Update and a Concern

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I promise that in a few days I will become a regular to this board again! I have been in Missouri for the last 2.5 weeks and we are heading back home tomorrow. My belly has grown, Marsi is moving. A week or so ago it was amazing how active she was. That gets me to my little concern. I really don't feel her as much as I did a week ago. I still feel movements of some sort every once in a while, but no where near the intensity or frequency that it was before. I am starting to really get concerned about her decreased movement. I drink orange juice...little to nothing. I eat meals...little to nothing. All of these things that used to make her move are just not having that effect anymore. I am with my mom and I don't want her to worry as we will be spending 20+ hours driving back home. I have been worried for the last week at least. I mean my belly would ripple with her movements over a week ago and now I have to try to feel her. I still do. I still get distinct kicks. My BH contractions are extremely frequent. Am I over analyzing things or is there a basis to this?

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
You are a normal mother...who is overanalyzing things It is what we do!!

Kieran has gone through periods of that as well. And strangely, he had one about three weeks, right where you are now. I started to get worried about his movement and asked my doc at my appt. And he said that there could be two things happening. The first is that he is sleeping more because he is going through a huge growth spurt. Just like babies on the outside, when they are concentrating on growing, they will sleep like crazy for their body to use the energy for growth. Or, he is moving and whatever position he got into is not one where I feel the movement as much. At 26 weeks, they can still get around 360 degrees in there and she might be kicking into your placenta or even into your muscles of of your back. Those places are not places you would feel much movement, if any. As long as you still feel her on ocassion, it is a good sign. She will go through more periods like that, either growing or getting a bit cramped and you will worry about her. And you should call your doc if you really need some reassurance. I am sure he/she can give it to you in spades that it is normal part of the progression of pregnancy. Kieran is back to his usual fiesty self and we actually found out that he had grown A TON in the weeks between 18 and 26. He is up in the 90th percentile, which might have accounted for his decreased movement for a couple of those weeks. He was working on being a mini football player Drive safe coming home!!
July 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
mom2moose
I went throught the same thing. He was super active, then almost nothing. I also worried. I felt him everyday, but not nearly as much as he used too. I think the fact was, he just ran out of room for the BIG movements, ya know. Now, he moves, but it's usually an elbow sticking out of my side or a butt at my belly button. His movements are less and less pronounced. Of course, if you're concerned, call your doc when you get home. But I asked my OB about it, and she said it was normal when they started running out of room. I know it's scary.
July 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Or, he is moving and whatever position he got into is not one where I feel the movement as much. At 26 weeks, they can still get around 360 degrees in there and she might be kicking into your placenta or even into your muscles of of your back. Those places are not places you would feel much movement, if any.
This is exactly what I was thinking. For me growth spurts have only lasted a day or two, but they've all gotten into positions where I haven't felt them for longer periods than that (drove me CRAZY).

July 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ack I hate when they are more quiet or in a funny position. It drives me bonkers. I agree with the other ladies though. But when you get home put in a call to your dr if you are still worried and get checked. No reason to worry yourself if you don't have to. Have a safe trip home and we can't wait to hear about all that has gone on and of course see new belly pics .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to what everyone else said. At this point, she doesn't have enough room to make rippling currents around your belly anymore. I remember my first daughter literally made waves of my belly around 22 weeks or so, but after that it started to become just gentle movements with the occasional hard kick.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
July 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would call the dr and just express your concerns, that way they can tell you whether it is normal or not, sorry you are dealing with this worry
July 18th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would guess between how much bigger she is now...my first "slowed down" after a certain point in my pregnancy. Also, my kids would get very quiet for days and my ob said it was just growth spurts. If it makes you feel better, call your ob when you get home, but I would assume she as fine since you are still feeling her. ((HUGS)) And have a safe trip back!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Thanks for all of the reassurance ladies! I really appreciate it! I am home now. We decided to drive straight through from MO to UT. I am exhausted but it is so nice to be home! It was a 19.5 hour drive.

She is still kicking well and I have my midwife appointment tomorrow and I won't call them today for that reason. It is nice to feel her. She is big enough to kick my ribs really well.

Pregnancy is definitely interesting! I have lost ANOTHER pound this last trip to MO. I am just really hoping that she is growing well and I am just a weird lady that doesn't know how to pack on some good baby making pounds. I do know my uterus is growing because it is inching way above my belly button right on schedule with what they say it should be and that helps curb the worry.

Again thanks. Sometimes I just feel crazy!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 19th, 2011, 11:50 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
We are due at the same time...and I am experiencing the exact same thing.
July 19th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You aren't crazy at all...sadly it's part of PAL. Glad you're home safe and she's kicking away! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search