I had the baby Friday!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are finally home. I am so glad. Ariana was 6 lbs 10 oz and 19.5 inches long and guess what no tearing!! The labor was 16 hours long!!! Man it was tough. But she is here and perfect. Sooo much black hair, it even hangs down some in the back and she has lips and dimples like dad. I'll get pics as soon as the pics are developed.

Water broke 4 am Friday morning. I was sooo not ready!! I'll tell the whole story sometime tomorrow. It was so crazy. But its over now. Wheew I am so relived.

June 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

June 25th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
Congratulations

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
June 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rachelle!
I am so excited for you!!! I cant wait to see the pics, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Ethan was 6.7lbs and 19 1/2 inches long... pretty similar to Arianna... except my labor was only 45 minutes!

Congrats and take it easy!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
June 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone, thanks Stephanie!! I can't wait to hear about your birth!! It is just such a relief and the joy..I tell ya nothing like it!!

Okay, I am free writing kida typing this, all from memory so forgive me if I jump around a bit. It has been a LOOONG 3 days!

Thursday night my DF, DD and sis in law and her son all went to this huge mall and went shopping and just had a good time. I was EXHAUSTED and sore by the time we got home, walking/waddling was such hard work toward the end of my pregnancy.

So Friday morning at 4 am I feel like kinda "blurp blurp, blurp" come out of me, I thought oh no I am actually peeing in my sleep! So I jumped up (which I had thought was impossible seeing as though I could barely turn over by myself before) and went to the bathroom. I was thinking something was up because I could not stop midstream, I leaked all the way to the bathroom. And then actually had to pee. haha

So then I sat on the toilet and thought "okay I wonder if thats what my water breaking feels like" So I smelled my pj pants, no urine smell, but no sweet smell either...so I woke DF up told him what happened and asked him to smell my pj pants (I had taken them off). So he says they don't smell like pee I know sexy right? haha). So I call my doc's emergency line, he calls back and tells me to go into the hospital. DF gets up and takes a shower and is literally pacing about the house..he says " I don't know what to do" I told him...umm put some clothes on he was walking around in a t-shirt and boxers and socks after his shower..pacing, haha

So he gets dressed, I take a shower because I feel ucky...I get dressed and oh yea did I mention that I had not packed my bag or DD's overnight bag for grandma's house??

So I hastily throw our bags together and then I can't find my OB prenatal file papers I was supposed to take with me, so I am angry about that, finally give up and off we go. We drop DD off and off we go again.

We get to the hospital and ask where L&D is, this dragon lady tells me I have to wait till 6 am to register..I tell her my water broke at 4 am and my doc told me to go right in. She tells us to wait.

Me....wait...she must be kidding....

So DF and I wait till she gets busy doing something else and we hit the elevator. We figured hey, someone had to know where L&D was, haha

So we find it in about 5 min and sign in, wait a few minutes and off I go to triage to get checked.

I am then 2 cm and 60% effaced and still leaking water.

So I get shipped to my L&D room and get hooked up to the IV's I had to get the antibiotic for beta strep- no biggie at all....EXCEPT..this wretched nurse poked me twice trying to gtet my vein, and my hand kept blowing up, so then the head nurse came in and got the vein right away, but my left hand was super, super sore from the stick the first nurse did, I mean I had a bubble on my hand and everything, it is still a little swollen...ohh I was pissed.

So we wait.....no change.....doc does not come right away but calls to check on me...when they tell him no progress after nearly 12 hours he ordesr up the pitocin...oh joy....

So 5 pm hits and the other doc in the practice shows up. Says turn up pitocin...OUCH....

Oh did I mention my baby did not like continious monitoring and kept dodging the heartbeat tracker thing... so doc says internal monitoring,.....but the cords or something were not working so they had to try the darn thing like 3 times...can you say OUCH....the rest of my bag of waters had to have broken then because there was gush! after he finished.

So they also had me hooked up to the blood pressure monitor...everfy 20 minutes. By then contractions were kicking my butt...can you imagine having a congtraction, then all of a sudden having your arm squeezed by some dumb azz machine WHILE having your doc's finger up your privates poking around tying to see my progress.....yes...ouch indeed. I thought I was going to keel over.

Now this doc, sweet man but arcahic and a sadist I am convinced!!! He barely wanted to give me freakin stadol for the pain! But my tears and woeful cries must have moved him because he grudgingly permitted me the pain relief....and it was great...for a short period of time.....then it wore off...and boy was I ready for my epi...but nooooooo The sadist doc kept throwing the "C-sec" word around becaue it was then like 7 pm, and no progress really, alll that time and I was only a "loose 3 cm' dialated.....oh and baby head was still high...I was so sad, I asked him why, why would my water break and my body not be ready? He gave me a pained look and just told me these things happen and sometimes the uterus and baby just need a little nudging and help.....then.....

