Housecleaning

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2011, 06:32 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a slob. I will just come out and admit it. My house is a mess but I dislike cleaning so much. My DH is a lot worse than me.

Do you clean a lot? What is your motivation? I honestly do not like my house a mess and it bothers me but I can't afford a housekeeper right now.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm a neat freak by nature...but my husband (love him, mean it) is a slob. He's a pack rat,a piler, and nothing looks dirty to him EVER.

I scrub my kitchen and bathrooms 2ce a week (because both kitchen/bathroom germ thoughts gross me out).

The rest of the rooms I try and do once a week, but this last 12 weeks it has been very hard. I finally scrubbed the house top to bottom on Friday (and ended up spotting again yesterday, but at this point it's old hat so I didn't even freak).

And we broke down last month and hired cleaners to do a top to bottom deep clean of the house. Since we don't need much babywise this time, the money we'd saved aside for "baby" in the last year + it's taken us to conceive we've spent by hiring cleaners to come once a month. They are due back on June 20th and I can't wait for them to get here.

When not pregnant...I do the whole house 2ce a week. Being in a mess makes my depression (I've struggled with my whole life) kick in...so I have to have things neat and clean.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 12th, 2011, 08:01 AM
mom2moose
I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to do the dishes by hand. So every morning at 10 am, I do the dishes, clean up the kicthen, make my bed and start laundry. I only pick up toys in the front room once a day, and that is after Moose goes to sleep. (Because otherwise, what is the point??) I use my steam shark on my floors usually twice a week, same as vacuuming, but I just do that whenever it's starting to look bad. And I clean the bathroom twice a week while Moose is in the bathtub. I have to be in there anyways, might as well clean it. Now, I'm getting to be a bit anal about it, and can't stand clutter. It makes me crazy, so the dishes have to be clean in the morning so I don't have to look at them. LOL
June 12th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran
I'm not a slob by any means, but I've been sooo tired the past couple of weeks the clutter has piled up. I'm lucky if I can plug my phone charger in at the end of the day!
June 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't like a messy house but am terrible about cleaning. When not pregnant I do better, and once baby gets here I will be more of a neat freak. Something about an infant crawling around on a dirty floor just drives me nuts. The downstairs we are doing good at the day to day stuff. But the deep cleaning gets neglected. It is just what happens when both work and kids stuff get in the way. I would love to hire someone and may make a bigger effort after baby gets here.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
The show hoarding is on and its making me feel a lot better

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

June 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I admit that I like a clean house. I usually scrub everything once per week, including washing and vacuuming the floors and dusting. I tidy and make beds every day, I usually have a load of laundry on the go, I keep Clorox wipes in the bathrooms and kitchen for quick wipe downs when it is needed. It is much harder to do when I'm pregnant. I am just so tired and my feet and back hurt. DH is really wonderful for helping. He vacuumed and scrubbed the tub for me yesterday since those are the most difficult chores for me.

June 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like a clean house but just don't have enough hours in the day to do it while working full time, and would much rather spend the few hours I have each day with my ds and dh. So we do have someone come in every other week to do the big cleaning and I straighten up the rest of the time. I'm crazy about keeping my kitchen clean, more than anything else, so i do that daily but leave the rest. And over the last 3 weeks I can barely cook because of the m/s so cleaning becomes less urgent
June 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy, I will join you on team slob I just honestly do not care about keeping a clean house. I will pick up the clutter 2 or 3 times a week, and honestly I'm lucky if I take the time to do a deep clean on the house once every week or two. I'm hoping that I have some sort of hormonal change of heart once I start getting closer to having this little one
June 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am awful about cleaning. I simply don't have motivation too, I hate it more then anything! I do it when I absolutely have to, like before it gets disgusting. I like a clean house, and I'd be more motivated to keep it up if I weren't the only one committed to doing so. But after so long of being the one to do the big cleaning and then the only one willing to keep it up so we don't have to do a big cleaning again, I got tired of it. DH is starting to get a lot better though.
June 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't usually have the motivation to clean either, especially not when pregnant. My apartment looks terrible right now!

June 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I am not alone!

Brittanie - you are moving... you have a good excuse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search