing is to remember, it will be what is best for you and your baby.
I'll be keeping you and your baby in my thoughts for the easiest recovery from a C section possible ! ~HUGS~

June 10th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks Ladies.

They ended up scheduling a c-section for tuesday morning. I barely passed the 24 hour urine today (cut off was 300 and mine was 263) so I go back sunday for a repeat of labs and if they are worse I'll go sunday, otherwise it will be tuesday, unless he decides to make an appearance before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Aww, that really stinks!!!!! I am so sorry you won't be able to get a VBAC. I sure wish they would consider the foley bulb, especially if you are already 1 cm dilated.
We actually talked about the foley bulb and my MW said if I were more effaced she might think it stood a chance but as is she doesn't think it will make any difference.

June 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
mom2moose
My advice? Just do the C-section. I know how badly you want a VBAC, and I realize it's important. BUT, it's also important that you're safe. Also, my main concern would be my daughter, who may be a bit confused on why Mommy can't pick her up because she's on bedrest. I think you and the baby's safety should be the main concern. I'm so sorry you have to make this decision. You have had tough time lately. I hope everything works out, no matter what happens. Good luck!!!!
June 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what I would decide... I just want to give you hugs!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search