Doc says change the pitocin bag and turn it up!!

Oh joy...

Oh and no epi!!

So talk about an unhappy camper....

BUT by shortly after 8 I was a 5 and effaced. So changing the dosage and all that did seem to work fast. By then I was pleading for the epi, contractions felt like waves, one after the other, the nurse said she would ask him if I could have it but gave me a "I don't know girl...." look...

So he came back and finally agreed but not before throwing the "C-sec" word around again and warning of stalled labor etc etc...

So epi man came and wowzers it hurt but I was still so thankful that complete pain relief was near...oooh but enter doc...he waltzs in on the tail end of the epi man giving me the run down on the push button to give me my epi medicine if I should need more, I can control it myself...Ohh no doc interjects and takes my pain relief push button and puts it behind the bed where I can't reach!!

He says he wanted me on the lowest dosage possible so that I could feel when to push...ooooh I was so mad I wanted to cry again...why did this man WANT me to be in the throes of such agony!!?? Did he have some personal vendetta because I saw the other doc and midwife more than I saw him? I dunno, all I knew was that I was pressing that butten the moment he walked out the door!

So I feel better, I still feel contractions but they are mild to me , I did got one press in before doc comes back, they break down the bed, I get checked and suddenly bam!! It's time!! It felt like a whirl wind, I pushed I think 4 times and out she came.

I see why doc wanted me to feel the pressure. The contraction I was numb too, but ohhhh the pressure, felt like someone was stomping on my butthole with a big construction boot, talk about the urge to push, ouch!

But out she came at 9:46 pm June 23rd. Baby girl, healtghy as an ox, beautiful and a perfect 38 weeker!!

She stayed with DF and I all night. Such a gem!!

She is so cute, she has such a little personality as well and the grin that melts dad's heart, she has his face almost exactly!!

I am still trying to get down swaddling, but even when I think I do it perfectly there is one renegade arm that always manages to break free and wave mockingly at me! So cute.

I can't believe my labor with # 2 was so long!! Geze!

Anyway thats about it, thanks for reading!!

June 26th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aww rachelle congrats! im so happy she is here!! i cant wait to see pics! im sorry you had such a hard time and POO for that dr. i would be of been pissed as well! aw but she is here!!!! Gosh i remember when you got that bfp! how exciting..now its everyone elses turn..i wish august would come! hehe..congrats again and please send pics!
June 26th, 2006, 08:28 AM
soontobemommyto3
wow congratulations!!! Sorry your DR wouldn't give you an epi. My hospital's policy gives one whenever you want (1CM 10CM whatever). My water broke with my first but my contractions started immediately afterwards and yeah, if they don't start within in 24 hours they get freaked out and want to do a c-section.

Glad everything went ok. Can't wait to see pictures.
June 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! What a trooper- and how fun to now have a little baby! After all the hardships of ttc and 2 miscarriages- it is all worth it, isnt it?

Have you told the girls on the ttc board?

And also, I love your description of still feeling the need to push! A construction boot on your butt hole- that is exactly right! People say an epidural numbs you completely, but for me, I sure knew when Ethan was ready to be pushed out!

What a great story, I am so happy for you! Glad to hear she is happy and healhty and that you are recovering well!

Take it easy and enjoy every minute of this!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
June 26th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy to hear she's here! You're story made me laugh (ok and slightly scared now!!) but I'm so glad that all had a happy ending! I can't wait to see pictures of her and definitely keep us posted on how she's doing and you of course!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 27th, 2006, 03:57 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures!
June 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Babies! It is so awesome to hear your story and know we aren't much further behind! I **skimmed** your details, don't want to go into shock already! I can't wait to see pics of her, I had been checking back to see if you had her yet.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
June 29th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
A big congratulations.

Labor is never fun lol.

With my first my water broke at 11:30pm and they sent me to the hospital, they didn't official regiser me in until 8am in the morning, after my Dr. came and checked me and said, "Yup your water broke"

I could have stayed home all night instead of going there
July 1st, 2006, 03:46 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! Your story was intresting, glad you made it through and your little girl is here. Can't wait to see pictures

July 1st, 2006, 07:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on a healthy baby girl!
Marie
July 2nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Congrats!! Now lets go for the BOY!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

</div>
July 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude... WOW!

What a story! What a pregnancy!

Congrats and HAPPY GRADUATION FROM PREGNANCY AFTER LOSS!!!!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 3rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Congrats and HAPPY GRADUATION FROM PREGNANCY AFTER LOSS!!!![/b]
I know, I realized that I did finally graduate...man...what a ride, what a ride.

And I don't know about trying for a boy, haha DD #1 is already asking for a little brother, I am like umm get back to me. hee hee

Thanks everyone!

July 4th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story... I enjoyed it. Congrats on your new baby!!!!!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

July 4th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the story. A happy ending. I needed the boost. Congratulations
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search